Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Jem
11-21-2000, 6:21 PM
hehe I can see no one is interested in this SW movies forum and you know why?? kuz episode one was a real big disapointment compared to the good first 3 SW movies.
so were the updates brought to those good old 3 episodes that should have been left untouched! C'mon why don't they realize that super extra humoungus extrem fantastic effects doesn't give a super extra humoungus extrem fantastic movie.
I remember the women Alien singer/dancer in Jubba the Hutt base on "the return of the jedi episode" she was really funny the way she was created and that was the kind of thing that made the movie special But now in the remake they did this digitalized alien that really went to far.

Yes the new LA movies will be nothing like the original ones. And that mostly, I think, is cause of all the digitalizing.

I don't think I'll bother waste my money to go see episode 2 and 3

Jem
 Jem
11-21-2000, 6:39 PM
BIG OOPS !!! for the topic I wrote:
the first 3 SW movies were good, but know.....
I meant to write:
the first 3 SW movies were good, but now.....

I meant to write NOW not KNOW !! ok?
 K_Kinnison
11-21-2000, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jem:
hehe I can see no one is interested in this SW movies forum and you know why?? kuz episode one was a real big disapointment compared to the good first 3 SW movies.
so were the updates brought to those good old 3 episodes that should have been left untouched!

um, the flannel one mainly did those becaseu he did not have the Budget to do them in the first place, and overall they do not really effect the storyline much, just htink of it as a Late version of the Directors cut.

C'mon why don't they realize that super extra humoungus extrem fantastic effects doesn't give a super extra humoungus extrem fantastic movie.

No they dont, taht is one of the main problems about TPM, it can not stand alone as a movie by iteslf, it was a buncha mini-films and a showcase of New Special Effects. But that does not mean SW OY shoudl be ignored, the story is still there, and from what i ahve herd of EP2, it looks to be a great movie, one of the Best maybe

I remember the women Alien singer/dancer in Jubba the Hutt base on "the return of the jedi episode" she was really funny the way she was created and that was the kind of thing that made the movie special But now in the remake they did this digitalized alien that really went to far.

I assume you mean Sny Snootles, well, that is one of the Problems with ROTJ, it turned into a Sci-FI muppet show. I think it was great to have Sny done as CGI, and it made the character look a lot more lifelike.

Yes the new LA movies will be nothing like the original ones. And that mostly, I think, is cause of all the digitalizing.

No, taht is becasue of our veiwpoint, we ahe elarned to love and ahve fond memories of the OT, now we ahve something new to look at and we are allways going to compare it yto the glorified version of the OT

I don't think I'll bother waste my money to go see episode 2 and 3

Thats your opinion, but i think after 4 months of it being in the theaters you might want to change your mind.. at least see it at matinee prices. I have talked to one of the Artists at the ranch who worked on EP1 and now is workign on EP2. he main comment, however little, is "be ready for suprises" and "give Jar Jar a chance"
 Admiral
11-22-2000, 1:07 AM
While I love the films. I'll never run off to see them the first day they are out. I always wait, so I can actually get a good seat, and not have to stand in line all day long.

The special edition, in my opion was a good improvement, they fixed many problems they had in the originals. Episode 2, promises to be a good one as well. For now I would hold off judgement at least untill the trailers come out.

------------------
"Dulce bellum inexpertis."
(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb
 Nute Gunray
11-22-2000, 1:56 AM
TPM did what it was supposed to: look good and just tell us who the new characters are.

------------------
http://members.aol.com/stormhawk337/jup_sept.gif)
I'm convinced solar energy is a Communist conspiracy
 Keyan Farlander
11-22-2000, 2:57 AM
Originally posted by Admiral:
While I love the films. I'll never run off to see them the first day they are out. I always wait, so I can actually get a good seat, and not have to stand in line all day long.

The special edition, in my opion was a good improvement, they fixed many problems they had in the originals. Episode 2, promises to be a good one as well. For now I would hold off judgement at least untill the trailers come out.

I saw TPM on opening day. I stood in line for 5 minutes and had my pick of anywhere I wanted to sit in the theater http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 nova_wolf
11-22-2000, 8:47 AM
I liked the new Sy Snoodles (believe this is the correct spelling - but flame me if im wrong) and Max Rebo - they looked good - and it worked kinada well, as it gave the oppurtunity for More Boba Fett.

As I said last time some was toasting the Remasterd Release (STILL cant elieve theyre gonna rerelease it !!) :
It wasnt just the big, obvious bits. I have watched it enough to see the more subtle additions - like when luke proclaimes to palpatine - 'You have failed your highness", it was see luke, see emporer. Now, they look back at luke a second time, to show his resolve is strong, that he is not gonna give in, and THEN you see the emperor get 'upset'...

Ill add later - but you know it to be true - look inside yourself...

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Jem
11-22-2000, 10:30 AM
Well I guess I'll bother seeing episod 2 and 3, after that I will be able to confirm my point of view concerning the new SW movies...

Jem
Page: 1 of 1