Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars A Dark Hope

Page: 1 of 1
 steven
11-18-2006, 4:45 PM
This is a remake of a New Hope but set in a different timeline or alternate universe. Whatever makes you happy. This tale is biased on a custom campaign for Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. Also, like the title suggests, this rpg will be more darker and properly have a much sinister ending.

A long time ago in a galaxy far away...

Star Wars
A Dark Hope

It is a period of civil war.

The mysterious forces known as the Jedi, striking
from a hidden base, have forced the Galactic Empire's
leader, the Emperor, out of his palace on Dathomir to
hunt them down himself.

The Emperor blames the Imperial Senate for allowing such
a threat like this cause so much trouble and has launched
many attacks against them, threatening to disband the senate
completely if any retaliations against are made. However that
hasn’t stopped some of the senators.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Senators Veskasa
Nilar races home aboard her starship, custodian of a rare
stolen power generator which is needed to activate an
ancient shield generator located on her planet which will
ensure that no imperial ship will reach her planet....

Aboard the bridge of the Star Destroyer, 'Devastator'.

"Enemy ship is in range, preparing to fire Ion Cannon," Reported on of the
officers which was sited at one of the many terminals in the damp, cold
bridge of the Star Destroyer.
"Proceed..." Came the dark reply from the Devastators commander, Darth
Caos. He was the Chiss apprentice to the Emperor. He had been given the
person task of humiliating and slaughtering Veskasa Nilar, and he was perfect
for the job. Caos was twisted and disturbed in any personal matter. His
ship's interior was a perfect example of his cruelty and dark mind. He was
also the only one of that ship that wasn't brain washed or had been drained
to an inch of his life and then painfully had the energy force back into him
buy himself.

"Y-yes sir." Replied the officer before turning a dial and pressing a button
which caused the Star Destroyer to launch multiple ion blasts towards the
smaller ship known as the Tantive V. The shot's were successful and the
Tantive V stopped in its tracks. It was then later pulled into Devastators
hangers by the Star Destroyer's tractor beams.

"The Tantive V has successfully reached the hangers but we wouldn't be
able to dock unless we gain access to the bridge," Informed another officer.
"Deploy the Dark Troopers. They'll use their jetpacks to get from our ship
onto theirs." Replied Caos.

And as Caos had ordered Dark Troopers (phase III) launched from the
balconies of the hanger onto the Tantive V's exterior and went to a suitable
location where they could enter the ship. It wasn't long until they had found
what they were looking for, which was an airlock which they could easily pry
into and within minutes after doing so, squads of Dark Troopers began
swarming in and easily took down what little resistance the ship security the ship had.
 Diego Varen
11-18-2006, 4:49 PM
Looks good steven, was this based on your own custom campaign in Galactic Battlegrounds? I also own that game. Anyway, I'm looking foward to more and also your spelling/grammar has improved.
 steven
11-18-2006, 4:52 PM
Thank you, and no. It was based on someone elses. My begining is a little similar to campaign but the rest wouldn't be.
 Diego Varen
11-18-2006, 4:58 PM
Thanks for the info steven. I hope I don't jinx this Thread, but I hope you can finish this Fic steven.
 steven
11-18-2006, 5:02 PM
So do I Pottsie, so do I.
 steven
11-20-2006, 2:36 PM
Chapter One, Troubles

Once the Dark Troopers had successfully taken control of the Tantive V's bridge, Darth Caos walked onto the ship. He enjoyed walking over the corpses of the Tantive V's security force. Caos knew that no basic soldier with basic equipment would stand a chance against the fierce Dark Troopers, which they're powerful cannons that could easily dispose of the toughest human. It made Caos smile to see these deaths, there blood which was splattered over the floor made him feel right at home. That's the sort of twisted man Caos is.

As Caos walked onto the bridge, the Dark Trooper commander, DT 018000, greeted him.

"Master Caos, we have secured all levels and compartments on this ship expect from one. It's protected by a heavily reinforced blast door." Reported DT 018000

"You use your damn cannons," Replied Caos, frustrated that they had no thought of that earlier," It's why we gave them to you, for the Emperor's Sake!"

"Negative, the cannons had no effect." Replied DT 018000

"What do you mean no effect? How the dark side of force can they not work?" Shouted Caos, who was beginning to loose his temper with his minion.

"The door is a heavily reinforced blast door. We calculate not even your lightsaber could do much damage." DT 08000 paused "But perhaps you could use the force to pray the door open. But completely but just enough so we could planet an explosive to open the door more."

"Good idea. I would rather have one of the apprentices go that but I'm here now and I can't wait any longer, I want that Senator chained up in my quarters so I can begin the damn torture and interrogation. Which reminds me, what of those power generators?"

"We have recovered 3 out of four power generators. Location on the fourth is unknown. The tracting beacon we placed on has seemed to malfunction. It was been showing all different places in the ship. At one point, it showed the beacon walking through a wall..."

The beacon wasn't malfunction. The generator had moved through the wall, or to be more accurate, moving over the walls, because in a space suit, Senators Veskasa Nilar's half brother Bail Organa (the second) was carrying that power generator across the Tantive V to find somewhere where he could connect the generator to the Star Destroyer which would easily over power the Star Destroyer and cause it to explode.

Bail was surprised how this power generator could be the size it is. Roughly it was the height of a normal footlockers and was as wide of two put together. Bail had easily got it to a hidden hatch, which lead to the bottom of the exterior of the ship. If Bail hadn't had the magnetic boots on his space suit he would have floated off.

Come on Bail, It's not going to be hard, you just need to find where I can plug this is, Bail thought to himself, but where and what I am I looking for? This seemed much easier in my mind.
 Diego Varen
11-20-2006, 2:54 PM
Good Chapter, overall better than the Prologue. I'm surprised that I'm the only member to reply to this Fic.
 Darth Randus
11-26-2006, 10:32 AM
intresting fic that this is shaping up to be... i like it so far and im looking forward to reading more!
 The_Catto
11-26-2006, 9:23 PM
I agree with the rest of em! lol ... Great work and, looking forward to see more of this :)
Page: 1 of 1