Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any Other Mods People Might Recommend?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jechor
11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I went and installed a whole host of mods a few weeks back, some I had to ditch that I was going to install and some I got away with, most of the probs were with .2da file problems and one other file type, which I forget now.

Anyway, I have the following mods installed, but still, finding the game hardly a challenge even putting the game on the hardest difficulty. My last run was a female jedi with 2 levels of scoundrel, and 18 of guardian, and she smacked the living crap out of everything, though with the mods that I'll have listed, you'll probably see why due to equipment. Anyway, I'm waffling:
Bastilas Revelation Robes
Clonetroopers[meck]
EZswoop (only recently, but thats cos I hate the god damn swoop racing :P )
Green Rodians (what can I say I like greedo ;) )
Hide the weapons
Jaguar swoop texture (just cos it's nice)
Jedi Whiskers (male bearded jedi portrait)
Juhanis dark robe, also included her sanctuary ones.
Kotor Stormtrooper
Luke RotJ saber on sound
New Scoundrel underwear
Revan CS Fix (though I didn't see any difference in the cut scenes)
Segan Wyndh Armor
Small Texture pack
Sith Special Forces Armour
Unique Saber Textures
Xia Terashai Set
Yellow Mission mod

I'm thinking of ripping the unique saber textures out, unless i put sabers in from all those mods in the wrong order, because apart from Xia's lightsabers, when the other sabers arent swinging, they look errrm, i dunno, really really rough is the best way to put it. Unless it's my graphic settings.

The other problem I had with the mods listed above, is when I went to Kashykk, to pick up Jolee, for some reason he was completely invisible, and after the first line of dialogue in the cut scene, my game constantly crashed. So the only solution I found, since I didn't know what was causing it, was edited his appearance.2da line, and replaced it with the original game's appearance.2da line of his, and that seemed to work. So i'm not sure why his appearance got changed, maybe the initial jedi robe he wears, I'm not sure, but like i said he was completely invis, in the cutscenes.

The mods I haven't installed yet or got to work are:
Bastila FRevan (just havent bothered yet)
Hardcore mod (just havent bothered yet)
Padawan mod (just havent bothered yet)
and
Debonair Head Mod.

The last one seems to possibly installed okay for everyone else, but something screws up badly for me. The male character, in the game, ends up having a completely white head, white eyes, etc. So something isn't right there :-/

Anyway, if anyone's got any suggestions what other mods I could put in or even remove to make the game more of a challenge, would be good. I'm only just comfortable editing .2da files. I used a .2da merger program to merge the clone troopers with the storm troopers over the original game .2da files, but then I had to add the juhani and bastila stuff separately I think to the .2da files, because the .2da merger program fell over after that :(

Thanks in advance.

PS. I think the other file was a .uti file or something, when I tried to install jabbas palace and the orb mantell (name?) mods. They had conflicting .uti files perhaps. I'd have to download those two again and check.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-17-2006, 11:44 AM
I see 4 of your mods that are mine ;)

So I can tell you those were definitely intended to be played with the Hardcore Mod AND a host of RedHawke's Mods (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/mods.html).. his supplied enemies will definitely have you crying or cursing (or both :xp: )... damn lizards... other than his other great mods, these 2 in particular were ones I had lingering in my head when designing these:

Weebul & Utiinii's Imporium Mod
New KOTOR Planet: ORD Mandell Mod

The 3 armors of mine are heavily buffed under the assumption that ppl were playing Hardcore+Highest Difficulty (as everyone was at the time I made them.. hehehe).. even with such stats, the game provided a good mix of player pwning, and getting pwned. Without the Hardcore Mod, yeah, you'll probably be kicking the spit out of anyone you come across...
 Jechor
11-19-2006, 8:03 AM
I see 4 of your mods that are mine ;)

So I can tell you those were definitely intended to be played with the Hardcore Mod AND a host of RedHawke's Mods (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/mods.html).. his supplied enemies will definitely have you crying or cursing (or both :xp: )... damn lizards... other than his other great mods, these 2 in particular were ones I had lingering in my head when designing these:

Weebul & Utiinii's Imporium Mod
New KOTOR Planet: ORD Mandell Mod

The 3 armors of mine are heavily buffed under the assumption that ppl were playing Hardcore+Highest Difficulty (as everyone was at the time I made them.. hehehe).. even with such stats, the game provided a good mix of player pwning, and getting pwned. Without the Hardcore Mod, yeah, you'll probably be kicking the spit out of anyone you come across...

No problem at all thanks :)

I'll go and install the Hardcore mod. I wasn't actually about moding KotOR when people initially did all these mods.

What's the opinion on: Revan/Sith/Bastilia's Item Pack, Blaster/Armor/Droid/Misc Item Pack, which are both required for Revan The White/Star Forge/Booster Pack ?

Or am i going to make it even more overpowered, by these 3 Redhawke mods, even with the Hardcore mod installed ? Also the Rodian Elder Merchant mod ?

I'm only asking about those 4 mods, because I don't want to uninstall and reinstall a lot of mods. Maybe I'm being lazy :)

I will download the Weebul and Orb Mantell mods, and try and get them to work though :)

Thanks again.
 Master Kavar
11-19-2006, 9:33 AM
Personally, I'm all about adding aesthetic qualities to my game, rather than new content. I'd recommend RedHawke's Make Mission a Jedi, and Siberian Cathar Juhani. KristyKristic's Feminine Revan Robes look great along with Meet Athena new female PC mod. (The latter goes great with a certain Bastila & Fem Revan mod, just FYI.)
 Jechor
11-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Personally, I'm all about adding aesthetic qualities to my game, rather than new content. I'd recommend RedHawke's Make Mission a Jedi, and Siberian Cathar Juhani. KristyKristic's Feminine Revan Robes look great along with Meet Athena new female PC mod. (The latter goes great with a certain Bastila & Fem Revan mod, just FYI.)

Okay again thanks, and no problem. I'll think about the Mission one. I'm trying to make the game harder, though the hardcore mod may do just that. I just took a look at the Siberian Juhani screenshots, so they might be something i look at, but given I use Juhani's dark robes, I'd probably never seen the siberian version of Juhani.

I think I've installed the Feminine Revan Robes I'm not sure, I'd have to check. i know I've used her fixed female Revan model though, though I'll admit I didn't see any difference, but I probably did install the female robes too.

I think I had the Athena mod before, but given my inexperience with modding, I couldn't get it to install without major conflicts :( But I can look into it again, if I can find the Athena link, cos I probably deleted the mod.
Page: 1 of 1