Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Firefox Incompatability?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mace MacLeod
11-16-2006, 9:41 AM
Having a problem with the latest version of Firefox, and this also popped up from time to time on the older version as well.

When I respond to a thread, the buttons for bold, alignment, quote, etc don't actually do anything, they just pop me back to the top of the page. Same with the smiliey list.

The add-ons I've installed are Adblock, Downthemall, FasterFox, FlashGot and NoScript, although I've allowed LF on the the NoScript, so it shouldn't be that.

Please help the computer-illiterate.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-16-2006, 9:51 AM
This happens to me on occasion, but it only seems to do it when I'm trying to use them after previewing. Odd I admit.

However, not sure in your case, but the tags will actually work if it's my first initial composing :confused:

This little extension works wonders however ;)

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/491/)
 tk102
11-16-2006, 9:54 AM
Make sure you also allow 64.20.36.214 -- that's the static ip of lfnetwork that serves a lot of scripts to you.
 Mace MacLeod
11-16-2006, 1:42 PM
Make sure you also allow 64.20.36.214 -- that's the static ip of lfnetwork that serves a lot of scripts to you.Yay! Thanks for the tip, got my smilies back and everything.

@ChAiNz: That little doodad looks cool, too. Which menu applies to LF? Do all of them? And yes, my Commodore64 is really neat-o.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-16-2006, 4:19 PM
@ChAiNz: That little doodad looks cool, too. Which menu applies to LF? Do all of them? And yes, my Commodore64 is really neat-o.
the bbcodeXtra drop menu are the tags that LFnet uses (and Bioware & Obsidian). [vBcode]

I mainly use it if I have multiple quotes in a reply.. makes it a ton easier. But it gets to be secondhand once you use it. Highlight, right-click, select, done.. ;)
 Mace MacLeod
11-16-2006, 8:08 PM
Coolness. Thanks, guys. :D
 Sabretooth
11-17-2006, 4:27 AM
This little extension works wonders however ;)

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/491/)

Lolz, I was about to recommend the very same thing. A must-have for any vBulletin Forum member. :)

I think i used to have similar problems before on Firefox, especially with versions before 1.5. Most of them were related to javascript or something, but they somehow got ironed out with FF2.
 Jae Onasi
11-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the extension link--very nice.
 Hayden Kered
11-22-2006, 4:07 AM
I installed the extension but I do not think that it works. Also, where is the menu for it? I can't find it.
 stoffe
11-22-2006, 7:39 AM
I installed the extension but I do not think that it works. Also, where is the menu for it? I can't find it.

You right-click in a text input field, the extension adds a new entry to the context popup menu.
 Hayden Kered
11-22-2006, 8:43 AM
OOHH! There it is. Thank you stoffe.
 Phantom Joker
11-29-2006, 12:02 AM
the bbcodeXtra drop menu are the tags that LFnet uses (and Bioware & Obsidian). [vBcode]
Nifty. Thanks for the catch.
Page: 1 of 1