Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Linux server errors

Page: 1 of 1
 CalcProgrammer1
11-15-2006, 8:31 PM
I'm trying to set up a JKA server on an old PC, I installed Puppy Linux (most lightweight distro I could find) and made /usr/local/games/ja using Puppy's file manager. mkdir returned an error, when I open the file manager it defaults to /root/ just in case that matters. I then made a /base inside of /ja and copied the assets 1 2 3 and 0 files to it. I have in the /ja folder: linuxjampded, server.cfg, jampgamei386.so, readme.txt, and server options.txt. I copied the library to /usr/lib but when I run the server, it says it cannot exec server.cfg and then also says it cannot exec jampgame and quits...what should I do to make it work?
 CalcProgrammer1
11-15-2006, 9:57 PM
Here is what the Linux console says:

----------------------
23744 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
couldn't exec jampserver.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Opening IP socket: localhost:29070
Hostname: localhost
Alias: puppypc
IP: 127.0.0.1
map mp/ffa5
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp/ffa5
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/root/.jk3/base
/root/games/ja/base/assets3.pk3 (16 files)
/root/games/ja/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)
/root/games/ja/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
/root/games/ja/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
/root/games/ja/base
./linuxjampded/base

----------------------
47488 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Sys_LoadDll(/root/games/ja/base/jampgamei386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(/root/games/ja/base/jampgamei386.so) failed: "/root/games/ja/base/jampgamei386.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Sys_LoadDll(./linuxjampded/base/jampgamei386.so) failed: "./linuxjampded/base/jampgamei386.so: cannot open shared object file: Not a directory"
Resolving masterjk3.ravensoft.com
masterjk3.ravensoft.com resolved to 63.146.124.53:29060
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
Sys_Error: Sys_LoadDll(jampgame) failed dlopen() completely!

This was on the Puppy box, I changed the dir to /root/games/ja (and /base) but no difference. I chmodded the file to a+rwx and it still won't work. I also installed it on my Ubuntu desktop and it did the same thing.
 CalcProgrammer1
11-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Ok fixed it, had to move the server.cfg and the jampgame to /base, but now when I try to connect it says: Server uses protocol version 25 and it won't load the game. JAM KT detects the server and its name but JKA won't play it.
Page: 1 of 1