Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Odd graphics corruption in EAW FoC

Page: 1 of 1
 CabooseOMalley
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi!
Just got the game, installation went well but ingame I firstly noticed that the "skybox" (or should I say Spacebox?) was missing in the main menu. So I went to start a new game. Next thing I noticed was that there was no subtitles, even though I made sure they're on. After the cutscene when I got to play, I didn't have any HUD!! plus alot of the information like health bars and stuff were missing. Then I tried GC, the HUD was there but there was no build options?! and again all info on the HUD was missing. You can guess by now what was the result in skirmish....

I would have posted my Dxdiag as an attachment, but I can't...
So here's a summary:

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. (A8N-SLI)

> Chipset : nVidia nForce4

> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2015 MHz

> Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 @ 200 MHz)

> Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc ATI Technologies Inc (Radeon X1600 Series)

> Monitor Type : BenQ FP931 19 inchs

> Network Card : Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) AM79C978 PCnet Single Chip Home Networking Controller 1/10Mbps

> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 9.0c
 CabooseOMalley
11-16-2006, 3:45 PM
Okay... Since no one's answering I'll just assume your not sure of what I'm talking about so I'll just fill in some more Information. First of all, I left out a little detail, My graphics card isn't technically an ATI Radeon card, specifically it's an ASUS Enhanced ATI Radeon X1600 XT Silent. Does that help? Just yesterday I downloaded newer drivers for it which in my disappointment didn't change anything... I have so far tried With and without Catalyst AI, With and Without AntiAliasing and Anisotrophic Filtering, reinstalling my drivers, also tried the ATIs official drivers (6.10) but still no luck. I really was looking forward to this game, liked its predecessor aswell. But now it seems that I wont be able to play it :( Might just aswell go back to the store and sell it back to them, hoping for a good refund...
But not yet!! Please someone help!!
Page: 1 of 1