Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Someone please help me....

Page: 1 of 1
 JKLE_Cougar
11-08-2006, 5:10 PM
This has been bugging me for the longest time there has to be a fix out there somewhere and i have asked everwhere else you guys are my last hope!!!!!! There are a few problems here with JK and MotS so any ANY help will be greatly apprciated!!!!

I recently did a dual boot on my machine with Windows XP and Me. JK and MotS work great on Me except i cant play online with MotS and only MotS it says that the IP service is not available on XP however JK and MotS don't work very well but both can go online. the problem is that every time i try to run JK and MotS it says that i need to install direct x 5 even though I have Direct X 9.0c. So i installed 5 and nothing, I reinstalled 9 and different versions of 9 and still nothing, i even reinstalled my graphics card drivers and still the same message. Finally i tried re-installing JK and MotS and that still didn't work. I have been getting around it by just using the JK.exe and JKM.exe but the graphics will only be 8 bit causing poor game play. Please tell me there is a way to fix this it is really starting to annoy me. Here is my system info...

Dual Boot Windows XP and Me
Pentium III 933 MHz
512 MB ram
Nvidia GeForce MX4000 (128MB)
Direct X 9.0c installed

I will even post pictures to show you what i am going through:

This is what it looks like on XP:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/xMasterKatarnx/01.png)

as you can see the textures arent smooth :?

This is what came up when i opened direct X on both OS/s too:
XP:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/xMasterKatarnx/XPInfo.png)
Me:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/xMasterKatarnx/MeInfo.png)
this is all the info i can give at this time some one please help meeee!!!!!!!

-Andrew
 jedi-Guard
11-12-2006, 5:06 PM
The only thing i can say, is that microsoft doesnt recommend using 2 operativ systems, but microsoft made it avalible anyway.
There might be something else with the files that can be confused if you have 1 operativ system on one harddrive and the other on the other harddrive which mots not to understand that it should look for its files on D: instead of C:.
Dont take me to seriously with D drive and C drive, its just a bad though that hit me with a large hammer.
 JKLE_Cougar
11-21-2006, 7:22 PM
nah they are both on C: all my XP stuff is installed on G: my 2nd harddrive so i have 2 versions of JK and MotS installed and BOTH say the same thing under XP and XP only
 MasterRoss08
11-22-2006, 2:23 AM
Hmm maybe I ca nhelp ya here Andy. Idk if I can be any help
but ill try ;) . Ok do you get this message only when you try
installing it or do you get it everytime you try to load it?
im pretty much sure there is a way to skip direct x installation.
 MasterRoss08
11-22-2006, 2:36 AM
Hmmm I noticed when I tried reinstalling Jedi Knight That when it
finished there was no message to install any direct x product.
With Xp. It just finished with installation and everything. No Messages
of it nothing. Hmmm
 JKLE_Cougar
11-24-2006, 6:10 PM
i get this message every time i try to play... and there is a way to skip it but it causes bad graphics
 MasterRoss08
11-24-2006, 6:17 PM
I c. are the graphics that bad that you cant play dude?
 JKLE_Cougar
11-24-2006, 6:59 PM
well no its just that they are annoying... and over time it just gets more annoying
 MasterRoss08
11-24-2006, 7:45 PM
well like I said in a previous conversation I sadly cant help any here. :(
It could be a variety of problems. Direct x,Graphics card, Install shield(has issues with some old games from some reading Ive done) and of course windows....
Page: 1 of 1