Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Play Oblivion? Please help Old Man Astro :)

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 8:44 AM
OK. I moved my whole Oblivion folder to an external HDD, thinking it was still going to be playable(as I have done with NWN and COD2) It is playable but my saved games semeed to have disappeared. If it was on a different folder on my system HDD, it is long gone as I reformatted that drive :(

My questions/request :

1. Could my saved games still exist ? Where are they actually stored ?

2. Can someone please kindly donate a saved game to me? I want a strong character. My Drow girl is(was) a bit weak and I dont have much time before NWN2 to have any fun in Oblivion :( A drow preferred but anyone wielding a sword/axe will do. No spellcasters plz, I prefer detsroying my foes face to face :cool:

thanks in advance / mtfbwya
 TSR
11-06-2006, 8:53 AM
Lawl at you...
I could give you the save files for a lvl 18 orc (which i decided to train with a sword and heavy armour) BUT
i'm at school ATM, and i've headed straight to work afterwards till 9'. then, my lovely 1 hour bike ride back home will leave me til 10, and then theres the matter of cooking my dinner and doing some much needed homework. So, i should be able to bag you it tommorow if no one has helped you by then (if i can find it, i've not got the skillz i would like to think i have with these files swapping things, so you may have to help me on this one.)
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 9:10 AM
Lawl at you...
if i can find it, i've not got the skillz i would like to think i have with these files swapping things, so you may have to help me on this one....

I imagine theyre not huge filesizes, so they could be emailed :) 3 guesses at what my hotmail address is :p

mtfbwya
 TSR
11-06-2006, 9:12 AM
erm... they'll probably be wrong, so i guess i wont be infringing on the DPA 1998...;)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

on a side not, i will not leave you alone once i get it :D
 Alkonium
11-06-2006, 9:31 AM
Hmmm, the best I can get you is a Level 3 Male Imperial Knight or a Level 6 Female Khajiit Nightblade(all her spells involve touching the target). Want one of them?
 TSR
11-06-2006, 9:33 AM
He says nay to spellcatsers, and wants L33T POWAAAA!
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
thanks for the offer Alkonium, but this isnt an episode of Queer Eye, I want to CRUSH SKULLS with steel damnit !! [/toughguy]

Still, send me the knight if you like. I can have a gander at him and compare to what others may send. Though SRs lvl 18 Orc sound tough as guts :) You'll need to refresh me on what file it needs to go in :(

SR has guessed the email correctly :)

mtfbwya
 Darth333
11-06-2006, 10:24 AM
The save games are locate by default in MyDocuments/My Games :(

You can always use the cheat console to level your new char up.

If you want a natural level up result, I suggest usigng the "modpcs <skill> <nn>" (example: modpcs marksman 10 ) instead of the modpca (mod attribute) and the setlevel <nn> which will mess up your stats.

I also suggest that you do it in steps to get the max beonus (5) to your attributes when you level up. To get the max bonus, you have to level a major skill 10 times or a minor skill 15 times.

Instead of using the console, you could also make a quest script in the cs to level up all your skills at once. I could make you a sample script tonight if you wish.
 Vaelastraz
11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Your savegames could still exist, even if you reformatted that drive. It depends on how you did that...

Just get a tool capable of returning deleted files... like the Tuneup utilities 2006.

But if you really formatted your drive, overwriting it with "0"s there is no hope.
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
thanks D33 :) but as the games were in the my docs folder, this means they are gone. I'd have to go through the whole biz of making a character. Im now hoping to benefit from someone elses hard earned skillz..it my only option :)

mtfbwya
 Darth333
11-06-2006, 10:43 AM
You could also check tessource.net: they have loads of save games with good looking chars (and bad looking ones too). There's even a Mr. Bean savegame I think :p Then you can give your char the skills you want with the cheat console.
 Diego Varen
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
You could also check tessource.net: they have loads of save games with good looking chars (and bad looking ones too). There's even a Mr. Bean savegame I think :p Then you can give your char the skills you want with the cheat console.

A Mr. Bean savegame? :lol: I like Mr. Bean, but I won't get Oblivion just to see that. Hope your problem is solved Astro.
 Darth333
11-06-2006, 11:11 AM
A Mr. Bean savegame? :lol: I like Mr. Bean, but I won't get Oblivion just to see that. Hope your problem is solved Astro.
Yup! Found it: http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=4457) Too bad the gallery isn't working. I remember it was very close to the "real life" model :D
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 11:57 AM
OK, whilst everyone has been playing around with Mr Bean Ive tracked a lvl 26 knight who is kicka$$sery. After playing for 20 mins, I remembered why my enjoyment of Oblivion lapsed, and was not suprised that my savegames went missing.
Ive since gone sprinting back to the goodness that is NWN:Hordes of the Underdark.
If anyone came near my NWN savegames, they'd have to engage me in a fight to the death :p

Oblivion, the 90210 of RPGs...pfft. :blast5: sure the hair is nice, but the storytelling - meh

*immerses in the Forgotten Realms, awaits NWN2 to make it to Oz*

Thanks for the help and hints though folks :D

mtfbwya
 TSR
11-06-2006, 12:01 PM
All that...for nothing?...
*sigh*
*goes and plays oblivion*

@Astro- You set me up! i'm gonna cap yo!
damm you, silly DPA 1998 and your laws...
 Astrotoy7
11-06-2006, 11:42 PM
well after my initial discontent, Im giving knight guy another go with a controller instead...might be more fun that way....going to see if I can set it up properly first :(

thanks for the help again :)

mtfbwya
 TSR
11-07-2006, 7:32 AM
How do you get the controllers to work adapt to a pc? I've heard rumors of xbox controller-pc merging, but being away from both said items right now it's hard for me too see what connections i need. Enlighten me, oh great astro?
 Astrotoy7
11-07-2006, 8:09 AM
lolz...there are many wonderful pc controllers out there. As I am so used the PS2 type my pc controller is exactly the same as one, except its for pc and plugs in via usb. xp has a calibration utility, as do many games. Of course, the game you want to play needs to support joystick/controllers so you need to check that first. I got my controller working in Oblivion...Im back at meh stage now though :( NWN2 c'mon damnit !!!

mtfbwya
 TSR
11-07-2006, 8:11 AM
Bu could i actually connect my xbox controller straight to my PC? From memory, i remember the secondary adaptor (just before the xbox console connector) looking similar to the input of r keyboard/mouse. Do i just stick the controller in instead of the keyboard/mouse and hope it works?
 HerbieZ
02-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Be careful when moving the files of save games around. I did that and found that Autosave no longer worked. So if you are dependant on Autosave, beware.
Page: 1 of 1