Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WMP 11 Final Released

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
11-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Earlier this week, Windows Media Player's final incarnation was release

For those interested download HERE. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx)

I use WMP quite a bit as I have an iriver portable media center. Between Windows Media Center and WMP 11, I am always sync'ing TV, videos, music etc with it so WMP is a must. From that point of view, WMP is definitely an improvement. As for the rest of the stuff, its really up to the user and their needs IMO.

cheers
Astro
 Negative Sun
11-06-2006, 5:15 PM
WTF?
I just got the Beta 2 like last week lol, and I'm on a download limit!!!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-07-2006, 5:12 PM
Bah.

Media Player Classic > *
 TSR
11-07-2006, 5:14 PM
WTF?
I just got the Beta 2 like last week lol, and I'm on a download limit!!!

I'm not sure if i'm on a download limit. If i am, my dad's gonna go spare when he sees all the pointless programs i've been downloading :|
 CalcProgrammer1
11-08-2006, 7:19 PM
Wow I must d/l this...love the beta 1 (ya i know, old isn't it). Despite other people who don't like WMP, I believe it is the best media player out there for Windows (seconded only by VLC, which is the best for Linux). As to download limits...my hard drive's uhh... not gonna have any space left on it but that's the good thing about having your own PC's (yes, 4 PC's...wish 2 of them didn't have 2 or 5 gig HD's)
 stingerhs
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
winamp ftw. :xp:
 CalcProgrammer1
11-15-2006, 7:51 PM
Ha i was right...~300MB left on an 80GB drive!
 Sabretooth
11-16-2006, 3:09 AM
I've been using this since Beta 2, and honestly I don't have much use for it. Its got snazzy looks and a neat Library, and I don't even need all the other features Microsoft is boasting about. What I hate is, that the menu's been removed and it looks real odd when brought back. This whole thing is quite confusing, actually, with all the things switched here and there.

Like stinger, I stand by the statement, Winamp FTW.
 Astrotoy7
11-16-2006, 6:06 AM
not that Im WMP fanboy, though I do use it alot because of my PMC Player, but Ive never seen the allure of winamp. snazzy skins...meh. I really dont listen to much music on the compy, thats probably why I dont get the fanboyish emotions behind which player is >1337.

Astro's ambivalence FTW ;)

mtfbwya
 Sabretooth
11-16-2006, 9:35 AM
not that Im WMP fanboy, though I do use it alot because of my PMC Player, but Ive never seen the allure of winamp. snazzy skins...meh. I really dont listen to much music on the compy, thats probably why I dont get the fanboyish emotions behind which player is >1337.

Well actually, Winamp is a light and small player, unlike WMP, which tends to hog my system. I haven't installed a single skin for Winamp, but I still think that the fact that is a light and unadulterated player owns WMP. :xp:
 CalcProgrammer1
11-16-2006, 6:00 PM
Eh, for me there are only two good media players. There is Windows Media Player, which is awesome cool and has all the features on Earth, and there is VideoLAN VLC Media Player, which is light, has codecs for all the weird formats on Earth, and runs fine on Windows as well as Linux.

I HATE:
Real Media Player
QuickTime
iTunes
WinAmp
XMMS
and More...
Page: 1 of 1