Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Upgradeable Saber - TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 GrimShadow
11-04-2006, 8:51 PM
I've read a few threads on making an upgradeable saber, and didn't have any difficulties doing what was said.

I copied an existing model (w_lghtsbr_157.mdl from usm - for personal use only) and did the following:

1. Copied w_lghtsbr_157.mdl/w_lghtsbr_157.mdx and renamed them to w_lghtsbr_241.mdl/w_lghtsbr_241.mdx.

2. Edited all 4 text references of w_lghtsbr_157 in the mdl to w_lghtsbr_241

3. Edited all 4 text references of w_lsabrered01 to w_lsabrered02.

4. Created w_lsabrered02.txi with the instructions listed in the w_lsabrered01.tga (blending additive and decal 1), and created a duplicated of w_lsabrered01.tga and named it w_lsabrered02.tga.

5. Created a duplicate of usm_lghtsbr_157.uti and renamed it to gs_lghtsbr01.uti (gs_lghtsbr01 as the Template ResRef and Tag, both spelled correctly) and changed the Model Variation to 241.

6. Created a new crystal named gs_sbrcrstl01.uti (gs_sbrcrstl01 as the Template ResRef and Tag, both spelled correctly).

7. Added an entry to the upcrystal.2da file with the following info:
(Row Label): 265 (which is just the next entry)
label: GS_Saber_01
template: gs_sbrcrstl01
shortmdlvar: ****
longmdlvar: gs_lghtsbr01
doublemdlvar: ****

8. Created the appropriate icons (iw_sbrcrstl_241.tga and iw_lghtsbr_241.tga)

9. Saved the xml properties from a default saber and loaded them into the saber's uti file.

Everything works, the color tga file can be changed and the saber reflects the new color, the model works, and the icons work. The problem I have is that the saber doesn't appear on the upgrade list. I can put the crystal into a default saber and the model/name changes to reflect what my saber's uti file says, and I can insert cystals as well as saber parts, but if I press assemble, the saber doesn't appear on the upgrade list (it's in my inventory and works perfectly, with all the properties from the crystals and upgrade parts). I'm not quite sure why this would happen, since it has the properties of a default saber and has a row in the upcrystals.2da without any spelling errors (though I believe this is only used to allow the crystal to change the saber it is put in to the uti file from the longmdlvar). Does anyone have any ideas?
 GrimShadow
11-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Alright, everything is working now. Apparently the upgrade level was set to 0 and I didn't notice since Kotor Tool's item editor had said 0 on the working light sabers as well. I noticed the difference only when I opened the uti files in KGFF.

I must say...I really wish I'd have seen that earlier... :compcry:
Page: 1 of 1