Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hak pad to work on Hanharr patch request.

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-30-2006, 1:39 PM
As you may know, one of the many features of ChAiNz.2da's Hak Pad is that you can adjust the influence points of the NPCs in your immediate party. However, it does not work on Hanharr for some odd reason. His name is not available. I am playing the light side this time and it is hard to gain influence points with Hanharr when you you reply with nothing but light side replies. I have both the Hak Pad and its patch installed.

I sent a PM to ChAiNz.2da about this, but he has never gotten back to me. So if anyone talks to him on a daily basis, could you please bring this to his attention and ask him to work on it?

Thanks.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-30-2006, 2:01 PM
Oops.. sorry about the PM ZN... holiday season has me twisting in every direction :nut:

As for the influence though.. are you sure it isn't another mod, or are you using the Hak Pad in conjunction with RedHawke's Mistake Correction Armband (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=145292)?)

The Hak Pad standalone doesn't mess with the influence values (or has options to adjust them) :confused: Unless it's something I added without knowing.. hehehe :xp: It (in theory) should only allow that function when using RH's mod...

If that's the case, it would be a RedHawke decision wether or not he wants to add the Hanharr feature :)

However, I just want to say that I'm not saying RH's doesn't already do this.. it's just the only thing I can think of that relates to the influence function and affects the HakPad too...

I tend to play LS, so I've never really encountered the Hanharr problem in my games using our mods. A DS player might be able to confirm or give better insight to the problem :)
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-30-2006, 2:41 PM
Oh yeah, you're right. It's the correction armband. Sorry about that. I'll give RedHawke a haller, then.
 RedHawke
10-31-2006, 1:13 AM
Well since you posted this here I'll answer here...

The Hanharr detection script is the same one the game uses simply renamed, so it should work fine. If the dialog choice doesn't appear you might be missing the conditional script for Hanharr. It is named rh_hanharrpm.ncs. Be sure that file is present in your override. ;)

And I'm moving this to Holowan Labs proper...
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-31-2006, 8:23 AM
Um, that file is in my override but it still isn't working.
 RedHawke
11-01-2006, 8:27 AM
Well since it is a re-named game file I really don't know what to tell you... guess Hanharr is SOL! :D

I wonder if they used some other script to detect Hanharr if the base one doesn't work? Hmm...

I'll look into it further when I get some time.
Page: 1 of 1