Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitments mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Trylan
10-28-2006, 4:11 PM
Hi, i recently followed the "Recruit a NPC in less than 10 steps" tutorial but for some reason it doesnt work. i followed the tutorial exaclty as it said, but when i go into the game the npc doesnt spawn. so i cant recruit it. everyone else can make them but i cant.

also the problem is it said to have the recruit dustil mod in hand but pcgamemods is down and its not on darth 33's site so that doesnt help aswell.

can anyone help.
___DT___
 Frizz
10-28-2006, 4:52 PM
Did you attach the spawn script to a dialogue from the module you want to recruit it from?
 Darth Trylan
10-28-2006, 5:02 PM
im not sure i get you...it doesnt say that in the tutorial
 Darth333
10-28-2006, 5:17 PM
Well you have to fire your spawn script from somewhere (it can be a dilogue, the module on enter event, etc.) and yes, it's at the very bottom of the tutorial.

I'll update the tut later next week and add screenshots to make it easier to understand.
 Darth Trylan
10-28-2006, 5:23 PM
thanks darth333.
btw could you give me a link to the recruit dustil mod that you said in your tutorial.
 boba fink
11-19-2006, 1:47 AM
thanks darth333.
btw could you give me a link to the recruit dustil mod that you said in your tutorial.

I am interested in this too and can't seem to find this anywhere for KOTOR1 no matter where I look. Darth333 did you even release this or did you only put it on pcgamemods.com and I can't find it cause the sites down? It isn't even on your own site either.

I've also tried following the tutorial for this and everything is fine and very helpful until I have to create the script by throwing the files into a folder and either doing a command prompt or make/download the .bat file. It seems no matter what I do it won't create the .ncs file. Could it be because i'm using XP and there is no MS-DOS?
 Darth Trylan
11-19-2006, 1:07 PM
i created a recruit a storm trooper recruit mod but it doesnt work. i created a new entry to tien tubbs dialog. "cody come down here" and i attachd the script to it and he was supposed to spawn right outside the shop. but now luck can anyone help?
 InyriForge
11-20-2006, 10:59 AM
It seems no matter what I do it won't create the .ncs file. Could it be because i'm using XP and there is no MS-DOS?Well that's not the case for sure. XP is perfectly capable of using command prompts and batch files. I assume you are using HazardX's script compiler? Basically all you need to do is put that in your SWKotOR directory, put your NSS source scripts in your override folder, then run the batch file. Perhaps you didn't have one of those in the right place?

Also if you're having trouble spawning your NPC, make sure your scripts are correct. If you post them up here one of the wonderful script experts might be able to point out some errors (or alternatively tell you they're correct, if that's the case).
 kavar000
11-22-2006, 6:26 PM
Well you have to fire your spawn script from somewhere (it can be a dilogue, the module on enter event, etc.) and yes, it's at the very bottom of the tutorial.

I'll update the tut later next week and add screenshots to make it easier to understand.

darth333 i need help with recrutiable moddeling email me
Page: 1 of 1