Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Item - Cheat Command

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Chimp
10-27-2006, 9:30 AM
I'm kind of new to this forum, so if this is in the wrong place, I apologise. I've posted this in another forum, but I thought I'd ask here too.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to make a new armband for KotOR, and eventually KotOR II, that would show the area map when activated, much like the 'Download area schematic' command on certain computers.

I've found that the cheat to get the map is 'revealmap' (I haven't used it though as I don't like to cheat too much, does it work?), and I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to make the armband activate this command. However, I would like to know if there is a command that does the same thing without cheats.

Thanks!
 tk102
10-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Try attaching this script to the armband:
void main() {
RevealMap();
}

Hmm if that doesn't work:
void main() {
RevealMap(GetPosition(GetFirstPC()));
}
 The_Chimp
10-28-2006, 6:54 AM
I'll try it, but now I have to ask - how do I attach a script to an item? I'm fairly new to modding and the best I can do is change existing items, this sort of thing is beyond me at the moment.
 Darth333
10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
The only way to fire a script from an armband is by using the spells.2da table.

If you want to take a shortcut, download my whereamI armband from here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
Scrap all the files save the spells.2da file and the .uti I also encourage you to a look at the modifications, especially at the spells.2da file and the .uti to see how it's done

Compile the script given to you by tk102 as described here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143681) (check the second post for the easy method) and rename it d3_getlocation.ncs :) If it's something you intend to release, then please modify the name of the .uti and the script - it will require you to change the name of the script in the spells.2da file.

Edit: Note to self: ugh! I really have to release a new version of the armband that uses the TSL patcher!
 The_Chimp
10-28-2006, 8:30 PM
Thanks for the help Darth333! I've got the TSL version working perfectly thanks to your whereami armband - I modified it without too many problems. Now I have to work on the K1 version.

EDIT: I've finished both versions - the K1 version caused a few headaches, but it works perfectly now!

I'd like to upload it for anyone interested in beta-testing - I'm thinking of submitting it to KotORFiles. Can anyone give me any tips on what to do with the test version?
Page: 1 of 1