Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Fic] Shadow From The Past

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthSion101
10-22-2006, 2:20 PM
CHAPTER 1, Yellow eyes.

They thought he was dead, Jedi Slime. As always their arrogance was legendary. He was no fool, he bided his time, his hatred had never died, he simply hid in the darkness awaiting for the moment to reveal himself once more.

For more than four decades he had stayed away from the galaxy proper, after all, the Jedi, the Sith, and the galaxy for that matter had believed him dead, and with his death a war had ended,and a new era engulfed the galaxy.
He watched from the shadows of the universe as the Empire rose, and crumbled, and then slowly rebuilt, he witnessed the same as the Jedi were destroyed and reborn, and a republic turned into an enormous galactic alliance, in the face of a war that laid waste to everything, and yet again the galaxy was staring down at a civil war brewing on the ever so rebellious world of Correllia.

During his self imposed exile, he had trained harder and more brutally than one could imagine, and he used money secured over from his personal accounts to upgrade himself with even faster and deadlier hardware, he would spare no expense, his body was upgraded with a cortosis coating, so that when he encountered his prey, their would be no chance of survival for them. The time to hunt had come again, he could strike at the Jedi from the shadows, while their attention was solely focused on the Correllian Uprising, the growing tensions in the galaxy, and threat of Sith.

His thoughts shifted from the past, to the present, as his prey emerged from a nearby cantina, an older man tall and griseled looking with greying black hair, and a young man with dark serious features. The younger man would speak first as the two Jedi walked down the darkened alley.

"Master I still do not understand what lesson was to be learned in that cantina filled with a bunch of drunks and degenerates."

"A simple lesson, my young friend." The master spoke in a kind tone. "The lesson of relaxation, and well how to have fun. A jedi's life is filled with tough decisions often guided by the force, and at the end of the day if one cannot relax and look at the galaxy from a larger point of view, than the effort is wasted." He then smiled to his padawan.

"I see master, I think I understand. Forgive my....rashness." The padawan conceded.

"It's quite alright my friend, to learn, one must ask questions and seek knowledge."

He had heard enough, this pseudo-pacifistic babble annoyed him, he lept down from his perch like a bird of prey, a vicious growl echoing from his voice, and shattered the conversation of the two Jedi.

He pulled his sabers from his cloak as he descended upon his victims, and activated them, the green and blue blades shot to life with a sharp hum.
With one swift stroke he had decapitated the master Jedi, whose head bounced on the ground and rolled to the feet of his padawan, a look of total shock on the severed head as it stared up at its former student.

The young apprentice shrieked in total terror and shock at his master's death, he eyes then raised up to the darkness in front of him, at a towering form, with cold yellow eyes, eyes like a serpent staring coldly out of the darkness piercing the very fiber of his soul.

"What are you?!?!?!" Shouted the terrified padawan.

He would simply cackle a horrible laugh, a vile taunting chuckle, would be the last sound the padawan would ever hear.

In a fit of fear and rage the young Jedi charged forward his green bladed weapon extending as he lunged toward the yellow eyes in the darkness. But in a whir of humming and flashing green an blue light, the padawan would fall to the ground in two places, as the sinister figure had sliced the boy directly up the middle, from head to groin.

He chuckled evily to himself, as he bent down and picked up his victims' Saber's, he had his trophy, and the knowledge that the hunt had begun again, and this time, there would be no stopping him, and as quickly as he had flayed his bewildered and terrified victims, he would vanish back into the cover of the night.........
 Diego Varen
10-22-2006, 2:23 PM
DarthSion101 is back :lol:! Good Fic as always and I hope this is continued. I'm sad that Shadows and Twilight wasn't.
 DarthSion101
10-22-2006, 2:28 PM
DarthSion101 is back :lol:! Good Fic as always and I hope this is continued. I'm sad that Shadows of Twilight wasn't.

Oh I plan on finishing shadows and twilight, haven't had much time to contirbute lately, and this one will be completed, and has a nice twist, hopefully I wasn't to obvious in giving away the identity of the yellow eyed creature as of yet.
 steven
10-22-2006, 2:30 PM
DarthSion101 is back :lol:! Good Fic as always and I hope this is continued. I'm sad that Shadows of Twilight wasn't.

Agreed... expect with the Twilight thing, never read it i'm afraid.
 DarthSion101
10-24-2006, 3:10 PM
CHAPTER 2: Surprise, Fear, and Intimidation

Fear was always a potent ally, he knew this, he had learned his lessons well, and they would further compliment his already superior attributes and combat abilities. The Jedi were as complacent and arrogant as they had ever been, over the previous 90 days, he had personally slaughtered and collected trophies from fourteen Jedi knights of this so called New Jedi Order. He would chuckle maniacally to himself.

The Jedi with all their so called training, and force sensitivity, could still not see what had been hunting their simpering knights, and like bantha before a Krayt Dragon, they had been devoured by his rage, and bloodlust. He was no fool, he could sense their growing.....concern, after all even during a time of great fear and conflict, it was inconcievable, especially for Jedi arrogance, to think that so many members of their ilk could go missing, only to turn up flayed alive, by the weapons that they themselves wielded, which as far as he was concerned, they wielded with terrible inconsistency, and lack of ability.

At the rate he had been killing Jedi in his renewed hunt, it would seem as though he would not need to strike from the shadows, but rather engage groups of them in open combat and still achieve total victory, after all he had done it before, many years before, against better trained Jedi.

"Enough thought." He growled under his breath, as he focused his demonic glowing yellow eyes in the darkness, and fixed them squarely upon his Jedi prey.

This young Jedi was a female Twi'lek, she had soft light blue skin, and lekku which hung elegantly about her shoulders. She reminded him of a Jedi of the old order, one that he had defeated and nearly killed on several occasions, but the past mattered little, this Twi'lek was in the here and now, and so was he.

She proceeded calmly, and rather arrogantly he thought with disgust, through the formerly war torn streets of Taris. She would stop at the corner of a darkened alley on the north side of the upper city, to give credits and aid to a poverty stricken family of lowly humans, obviously shunned and disgraced by their own kind, which to him seemed completely apparent by their current situation, begging for aid, and showing their weakness. Just as he remebered, like all Jedi, this Twi'lek could not resist the chance in aiding those to weak to aid themselves.

He stared down through serpentine eyes from the darkness of his perch several hundred feet away, as the Jedi aided the impoverished humans. The humans bowed and gestured graciously to their rescuer, before retreating from the darkened street, leaving the Jedi alone, and completely.....HIS.

The Jedi girl turned after waving her goodbyes, and walked with an air of self gratification, obviously proud of her good deed. He chuckled evily to himself, she was but 20 meters from his current stalking spot, and he had his plan for luring her from the street, into his grip.

He lept down into the darkness of the small secluded side street, and curled his towering cybernetic body under the cover of his cloak, completely out of her sight, and the sight of any nosy window goers. He began to make a scraping sound as he rubbed his clawed metal feet against the side of the building he curled up against and moaned quietly, he was impressed by his performance, and kept it going, growing louder as the jedi approached.

She stopped suddenly in her tracks, and fixed her attention on the blackened alleyway, he could see her looking in his direction.

"Is someone there?" She called.

"Unghghghgh" He moaned under his breath.

"Are you hurt? Do you need help?" She again spouted.

Jedi slime he thought, can't resist the chance to be the good samaritan......PATHETIC.

"Errrggggh" He again grunted out.

"I'm a Jedi, its alright,everything will be okay, I'm here to help you." She shouted softly, before starting towards his concealed form.

Fool, he thought, this will be all to easy.

The Twi'lek walked quickly towards where he lay in wait. As she got closer however, a cold chill ran up her spine, and goosebumps began to form on her warm blue flesh. She would again call out into the darkness, he could not only smell the sweet stink of her fear, but he could hear it in her voice. She had heard the tales and rumors of jedi dissappearing, only to be found murdered, and brutally mutilated, she had never thought about it, not until now, with this terrible feeling crawling throughout her soul and mind.

"H-h-hello, are you in there, are you alright?"

He made no sound he lay completely still, his cybernetic arms and talon like hands wrapped around his lightsabers, which he concealed along with himself.

She would again call out into the alley foolishly.

"I'm a J-JEdi Knight, I can help you, just tell me where you are." The fear ever present.

A Jedi, he thought, that cannot save you. She was very close maybe 10 feet away, he could cover that distance in one quick stroke. He rose to his feet slowly, casting his tall black shadow over the fightened Jedi, and he glared ominously at her through his piercing yellow eyes.

Her fear was justified, she felt her heart leap into her throat , as she stared up at his evil yellow eyed stare. She quickly drew and ignited her saber, but it was to late, in a moment he was upon her, his cloak flowing about as he sprung like a predatory beast.
She would scream a shrill, but short shriek, and raise her blue bladed weapon. But her screams were cut short, followed by a loud and stomach churning crack, and horrid crunching sounds. And a slow metallic roll, as her saber rolled out of the alley and just barely into the streetlights of the main plaza.

He stood over her now staring down contently at her corpse, her head twisted around 180 degrees. He quickly grew bored with his simple victory, and focused his attention on his trophy which had rolled into the visibility of the main street. He growled frustratedly, and moved slightly forward, stepping over her lifeless form. The lightsaber was in reach, he would not have to leave the darkness of the alley to retrieve it. The yellow eyed beast leaned forward and reached his arm into the light and grabbed the trophy quickly before withdrawing back into the shadows, and off world to savor his kill, and prepare for the next one.

little did the sinister being know, that a small girl in an apartment accross the way had been unable to sleep, and watched curiously at first as the Jedi proceeded to the alley, and then shriek suddenly, and then go silent. This small child had also seen his hand shoot forth from the darkness to retrieve his prize, and the sight of his horrible clawed metal hand, and jagged looking cybernetic arm, was a memory that burnt into her brain permanently, and sent her screaming from her room, to awaken her parents.
 DarthSion101
10-24-2006, 3:35 PM
rmember.....dont forget to leave feedback guys, its always appreciated. :D
 Diego Varen
10-24-2006, 4:26 PM
Another good Chapter DarthSion101. I'm looking foward to more. Any news on Shadows and Twilights? Also steven, I've noticed your first Custom Title. Sorry for the off-topicness.
 DarthSion101
10-24-2006, 8:54 PM
CHAPTER 3: Strange Sightings

It would be several days before the Jedi were able to dispatch knights to investigate the latest Jedi slaying, this one on Taris. Luckily for the Jedi a small girl witnessed something, the Jedi weren't sure exactly what, but they had to follow the lead, they had ignored the slayings long enough, 15 Jedi had been systematically hunted and destroyed, with no trace of the killer. This most recent slaying had been the most gruesome, as the victim had her neck and spine snapped, and her head twisted around 180 degrees so it was facing the back.

A mid sized former smuggling vessel know as The Ravens Claw exited hyperspace and landed on Taris. It was piloted by the famed Jedi Master Kyle Katarn, and his former padawan, now a full fledged knight Jaden Korr. The two jedi quickly disembarked from the ship to an apartment complex in the upper city, where the only possible witness to these heinous acts resided. The two Jedi chatted amongst themselves, on the elevator, which ascended them to their destination.

"So what do you think Kyle? Think this kid saw anything worth being sent halfway accross the galaxy for?" Jaden chimed.

"I hope so kid. With the insurrection on Corellia, the order is stretched thin trying to keep the peace. I just hope this kid saw something that will help us. We can't afford to keep losing our members, not with war brewing, not with the Sith still out there, not ever." Kyle responded.

"Its like we're being systematically hunted, and killed, but all accross the galaxy Kyle, from here, to Manaan, to Corellia, to Tatooine. And thats just a few of the places. Do you think its a series of copycats?" Jaden asked.

"How many copycats carry lightsabers, and have the ability to kill fully fledged Jedi Knights?" Kyle Sarcastically responded, before continuing. "No Jaden this is no copycat, or random series of events, someone or something is stalking us, waiting for their chance, then delivering the deathblow, and each time dissappearing into the night, leaving no evidence, not a trace, nothing." He could see by glancing over at his companion that Jaden was listening intently to Kyl'es words.

Kyle took a deep breath ran a hand through his greying brown hair and smiling warmly before continuing.
"Sorry I kinda barked that at ya J, but this whole thing has me on edge, so many of us, so quickly, it almost makes ya feel helpless."

"Its ok Kyle, I know how ya feel...." before he could finish Kyle cut him off as they came to the solid silver slab of a door to the luxury apartment.

"Cut the chatter for a moment JAden, until we can find out whats going on." Kyle spoke frankly.

He raised his finger and pushed a button below the outside viewscreen. A moment later a mans voice answered.

"Yes, may I help you?" The voice sounded uncertain.

"Yes, I'm Jedi master Kyle Katarn, and this is Jedi Knight Jaden Korr, we are here to ask a few questions about the murder the other night." kyle responded pleasantly.

"Ok......My daughter and I are here in the living room, I'm going to buzz you in."

"Thank you sir." Kyle said.

With a crisp sliding sound, the door flew open, and the two Jedi stepped into the well decorated apartment. The man obviously held a good position in life, for his apartment was spacious, and luxurious, with puffy blue carpeting, expensive artwork, furniture, even a fountain in the main room. He stood up as they entered, and shook hands with each of them.

"Welcome to my home Jedi, My name is Dergon Crux, and this is my daughter Zophea." motioning to the little girl.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm sorry to seem rushed or impulsive Mr. Crux, but the galaxy is in a dire state, and we need to find out whatever your daughter knows, that can be of aid to us." Kyle stated.

The girl was shy, and clearly shaken by the memory, and would not meet the Jedi's stares or questions with answers.

"Zophea tell the Jedi what you told me and mommy." Dergon scolded at his daughter.

"Sir we don't have time, I'm going to probe your daughters mind, it won't harm her." Kyle calmly declared.

"Ok go ahead. Just be careful in there." Joked the father.

"Kyle is very careful when it comes to mind control." Jaden Joked. But he could see concern on the man's face. "It's alright sir hes not going to use mind control, hes just going to see her memory, I was only trying to lighten the mood."

Kyle sat down on the couch next to the girl, and placed his hands on her head, and took a deep breath. He instantly felt himself temporarily leave his body, and be transported to her bedroom window that evening.

He stared down at the main plaza below, the moon was high in the sky, and the streetlights kept the pretty square luminescent. He watched as the young Twi'lek entered the plaza. He knew her, she was a former student of Master Rautheron. He watched as she turned and headed toward the darkened alley accross the way. He heard her call out into the alley to whatever was garnering her attention. He then watched her dissappear into the alley, scream a blood curdling shriek, before total silence. A small object then rolled about a foot out of the alley, it was her lightsaber. He watched intently, and then he saw it. A cybernetic arm reach out of the shadows, and grab the weapon. The arm was a terrifying one at that, with a sharp jagged forearm, and a clawed grip. Another deep breath and the memory faded, and he came back into his own body.

He shot up off the couch with sweat upon his brow.

"Are you alright, what did you find?" Questioned the man and Jaden.

"Thank you sir, but Jaden we have to go....NOW." He exclaimed

The two Jedi exited the apartment, and did not speak until they were both safely aboard The Raven's claw.

"Kyle, what the hell is going on?" Jaden demanded, his hazel eyes filled with curiosity.

"I was there, I saw her memory, she was lured into the alley, and he/it whatever killed her. Her saber rolled into the street just enough that his arm came into the light. It was a droid arm of sorts, the likes of which I've never seen, it was jagged and clawed, and looked to be black or silver with a white trim. I think it's some sort of droid hunting us but I'm not sure, or someone with at least one droid arm." Kyle spoke bluntly, with concern in his voice.

"We better get back to Master Skywalker on Coruscant and tell about what we've found." Jaden pointed out.

The Ravens Claw Shot into Hyperspace, along with the Jedi and their meager knowledge.

But accross the galaxy, on Onderon, the yellow eyed menace had struck again.
He leaned over his latest victims, a master and apprentice, both beheaded, stared up at him through lifeless eyes, and he knelt down to pick up his two latest trophies, his dark grey cloak flowing gently around him. His eyes ever present would continue to cast a dreadful gaze through the night sky.

He rose and began away slowly, his mechanical clawed footsteps echoed heavily as he made his way out of Iziz and to his Starship hidden outside the city. Even the beats in the wilds of Onderon would go as Silent as the night when this dreadful amalgamation with horrible piercing eyes stalked through the jungle to his craft. Soon he would take the fight to the Jedi in the open. His name would be known, and feared again, as he engaged them in the streets of every place they walked, nowhere would keep them safe. Foolish Jedi, they could not imagine or comprehend what truly was stalking them, but he intended for them to find out. But not quite yet, for he was still having far to much fun.
 Diego Varen
10-25-2006, 4:45 AM
Yay two familiar Characters! Kyle and Jaden! Anyway another good Chapter and I'm looking foward to more. One other question, are you going to put your Darth Sion Fic in the Jedi Archives?
 DarthSion101
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Yay two familiar Characters! Kyle and Jaden! Anyway another good Chapter and I'm looking foward to more. One other question, are you going to put your Darth Sion Fic in the Jedi Archives?

Yes....eventually. I'll also finish the sequel to it, but I need the creative juices for that story arc to flow again.
 DarthSion101
02-22-2007, 3:56 PM
Chapter 4 Shadows on the horizon

(Back On Coruscant)

Luke Skywalker stood alone by the large plate glass windows in the temple's main council chambers. The sun was setting, and the lights of the city were lighting up the sky where day became night. The skylanes were particularly jammed tonight, but that was to be expected with the rerouting of traffic since the incidents occuring throughout the capital, and the Correllian districts which had been completely closed down, for fear of dissidents.

Luke sighed, as troubling thoughts kept entering his mind. He was terrified for his son, he only hoped that the damage done By his ever darker nephew Jacen hadn't caused to much damage. To make matters worse, his suspicions of Sith involvement in the growing conflict with Correllia were confirmed when he faced Lumiya, long believed dead.

Could she be the force behind Jacen's erratic behavior, and growing darkness? He really hated thinking like this, but he could not stop himself, something was terribly wrong.....with everything. Was Lumiya the one stalking and murdering Jedi Knights all accross the galaxy? or worse, was it Jacen. Luke quickly snapped out of his stream of thought, when the dual chamber doors slid open behind him. He quickly and calmly turned to see two very friendly faces standing before him.

"Kyle its good see you." Luke stated, a smile forming on his face, which was becoming a rarer sight in a time of such unease.

"Likewise Boss." Joked Katarn

"Master Skywalker." Jaden nodded respectfully.

Luke stared intently at Kyle and Jaden his eyes making contact with theirs and shifting between the two, awaiting their report.

"Well I finished with the little girl on Taris, she was scared pretty bad." Kyle began.

"Go On." Luke stated

" The kid was traumatized by what she saw, I couldn't get much from her by speaking with her, so I traced her memories."

Luke could tell by Kyle's tone that whatever he was about to tell them was going to complicte things even more so than they already were.

"Please Kyle go on."

" Zanni, was lured to the alley, She screamed only once, after her.....death, her saber rolled into the light from the main streetl." Kyle again paused, looking back at Luke, allowing him time to carefully process the image.

"What the kid saw Luke terrified her, and frankly its got me a little unnerved."

"What did she, you, see?"

" The saber sat for a moment, the light from the street reflecting off of its hilt, thats when I saw it, a vile looking cybernetic clawed hand reach out of the shadows, and scoop up the weapon, and drag it back into the shadow of the alley."

A slight feeling of relief passed over Luke, as he thought, well at least Jacen wasn't behind it, nor would it seem was Lumiya. But the feeling of ease quickly turned to dread. If it wasn't Lumiya or the Sith, what the hell was it?

Kyle could see the distraction on Lukes face, and he could feel it in the force surrounding the Grand Master of the new Jedi Order.

"Luke? are you alright."

Skywalker quickly snapped back into focus. "Yes I'm fine Kyle, I just need some time to think, to search the force for whatever this menace is. In the meantime, You and Jaden head to Onderon, Ulon and his padawan Miko haven't been heard from in several days, see if you can find out anything."

"Will do."

Kyle turned along with Jaden and headed for the doors.

"Kyle?!" Luke chimed as his friend began to depart.

"What is it Luke?

"Be careful, and look out for eachother. Should you happen to run into whatever it is thats doing this, stay back and be cautious, its already gotten the better of some of our most promising knights."

"I will."

"May the force be with you Kyle, and you Jaden."

"And you." the two Jedi responded before exiting, the doors sliding shut behind them with a swoosh.

Luke again turned to stare out the plate glass window, the dusk sky had now turned to night, the lights of the city shined ever luminously. He again began to drift into deep thought, about Ben, Jacen, Lumiya, and the new....threat, whatever it was.
 Diego Varen
02-22-2007, 4:03 PM
Great comeback Chapter Sion. I liked the description and dialogue between Luke, Kyle and Jaden. You've captured their personalities well, keep it up and I'm looking foward to more.
 DarthSion101
03-02-2007, 10:49 PM
CHAPTER 5

Nothing had changed, every war was the same, and at its heart was the Jedi, pseudo-pacifists who used the force to protect the weak. He snickered mechanically to himself. He had remained hidden, and striking secretly from the shadows, a jedi here, a jedi there, and Wars in this galaxy were constant, so they gave him the cover he needed for his blood-thirsty hunts.

This Second Correllian Crisis was no different from the previous two conflicts, and would seem to shape up to be just as bloody, and he liked that, the Yuuzhan Vong had the right idea, and they had nearly succeeded, he would have loved to have seen the last remnants of Skywalkers Jedi crushed beneath the heels of their Bio-engineered boots. No matter, their failure in the end allowed him to continue his hunt, much as he had throughout the decades since the end of the Clone Wars 59 years ago.

His constant pursuit of the Jedi, had led him to the Kiris system, a perfect opportunity knocked, a party of Jedi were on the planet, keeping vigil upon a former Correllian facility.

How delightful he mused, he could slaughter Jedi, and walk away with it looking as if the newly formed Correllian Confederation were to blame, or even better that perhaps the lightsaber wounds would even more deliciously point to the Sith pretender known as Lumiya.

He snarled silently to himself. He had always detested Lumiya, she was weak, she dared to call herself a Sith, bah! She had never even killed a Jedi, all of her attempts had ended in failure. Only Vader, whom he knew before the black armor, as a cocky arrogant whelp known as Anakin Skywalker, would choose such a creature as his underling. Vader was foolish enough to believe that the Emperor was ignorant to the fact that he was secretly passing on knowledge of the Sith ways to this....Lumiya.

But indeed Lord Sidious did know. The emperor knew a great many things, he also knew that Vader could be controlled, but the small part of him that was Anakin Skywalker was always something his master was wary of, Vader could not betray him, Anakin however could. Which was why Darth Sidious had not allowed his talents to fade into oblivion after the end of the Clone Wars.

His memories drifted back, nearly 59 years into the past, not long after Skywalker was reconstructed into Darth Vader, after suffereing his horrible wounds to Kenobi on Mustafar. It was ironic, that both he and Vader had been bested by Kenobi, Vader, because he was foolish, and himself, because he underestimated the Jedi, even after Kenobi was at his mercy, the crafty Jedi had more tricks up his sleeve than he had given him credit for.

He would always hold a great deal of respect for Kenobi after this.

Again his thoughts drifted. He rembered opening his eyes and gazing around a medical center, droids scurried about to and from various consoles, no doubt checking his vitals. He stuggled to move but could not, all he could do was shift his eyes back and forth, and maneuver his head, but his limbs were non responsive.

Droids continued to scurry about in and around him, fastening bolts, welding bits and pieces to his form, changing various platings, and rebuilding him as it seemed.

After what seemed to be hours upon hours of arduous reconstruction, the droids stepped back from the operating table, and began reciting and counting down out loud.

"Specimen sample, and organic compostion check, organs regrown and implanted, all functional. All life support systems check, host is responding, brain patterns reading functional, cybernetics all functional, and online in 5....4...3...2...1."

He heard a click, and in that instant had total motion and function. He lept off of the table and lunged at the medical droids, quickly tearing several apart with his clawed cybernetic digits. Again he heard the droid speaking behind him.

"Brain patterns match completely, rage centers totally active."
Followed by an eerily familiar tone.

"Good, Good, anger is a weapon which can be harnessed, welcome back General."

He spun to see Darth Sidious, now emperor of the galaxy standing before him, clapping and smiling evily.

He stalked forward, and soon towered in over the rather amused Sith Lord.

"Why.....why have you restored me in this form, this mechanical body? Why have you not made me whole again."

The Dark Lord coldly cackled at him.

"As Qymaen Jai Sheelal, you were of minimal importance, your role limited, abilities easily compensated."

He glared out from the eye sockets of his mask at Sidious, his Yellow reptilian eyes meeting the sickly yellow stare of his master.

"Good your anger will serve you well as it has in the past. I have granted you a second chance at living,a second chance to hunt the Jedi wherever they may hide. I have built for you this new body, whilst identical in appearance, it features enhanced motion, reflexes, strength, and speed, your organ sack is now completely enclosed, to prevent any unfortunate blaster accidents. And as a special upgrade it has been coated with phrik alloy making it impervious to lightsaber damage."

He looked down at his 6 fingered and clenched the metal alloy fist tightly.

The emperor stared smugly at him, clearly content with his recreation of his original brainchild.

"Like I said, As Qymaen Jai Sheelal, you were of minimal importance, but as General Grievous, you are a monster that will drive fear into the hearts of every living sentient being accross the galaxy."

Darth Sidious then turned and gestured for the General to follow him out of the medical chamber, and into a long corridor with a single pane of plate glass, overlooking what seemed to be some sort of arena, or training grounds. He could see bones littering the floor.

"This is a solid pane of unbreakable transparent plexi-steel.....shatter it!" Commanded Sidious.

The General was familiar with plexi-steel, it was often used to reinforce combat starships visual areas, and was destructible only by lightsabers, or a highly concentrated blast from a warships cannon.

He stared for a moment at Sidious, but decided to humor the kiniveing Sith.

He raised his mechanical arm, and with all of his force swung his closed fist, to his shock, and amazement, the panel shattered as if it were made of nothing more than cheap plastic.

Before he had a chance to react completely to his impressive new strength, he felt a force from behind lift him and drop him into the bone littered chanber below the window. He landed on his clawed feet, and glared up at Sidious, who called down confidently to him.

"Now a test in the most extreme of circumstances!"

Grievous looked around and saw three large sliding cage doors, which slowly began to rise.

The ground began to shake and tremble, as his bestial assailants began to show themselves. The beasts were 20 feet tall eache, and resembled Rancors, but uglier, and with metal teeth.

"These are my pets, Chrysalide. They are mutated Rancors enhanced with the dark side of the force." Sidious shouted down to him, bearing an evil toothy grin. "Attack my pets." He commanded.

With a ferocious roar, the three beasts charged the General. He widened his stance, and tensed his cybernetic body, as the first beast took a heavy swipe at him. He rolled to his right, only to leap into the air with a backflip to avoid the second two, which all crashed headfirst into one another. The creatures took a moment to dust themselves off and turn to face him with rather annoyed growls.

He was more than impressed so far with his agility, which made his old agility, which was more than a match for a jedi, seem like a kids game.

The first beast roared and charged at him, while the other two stalked in slowly behind the first, clearly expecting the General to be a meal for their lumbering companion. The beast chearged forward, saliva dripping from its metal fangs.

The great Chrysalide beast, roared mightily and opened its gaping maw, to devour the cyborg General, but instead got the shock of its rather short remaining life span. The beast bit down, but the Grievous locked its Jaws in place with his two arms, the beast desperatly tried to bite down, but could not, and he would use its own momentum and his elephantine strength to his advantage. He swung his legs up and onto the monsters brow, and with all of his strength began to pull at the vile beasts head from the top jaw.

The Chrysalide shrieked, and with a sickening crack, he tore the beasts head off at the top jaw. It dropped heavily with a thud to the ground, its purple blood spilling out accross the metal floor.

Sidious cackled.

With a terrible shriek the other two chraged forward, but so did he, and his speed was remarkable, he was as fast as the best of the Jedi, during their bursts of so called "Force Run". He quickly punctured the first beasts belly with a well placed punch from his razor sharp clawed fingeres, disembowling it in the process.

The final beast swiped as him but missed, and he used his speed to leap forward, and dive through the beasts belly, and come clean through its back, tearing out its spine. With a gurgling noise it fell lifelessly to the ground.

Sidious again laughed maniacally. "Good, very good General. Your new upgrades have made you nearly invincible."

With an angry metallic snarl Grievous lept from the arena floor, to the perch where Sidious stood, and hunkered ominously over the Dark Lord.

"Then tell me....SITH! What is to stop me from killing you where you stand!" He growled.

The Emperor just smiled coldly, and Grievous again felt himself lift into the air. "Do not think that you can contend with me, General. I am the Dark Lord of The Sith, and you are mine!"

After his power display, Sidious dropped Grievous back to the ground.

"I have brought you back to serve me, and only me, noone else will know of your existence within the empire, you will report only to me, answer only to me, your are my will, and my assassin, you will carry out the most dangerous, and secretive missions in service to me your emperor. The galaxy believes you dead, and so do the few Jedi that escaped my purge and fled to the far corners of space. You will hunt and kill them. You will kill rebellious senators, and various political dissidents, and you shall be my foil should Darth Vader ever become to ambitious for his own good."

"Yes my lord." Grievous responded.

"Lord Vader believs me to be ignorant to his impending treachery, he has trained a woman in the ways of the Sith, but she is no threat to me, this Lumiya, she will serve the purpose of the empire. But he has found another, a secret appentice which he has kept hidden from my sight. He sends this apprentice to hunt and kill Jedi, while he wells in his sorrow over the death of his wife."

Grievous nodded...."What are your orders MY Lord."

A keen smile twisted accross Sidious's ancient lips "Follow this apprentice of his, and when the time is right.....Kill Vader's little pet. A ship awaits in the hangar, go to Felucia, kill all the Jedi hiding there, then kill the apprentice."

"It will be done my lord."

Grievous Turned to depart,before Sidious stopped him one last time.

"Oh General, before you go." Began the emperor before crossing the room to a small crate in the corner which he bent down into, and removed the contents. He quickly returned to the general and handed him a dark grey cloak folded neatly.

He instantly recognized the cloak as the one he had worn throughout the Clone Wars. But it felt heavy, so he unfolded it, and within the inside pockets were four lightsabers. Two Silver and black curved hilts, identical to Count Dooku's, and two of a unique design, solid black, with silver and gold trim along the edges.

"I believe you may need those where you are going. Consider them gifts from me, in a renewed hunt, and a collection soon to be reborn." Sidious calmly professed.

Grievous swoung the cloak over his plated shoulders, and fastened the clip around his cybernetic neckpiece. Before quickly revealing all four of his arms each with one of his new toys in hand. He activated the weapons, each shot forth a crimson blade with a hum. He twirled them delicately, and masterfully.

"Go now, enforce my will, kill the Jedi, and Vader's little toy."

He quickly deactivated the weapons, re-attached his forearms, and slid the sabers silently into his cloak before quickly stalking out of the building and to his awaiting ship.
 DarthSion101
03-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry for the hold up on this story......I don't know how much interest has been generated, but Chapter 6 will be coming out soon.....I'm going to shoot for later this evening, when I have some time to sit down and type. :D
Page: 1 of 1