Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

starwarsknights.com down?

Page: 1 of 1
 Char Ell
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I can't seem to pull up http://www.starwarsknights.com) and get a "server cannot be found" error message. Of course I'm able to get on a bunch of other Internet sites including lucasforums.com without issue.

Anybody else having this problem with swk.com?
 stoffe
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I can't seem to pull up http://www.starwarsknights.com) and get a "server cannot be found" error message. Of course I'm able to get on a bunch of other Internet sites including lucasforums.com without issue.

Anybody else having this problem with swk.com?

They are having some problem with the main LFNetwork web server, meaning that more or less all LFNetwork hosted sites, starwarsknights.com included, currently are unavailable (LucasForums and LucasFiles seems to be the exceptions since they likely run on their own servers). As far as I understand it the staff are aware of the problem and working on fixing it. :)
 Darth333
10-17-2006, 3:26 PM
As stoffe said, there has been a major problem with the primary LFNetwork server and all the LFNetwork sites are presently down. Some of the staff is currently working on data recovery with the data center that hosts the servers, which means that the site will likely be down for a few more days.
 Darth333
10-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Short update:

As you can see, the starwarsknights.com site and its subdomains (that includes the kotor tool site) are back online since a few days. However, you will be experiencing errors when trying to download files such as the modding tools (the featured mods should work though as they are located on a different server), using the search function or posting comments. The staff (basically matt-- ) is in the process of fixing those errors and restoring the data for all the lfnetwork sites. The sites should become fully functional again shortly.
 Jae Onasi
10-23-2006, 1:15 PM
Thank you all for the hard work!
 Emperor Devon
10-23-2006, 9:57 PM
Agreed. Thanks very much. :)
 Darth333
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks to matt--, the starwarsknights.com site and its subdomains should now be fully functional :)
 Emperor Devon
10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Huzzah! :)

Do we get cookies for brown-nosing? :xp:
 ChAiNz.2da
10-24-2006, 9:12 AM
Do we get cookies for brown-nosing? :xp:
There isn't enough cookies (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/emotes/cookie.jpg) in the world... but I think I can spare this one.. :xp: :D

* sets cookie between Jae & Emperor Devon then steps back *
 Jae Onasi
10-24-2006, 9:41 AM
* sets cookie between Jae & Emperor Devon then steps back *
:rofl:
If they're Thin Mints, he's dead meat. :giggle1:

Emperor Devon, I haven't heard 'huzzah' since I was in Calontir. :D
 Emperor Devon
10-24-2006, 9:54 PM
If they're Thin Mints, he's dead meat. :giggle1:

Ah, the powers of youth over age. You're goin' down, old lady. :D

A testament to that is how the cookie wasn't even a Thin Mint. :xp:
 GrimShadow
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I was going to create a new thread, but I saw this topic, so I may as well post here. I just went to download the GFF File Comparison Tool and it seems that the site is down. Is this just me? If it isn't, is there any word on the status? I don't need the file anymore, I just figured I'd ask.

EDIT: It must have been maintenance or something; it's back up now.
 Darth333
11-05-2006, 8:50 AM
It's up now.
 Char Ell
05-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Is the LFN server for game fan sites having issues?

I get "server not found" responses when I try to access starwarsknights.com, jediknight.net, or swgalaxies.net but the forums are working fine (obviously, since I can make this post :))
 Darth333
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Are you having those issues at this time? I have no problem accessing the sites. Maybe a DNS issue?
 Char Ell
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Not anymore. I can get to all three of the LFN web sites I mentioned previously. Maybe it was my ISP but I wasn't having problems accessing any other web sites besides those three. In any case, all is well now and I'm back to happily browsing LFN websites. :)
 soroth
08-02-2007, 2:32 AM
the K-GFF editor link is broken, is there any info on a mirror or can anyone help by perhaps mailing me it?
 RedHawke
08-02-2007, 3:40 AM
the K-GFF editor link is broken, is there any info on a mirror or can anyone help by perhaps mailing me it?
Works for me... I just tried it.
 Reclaimer
08-02-2007, 3:52 AM
Works fine here.

Are you sure you have admin privilages? I know that if your on a guest or something of the sort, it doesn't allow downloads. Check that, and check to see if your firewall is blocking downloads too.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-02-2007, 9:14 AM
Also, just in case, SWK has anti-leech coding... make sure you're downloading it from SWK's download page :)
 tk102
08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
victorwspersian also encountered a similar situation with the Language Converter and resolved it by changing browsers.

See this post for more info. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2344446#post2344446)
 Char Ell
12-19-2008, 8:21 AM
I encounter a "failure to connect" error when trying to access http://www.starwarsknights.com/)

Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: I guess all the lfnetwork websites are down since I can't get to starwarsmmo.net or jediknight.net either.
 tk102
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
It's back up now. Guess my fix to the auto-restart didn't take. :o

Edit: testing whether the auto-restart kicks it back on....
Re-edit: :mad:
Page: 1 of 1