Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Well, Dell finally started using AMD CPUs!

Page: 1 of 1
 Q
10-17-2006, 8:35 AM
After being Intel-only since the Stone Age, Dell finally started offering AMD CPUs in some of their models. Since Dell sells so many PCs this is going to be a big boost to AMD at a time when they need it most. I wonder why Dell waited so long to do this and why now? Is there a problem between Dell and Intel, or did AMD offer them a sweet deal that they couldn't pass up? Anybody know?
 Astrotoy7
10-18-2006, 12:15 AM
After being Intel-only since the Stone Age, Dell finally started offering AMD CPUs in some of their models. Since Dell sells so many PCs this is going to be a big boost to AMD at a time when they need it most. I wonder why Dell waited so long to do this and why now? Is there a problem between Dell and Intel, or did AMD offer them a sweet deal that they couldn't pass up? Anybody know?

I'd say they diud offer them a sweet deal, especially since the cost of AMD CPUs has fallen dramatically since the conroe onsluaght.

The Conroes are a flash in the pan IMO. The quad core showdown is what is going to test the 'big 2' CPY makers. And with ATI under their wing, Im going to venture toi say AMD have a slight advantage... If nvidia succumbs to Intels pressures to join their evil empire ;) things will be different...

as Ive said elsewhere...interesting times ahead. Hopefully all this corporate banter will result in benefits for consumers !

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1