Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game shuts down...

Page: 1 of 1
 Dr_Mario
10-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi, guys!
I have a pretty...bad problem. I'm playing Sam and Max with Scumm VM cause without, i wouldn't have sound. My System is Win98SE. I can play regulary, everything's perfect. But when I am in this one restaurant, where I get the keys for the toilette(geniously gag...don't you have toilette paper :smash: ), and go out to say Sam we shall take the key with us, the ScummVM Command Box opens and says something with sounds...or so...I have made a screenshot:

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/8274/samnmaxtz7.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)

I can type in whatever I want( restart, quit, exit, continue), but ScummVM shuts down. I think the key is important, so I can't imagine I can ignore this item...I tried the two other restaurants, too, but same problem. I forgot to say I have the german text-only version( except from the intro until now, there was sound...). I too have shut the sound off in the ScummVM options, but no change. When I tried "just-hit-the-exe-file", where no sound is, it worked... But first, i want sound in the game and second, I don't want to redo everything. I also tried to use my ScummVM savegame in the not-sound version, but didn't work... I also have downloaded the updated exe, but didnt help. I also used this directory with the updated file in ScummVM, nothing. But I didn't deleted the old exe, so maybe this works...ah yes, when I want to open the updated file, I immediately get a error message. I couldn't delete the old exe, says it is write-protected. But it isn't , I think. And I too didn't use it at the moment.

Maybe you can help!
If I better put the question in a ScummVM Forum, I will do so.

Fare thee well,
Dr_Mario
 itchythesamurai
10-02-2006, 3:56 PM
The ScummVM forum would probably be a lot more helpful, and yes, the key/rasp is essential to completing the game.
 Dr_Mario
10-04-2006, 8:18 AM
Thanks for your quick answer, I have done so and I'm waiting for an answer...hope it will work...( Mod: Maybe this thread can be deleted)

F t w
Dr_Mario
 Samnmax221
10-04-2006, 7:36 PM
Naw, you're the only "real" person we've helped, ever.
 itchythesamurai
10-04-2006, 7:37 PM
Don't worry, before you know it, someone will say something ludicrously offensive here and it'll get locked in no time. Keeps things efficient.

(Glad I could help somewhat.)
 Jake
10-05-2006, 6:51 PM
Testicle.
 Samnmax221
10-05-2006, 8:14 PM
Testicle.
I now remember why you are my favorite Admin.
 itchythesamurai
10-06-2006, 6:27 PM
I think testicle is more disturbing when it's not in the plural form. It's meant to be paired, and one is helpless but to wonder what extenuating circumstances left this wayward testicle on his lonesome.
 Ray Jones
10-09-2006, 6:28 AM
It's most probably a Thunderdome(TM) thing, a none oral buttsex incident so to say. I mean.. you know? -- Two went in, one came out?
 Samnmax221
10-09-2006, 1:08 PM
Thats why you should stay away from fat chicks.
 itchythesamurai
10-09-2006, 2:22 PM
Yeah, fat chicks really shut down my game...

Hope that helps, Dr_Mario!
 Samnmax221
10-09-2006, 2:44 PM
Chicks with dependent personalities shut down my game.
 SyntheticGerbil
10-09-2006, 5:27 PM
M.C. Hammer shut down my game.
 itchythesamurai
10-09-2006, 7:48 PM
I'm sorry Gerbil, but he had to. He was too legit, too legit to quit.
 Samnmax221
10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh Boy! Lets all grope our Tickle me Elmos and watch the Ninja Turtles Music video (Featuring Vannilla Ice)!
 itchythesamurai
10-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Poor Mr. Creosote. I've just been waiting patiently for somebody to revive the C-ring! thread.

Oh man, we get to look forward to helping out a bunch of people with Culture Shock in a matter of weeks! How do I get Max out of the deep fryer before the damage is permanent?

Subscribe to GameTap.
Page: 1 of 1