Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Halo Game.

Page: 1 of 1
 Bomberman65
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey Guys. There's a new Halo game comming out called Halo Wars.
http://www.halowars.com/)
Its a RTS game, being devloped by Ensemble Studios the same people that brought you the Age of Empires series, set in the Halo world before the first Halo. It looks interesting and if they pull it off right it could be a good game.
 Davinq
09-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Sounds great. Frankly, I'm not surprised, but I don't mind RTS games, so I'll bite.
 TSR
09-29-2006, 4:09 AM
Yeah, theres a thread jumping around in Ahto about this as well ;) It should be good, hopefully better than AOE2 (if possible- i still play it!)
 Sabretooth
10-01-2006, 1:38 PM
First Reaction: Okay, that's cool.
Second Reaction: WTF? Its obvious its just a Microsoft scam to suck money off its succesful franchise!
Third Reaction: OMGWTF? Ensemble is making it! If it is as bloody sucky as AOEIII, I swear, I'll massacre Ensemble.
Final Reaction: An RTS. On XBOX360. Ensemble. This recipe is doomed to fail.
 TSR
10-01-2006, 3:41 PM
well, i think that clears that up... :p
 MachineCult
10-01-2006, 4:41 PM
I'm not a huge Halo fan but that trailer look awesome, i'll probably be buying it, depending on its format.
 Bomberman65
10-01-2006, 5:56 PM
Its for 360 only. Kinda stinks cause if it was for PC I'd get it.
 Davinq
10-01-2006, 6:57 PM
360 only? Damn. I'm a PC purist.
 Darth-Meatbag
10-16-2006, 3:07 PM
This timeline will be set during the time of one of the books, so at least we know the storyline will, should be correct. Thats something to hope for. And i've read all the Halo books, so just FYI its in the timeline of Halo: The Fall of Reach.

~Darth Meatbag
 TSR
10-17-2006, 5:25 AM
Yes, pre "halo 1" Although quite amusingly, Fall of the reach saw the fade out of the assult rifle and enter the BR. Which is strange, as they were using AR's in the trailer and Halo 1, but AR's were gone in H2. Bungie works in strange ways.
 Halo_92
10-17-2006, 1:06 PM
Yes they do, Excpecially making it for the 360, It would have been smarter to come out on the PC.
 TSR
10-19-2006, 7:51 AM
or both.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-01-2007, 7:21 PM
Nah. It cant be out only for 360, no way. Someone played LOTR: TBFME II for 360? I say, even if the game gets too "consolish", they should remodel it for pc.
 shadowtrooper69
04-19-2007, 4:12 PM
i think since their modeling it for the 360 it might be the only good rts for console.
 TXH-1138
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
halo ce takes place directly after the book Halo: The Fall of Reach, by Eric Nylund, and is in written for with the book Halo: The Flood. then halo 2 is directly after and during (at least the beginning of) Halo: First Strike and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. it is unknown when halo 3 will take place, but halo wars takes place almost thirty years before halo ce, when the covenant and humans were just beginning to fight (which is strange, since humans only learn about the existance of hunters in the latter parts of the Halo: The Fall of Reach, and there are Hunters in the concept art for Halo Wars). It is possible that u can control halo wars armies as the covenant, but it is definite that u can countrol the UNSC forces and the aircraft/ground units like the Scorpion Main Battle Tank or the Shortsword fighter. i agree with Halo_92... it should be for the computer, not the 360, since it involves selecting units and moving them in certain ways. it would be like a SWEET version of ages of empire or something. anyways... halo 3 will be cool, and halo wars too, so buy 'em cause the story is cool and it has the best graphics ever. for info about halo 3, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3), and to get info/concept art/faq's about halo wars, go to http://halowars.com). halo... is awesome. read the books it makes a lot more sense for the story's sake.

TXH-1138

ps. Eric Nylund is the best halo arthor... the other guy William C. Dietz just isn't good he's just writing cause he likes to write about people getting their guts ripped out by quad-jawed aliens and then a big dude in armor coming and kicking their butts... Nylund can actually write.
Page: 1 of 1