Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tech Help needed

Page: 1 of 1
 Toliver
09-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I reinstalled the game on my computer recently (WinXP Pro, service pack 2) and have a problem during game play.
What happens is that while playing the game, all of a sudden I find myself back out on my Desktop. When I go back into the game (by clicking on the game which is minimized on the Taskbar) it says something like "We paused the game while you were away" and I click on "Okay" to pick up right where I was when I got kicked out to the Desktop.
This happens repeatedly.
I am using a Logitech controller (through USB) for gameplay.
I thought it might be my screen saver trying to kick in so I turned it off. But the "kicked-out-to-the-Desktop" thing keeps happening.
I've played the game before on the same computer and this problem didn't happen then.
I know the problem isn't with the game but has to be something happen in my computer. Although I have Norton AntiVirus running, it can't be NAV becuase my computer has always had it running from Day One.
The one thing it might be is I have SpySweeper installed and it's always active. Could that be what's kicking me out to the Desktop?
Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have a suggestion for figuring out what is causing this?
 Ray_the_psychic
09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Turn spysweeper off and see what happens. Try playing without the logitech? I dunno. Just turn spysweeper off and see what happens.
 Toliver
09-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Just a followup to my problem...
Last night I shut off SpySweeper before launching Psychonauts and didn't have the "kicked-out-to-the-Desktop" problem again.
I guess it helps to shut off extraneous programs before playing the game.
Lesson learned.
 Ray_the_psychic
09-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Glad i could help.
Page: 1 of 1