Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with KSE (Xbox)

Page: 1 of 1
 Racter
09-20-2006, 10:58 PM
I have the PC and X-Box version of KotOR, and the X-Box version of TSL. I downloaded a modded save made by Jay "FNG" and fired it up to make sure it worked. Then, I took the files PC saves have in them and put those in a folder in the same directory I keep my PC saves, opened KSE, changed what I wanted, saved. I placed the modified versions of those into a copied version of FNG's save, zipped it up and put it on my memory card. However, when I try and load it, KotOR says the game is damaged. GLOBALVARS, PARTYTABLE, SAVEGAME.sav, savenfo, and Screen are used in PC saves, so I figured that's what I needed to change. KSE treated it EXACTLY like a PC save, so I assumed that part worked fine. However, the original FNG save has some crazy ass green things called Broderbund Poster Type files that PC saves don't have. I think I need to change something with those (I remember reading somewhere that headers are a problem), I just don't know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 RedHawke
09-21-2006, 1:30 AM
The readme file for KSE has info on editing XBox save games...
Manually specifying the game installation path (Xbox users take heed)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can manually specify the installation path for KotOR or TSL by right clicking
the node that says "Knights of the Old Republic" or "The Sith Lords". A popup
menu will appear next to your cursor. Choose 'Change Installation Path' and you
will be prompted to browse for the installation folder. The tree will be updated
automatically if savegames are found. Note that KSE expects the following files and
file structure:

\dialog.tlk
\saves\(various save folders)\savegame.sav
\saves\(various save folders)\savenfo.res
\saves\(various save folders)\globalvars.res
\saves\(various save folders)\partytable.res
\texturepacks\swpc_tex_gui.erf [OPTIONAL - for item/spell/portrait picture display]
\override\(.2da files or .uti files) [OPTIONAL]

(As of v3.3.3, the chitin.key and various .bif files are not required)

------------------------------
Note for Xbox users: Sig files
-------------------------------
Sig files are signatures that tell the Xbox that the savegame is legitimate. There are
7 .sig files that are required for a legitimate Xbox savegame:
SAVE_PARTY.sig
SAVE_VARS.sig
SAVE_INFO.sig
screen.sig
SAVE_HEADERVAR.sig
SAVE_DATA.sig
SAVE_HEADER.sig

KSE can create the first 6 of them. The SAVE_HEADER.sig cannot be recreated by KSE at
this time. Therefore Xbox users will need to preserve their original SAVE_HEADER.sig
and cross their fingers that it their KSE-edited game will accept that .sig file.

KSE began generating .sig files automatically as of v2.2.0. As of v3.3.2, KSE will
now only generate .sig files if a .sig file exists in your \saves\(whatever) directory.
If you haven't copied over the .sig files from your Xbox with savegame.sav file, you
can create a dummy file with a .sig extension in that savegame folder and that will be
enough for KSE to know that you want to generate .sig files when you edit your game.
See. :D

Here is the KSE Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=123671) browsing that might also help you out.

Lastly, as this is about KSE moving to the T3-M4 A.D.C. Forum...
Page: 1 of 1