Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can I Remove Upgrade Check?

Page: 1 of 1
 9Nails
09-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Simple question... I just want to play Empire At War in single-player. It is a minor annoyance to have to view the upgrade notice when starting the game. I'm content with the version that I have and don't really feel like I need to upgrade. Can I prevent/remove the upgrade check when I start the game?

If yes, how?

Thanks!
 DarthMaulUK
09-27-2006, 7:03 PM
Not really. Upgrading to the newest patch helps balance the game
 9Nails
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I suppose upgrading would provide that. But balance isn't interesting to me. Stability, yes - but this game seems to have that out of the shrink wrap. (Kudos to that!) I'm still more interested in the single player campaigns that a balanced on-line experience. I suppose that my being a casual player from the "Cheater-Strike" generation that I'm slightly jaded to the on-line game community.

Your comment, "not really", seems open ended - as if there may be a possibility. I'm about done with the game from the Empire's perspective. And I hope to enjoy a lengthy campaign under the Rebels soon! I hope that I'm not alone in the question.
 paws1111
10-07-2006, 9:25 AM
well... if you disconect your computer from inter net it wont come up :/ dont think
Page: 1 of 1