Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Merging Global.jrl for Holowan plugin and Sikons "Lonna Vash mod, 1.2"

Page: 1 of 1
 Addlcove
09-14-2006, 3:08 PM
As I have absolutely no idea how to do this I am requesting help

as it is I am using the holowan plugin, but I crash when entering the visionquest on Koriban because the data needed from global.jrl that came with the mod obviously isnt in the global.jrl for Holowan plugin.

would someone be able to merge these for me?

I can send the files in question to you if you do not have the two mentioned mods available.

Thanks In advance
 RedHawke
09-15-2006, 1:11 AM
Moving to Holowan Labs proper, as this is better suited there... ;)
 Addlcove
09-15-2006, 5:43 AM
<mutters> bugger when I saw your name I thought you would have a solution for me <laughs>

sorry about the misplacement
 stoffe
09-15-2006, 8:40 AM
If you are feeling adventurous you can try using this new tool (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/JRLMerger02b.rar). It's a tool for merging two global.jrl files together. Do note that this is still in the testing stage though, and may not be very foolproofed. It worked fine with the modded JRL files I've tried it with so far, but I won't guarantee it works with everything under all situations without problems.

You'll need to extract an unalterd global.jrl file from dialogs.bif with KotorTool first though that it can use to compare against to spot changes. Then you just select all three files in the tool and press the "Merge" button, and hopefully it will do its thing.

If it does work, please let me know. :)
 Addlcove
09-15-2006, 9:45 AM
will test when I come home.

could you do a fast step by step on how to extract the unaltered file? <grins>
 Addlcove
09-15-2006, 2:15 PM
Using modified StrRef of the "Text" field for entry at index 56 found in first file.
Using new entry Categories\56\EntryList\21\ found in first file.
Using new entry Categories\56\EntryList\22\ found in first file.
Using new entry Categories\64\EntryList\2\ found in first file.
Using new entry Categories\64\EntryList\2\ found in first file.
Copying new entry Categories\64\EntryList\5\ found in second file.
Copying new entry Categories\64\EntryList\6\ found in second file.
Using modified StrRef of the "Text" field for entry at index 102 found in first file.
Using modified StrRef of the "Text" field for entry at index 104 found in first file.

Running Tag uniqueness sanity checks...
Tag uniqueness sanity check completed: No problems found.
----------
game still crashes though

I will uninstall and then reinstall it completely, then add the mods, I might have been messing around too much with it
Page: 1 of 1