Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planets

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Dragoon
09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I am going to have a go at creating some new planets for kotor 2 (you can find out more on my site noted in my signature).

i will need some help with textures ect, but what i need to know is..
how to link two or more custom modules together.

i will need some help with these projects, you can sign up on the site and post if you would like to help
 sniper1707
09-14-2006, 8:10 PM
please hurry up and make them! i am so bored and ill be willing to help u do anyything to make them be done faster
 RedHawke
09-15-2006, 1:49 AM
I am going to have a go at creating some new planets for kotor 2 (you can find out more on my site noted in my signature).
Good luck, this type of project is the most time-consuming thing you can attempt.

Some words of wisdom on this, do not attempt said project until you are familiar with all of the basic file types in the game, and are quite familiar with scripting. As well as having some of the main basic mod types under your belt. That knowledge is invaluable for what lies ahead. :)

but what i need to know is.. how to link two or more custom modules together.
You can link modules together in a variety of ways, in ORD Mandell as well as my Jawa Shop I made use of the pre-existing area transition triggers and simply changed the loaded module name to my new custom ones, but others like going to the apartment module, or into the sewers, I had to use a computer console I placed, I used a dialog to fire a script to warp to my new module then used the pre-existing area trigger to be able to send people back to a waypoint set near the computer console. It is really simple actually... populating the modules with NPC's and Placeables will take the most time, even with a snazzy WhereamI Armband. ;)
 Darth Dragoon
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
thanks for your help, as i said i will need some help if anyone would like to help.

my Site is closing down so i have a new one found in my sig!
Page: 1 of 1