Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dismemberment/damage values problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-13-2006, 1:18 PM
I dowloaded a "mod" that is really a collection of lines to go in the "jampconfig" file, and this is the default that the author has set the values to:

seta g_saberMoreRealistic "100"
seta cg_saberEntMarks "99"
seta g_dismemberment "99"
seta helpUsObi "1"
seta password "mwredsith"

It then says to find and delete seta g_dismemberment "3", which I did.

However, these settings caused too much damage for my taste, so I toned the seta g_saberMoreRealistic line all the way down to "2". (I found that anything less--1 or 0--will not produce any visible results from the game's default dismemberment settings.) While this is certainly better, it's still a little too powerful. Bosses are being defeated more quickly, and I can still accedently kill with one hit, or by my idle saber blade. I want the damage to be equal--or nearly equal--to the game's default settings, but I still would like to see lots of limbs fly. Any idea what I should set these or other values to in order to accomplish this?

I also noticed a seta g_dismember "0" line, which the author does not mention. Could this be important?

Or are there other ways of accomplishing this? Any good mods that do it automatically?
 Tinny
09-13-2006, 9:42 PM
Did you try changing the value of g_dismemberment to say.. "2" or "3"?
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-13-2006, 10:59 PM
No, but I will try just that and let you know how it goes.
Page: 1 of 1