Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Casting Call: Last of the Jedi

Page: 1 of 1
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:22 AM
Wow, it has been quite a while since I last posted. I would like to try and revive an old thread of mine, with slight modifications. You may remember it as 'Last of the Jedi.'

Here's the pitch: The Jedi order has died. The Sith managed to destroy their last stronghold. However, lacking a unified enemy, the Sith soon turned upon themselves, leaving behind them a galaxy deaf to the Force. Without the Jedi as a central pillar, the New Republic soon decayed into its current state. Corruption reigns supreme: The Bumani Exchange Corporation is the king of crime, hounded by the Hutts, as ever. The New Republic Senate takes months to decide simple decisions, due to the Rebel's fear of executive power. One day, the bounty hunter Humboldt, while chasing his quarry through the ancient Jedi temple on Coruscant, misfired and revealed a body that had been invisible. Unbeknownst to the bounty hunter, it was a Jedi Padawan who had somehow survived the purge over 100 years ago and put himself into a state of suspended animation.

That is where the story picks up. I will play Humboldt (Whose character sheet will be used as a model in my next post). The first person who replies will play the Jedi, and anyone else who wants to will play the party members, as it were. Of course, the party needn't start out together, but I, acting as TM, will guide them together.

Several requests before the game starts: Please create a new character for this RP. I am sure other characters are very cool, but I would like an original experience with this RP. Please stay within the normal plot parameters. I have a plot in mind for this RP, please don't shoot of on tangents. Please keep thematic elements constant in your posts. It's okay to be wounded sometimes in battle, and it's okay to write a miss in your own post.

Lastly, the Jedi is a Padawan, too low in the ranks to be completely indoctrinated. Thusly, he may choose whatever alignment he wants.
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:29 AM
Character Sheet: Humboldt

Name: Humboldt
Weapons: Bumani Exchange Corporation Air-propelled Proj-sniper rifle
Armor: None
Special Equipment: Stealth Field Generator, Wrist-mounted grappling cable, capable of supporting and reeling in him and 100 extra lbs.
Special Abilities: Internal Sustenance (Doesn't need to eat), Stasis (Is capable of putting himself into a state of suspended animation)
Alignment: True Neutral (Neutral on the Lawful-Chaotic and Good-Evil axes)
Starting Location: Jedi Temple, stasis chamber
Modus Transporti: He's got legs, he uses 'em!

From the Jedi I will also need saber color and saber style, as well as three domains of force use. The domains of force use are: Telekinesis, Mind Affecting, Divination (Extra senses), Transmutation, Buffing, Evocation (Force lightning and such), or, if you can make a case for a Domain not listed here, then that Domain. Occupation also serves as class.
 Jason Skywalker
09-10-2006, 6:59 AM
I'll take the Padawan, just gimme a few minutes.

EDIT:
Name: Reyvan Skyrider
Weapons: Dual Lightsabers, The Force
Lightsaber(s) Colour: Blue (Right) and Green (Left)
Saber Style: Form VI, Niman/Jar'Kai
Armor: Tan Jedi Robe with red-brown cloak, boots and gloves.
Force Domains: Mind Affecting, Divination, Evocation.
Special Equipment:None.
Special Abilities: Stasis (Is capable of putting himself into a state of suspended animation)
Alignment: 75% Light Side
Starting Location: Jedi Temple, stasis chamber
Modus Transporti: Jedi Starfighter, Legs.
Personality/Appearence: Reyvan has bright brown short hair with an orange tint to it. He has golden/bright brown eyes and although he has long hair, he also burdens the typical Padawan braid on the back of his neck. He is a gifted Padawan with the wisdom of the Jedi Consulars, and the natural strength of his Jedi Guardian class. Gifted as he is, he is also clumsy, brash and a bit self-reliant of his skills, being arrogant.

Well, that's done. Hope i didn't do anything wrong.
 ForceFightWMe12
09-10-2006, 1:50 PM
Sounds like an intruiging plot...definatly seems like one of the more put-together RPs I've seen in a while...Plus your avatar is a Wicked avatar. +MAJOR cool points for you ;)

Look's like I'll be jumping in as a party member then. w00tness. Oh, and Exerkis, think it would be alright if my character was ferrying yours around?

Name: Eliora (AKA Raven)
Weapons: Echani Ritual Brand, modified field-holdout blaster
Armor: Her clothing is made of a fabric entwined with a thin fiber mesh to give her a small bit of protection from blaster fire
Special Equipment: Wrist-mounted spring-blade
Special Abilities: She's a scout. There's nothing that'll escape her notice.
Alignment: 20% Lightside
Starting Location: Jedi Temple, grounds
Modus Transporti: She has a speeder bike that she uses when on her own or on a job, but will walk if needed.
(And because I feel kinda weird leaving the character sheet like this...) Personality/Appearence: Eliora has dark brown hair, so dark it looks almost black. Her eyes are green, and will capture any detail that she might deem important. She's a clever woman, and can sometimes get to be a handfull. Bold and brave, she's known as Raven, the captain of the Starbird to those in the shipping fleet employed by the Exchange.
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 1:59 PM
Ok. Sounds good. I think we'll wait for maybe 1 more party member before starting this one up. Also, Reyvan's starfighter is destroyed, but he doesn't know that. Please don't argue, it's an executive decision.
 Jason Skywalker
09-10-2006, 2:08 PM
No, it's okay with me. Also, what do you mean with "ferrying"? Transporting? I have been seeing to many things. :xp:

Oh and, i also believe i'll add the Personality/Appearance thing, thanks for it ForceFight.
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:12 PM
If you feel you must add the personality/appearance thing, go ahead. I just omitted it because I don't find that appearance matters all too much to the gaming, and that personality should be revealed as the RP progresses.
 steven
09-10-2006, 2:15 PM
Name: Neasa
Species:Clawdite
Weapons:http://starwars.wikia.com/images/4/4e/Blaster_.jpg)
Armor:None
Special Equipment:R9-X1
Special Abilities: Shapeshifting
Alignment: 30% good
Starting Location:Haven't decided yet.

Name:T9-X1
Armor:None
Special Equipment:Advanced computering
Special Abilities: Hacking
Alignment: Neutral
Starting Location:Where ever Neasa is
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:R8-R9_negtd.jpg) (Right)
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:20 PM
Steven, not to be hurtin' on your character or anything, but he seems to be a copy of parts of my Char and something from a show (I say this merely because you posted a picture from a show). Also, he seems to have no real specialization in his abilities, and no real weakness. Could you try to make your character a little more realistic, or at least make him fit better with the already existing characters?
 steven
09-10-2006, 2:25 PM
Sure thing. Just gimme a bit.

:::Edit:::
I've decided to completely edit my character and make him an alien. I also may give him a droid companion with that's allright with you.

Btw, what is the era is this(e.g. KOTOR era, pre-epsiode one, post episode three, post episode six or is this an alternate universe?)
 Jason Skywalker
09-10-2006, 2:30 PM
Hey Exerkis, just a q. Could i, as the Last of the Jedi, train someone from the crew into my Padawan, if he/she would want to receive training?
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:33 PM
Well, normally I'd say yes, but the fact of the matter is that you have enough to worry about training yourself so... not yet. When you become accomplished with the force than maybe you can train us. It all depends on the wording of your posts.

To answer your question steven: This is well past episode 6. It as about 4000 years ABY. And the droid companion would be fine. What race are we talking about here?
 Jason Skywalker
09-10-2006, 2:36 PM
Alright then, it's okay, i assumed and suspected as much that it would be like that.
 steven
09-10-2006, 2:37 PM
What race are we talking about here?

Haven't got the foggiest idea..
 Exerkis
09-10-2006, 2:56 PM
Steven, I think I'm going to start the RP, just post you character sheet when you think of it and then jump right in.
 Ryan Sл'vla
09-10-2006, 3:01 PM
I'll join the RP as:

Name: Ryan Se'vla
Weapons: Two Holdout Blasters, one Heavy Blaster and one Vidrosword.
Armor: Black jacket with red stripes, white shirt below, dark brown pants w/red stripes and black boots and gloves.
Special Equipment: Stealth Field Generator and wrist mounted Bothan Stun Stick.
Special Abilities: Pregonition.
Alignment: 15% Lightside.
Starting Location: Jedi Temple, Library.
Modus Transporti: Legs.
Personality/Appearence: Ryan has short black hair, golden dark brown eyes. He trained to ba a soldier, then he became a mercenary for the money, but that wasn't his nature, Ryan is kind, smart and cool-headed. So now he's at the Jedi Temple trying to find some artifacts he can sell to the Hutts in Nar Shadda.
 Master_Archon
09-10-2006, 3:37 PM
I like this RP, something a little different from the usual.

Name: Geno 'T-IV'
Weapons: Super Heated-Plasma conducted Rapid Fire Projectile Rifle, (S.P.H.E.R.E. Rifle for short. The one in my characters picture.) two Vibro axes (http://www.alaska.net/~rockwell/starwars/starwars/guidepics/vibroax2.jpg), two melee blades (http://www.rpgexpert.com/Rareweapon2_files/pic230A.jpg), two ACP Heavy blasters (http://gioco.net/starwars/ultimosettore/images/weapons/heavy_blaster_pistol_thunderer.png)
Armor: Heavy Bio-Mech suit
Special Equipment: various visual systems, and other assassination, and bounty hunting equipment.
Special Abilities: Bio-mechanical metal coil muscles (basically he's really strong), pre-preogramed combat skills, photographic reflexes, and highly trained in all bounty hunting, and assassination skills/capabilities
Alignment: Neutral/62% lightside
Starting Location: Jedi Temple, summit
Modus Transporti: He's got jump jets (hydrolic jumping system), his legs, and various propulsion systems on his suit.
(yeah, I feel a bit odd without a Bio.)
Bio/Appearence: Geno is an illegal cyborg assassin unit (http://www.thatadamguy.com/2D/CyclopsArmor.jpg), concocted by the Exchange. He however, did not like what they did to him, so he went awol before they could sell his services to a wealthy investor. He's lost all his previous life's memory, and is always trying to understand various emotions, and human behaviors. He stamped his suit with various icons, and took up a life of a bounty hunter, though he's more of an assassin, due to his bad luck of having clients who want him to kill his target. No one knows exactly what he looks like, he dosn't even know! He just wishes to live his life answering the many questions that enter his mind.

O.K., hope what I put was okay, if not just tell me, and I'll change what I need to.
 Darth_Velrogh
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Name: Velrogh
Weapons: DC-15A blaster rifle, red lightsaber, hidden poison vibro-knife, two SBP-200 blaster pistols.
Armor: Sith trooper uniform and a black hooded cape.
Special Equipment: jet pack, robotic arm (the right one), stealth generator, Dart wrist gun, a pair of trigoogles and an Icer (computer slicing tool)
Special Abilities: Agility implant that makes him faster and his reflexes better, great blade to blade fighter, can sustain breath for hours, unsensitive unmercyful and pitiless which optimise his assasinating abilities
Alignment: Dark Side
Starting Location: Senate Entrance
Modus Transporti: His legs -.-
Bio: His ancestors were survivors from the Jedi civil war, a woman (dark Jedi) and a man (also a Dark Jedi) they installed themselves in Coruscant and have lived there since. His armor and lightsaber are family heirloom, (He has no Force abilities but is Force Sensitive).
He lost is arm in a job on Tatooine, his robotic arm is stronger and unable to feel pain.
 Lord Foley
10-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I'd like to join, if it's quite all right. Let's see just how good you are at drawing the characters together, hm? I'll be starting on Tatooine working for a small clan of mercenaries headed by a Dug named Chik Ilbos.

Name: Darek Myt
Race: Human
Starting Atire: Simple clothes and a jacket, think like scoundrel clothing but brown instead of red.
Starting Weapons: Standard issue blaster, low power stun button
Alignment: We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
Bio: Likewise
Starting Location: Mos Trinos, Tatooine

I think characters should really be developed around an RP, not the other way around, so I've left a lot to be determined and referred to clothes and weapons as 'starting'.
Page: 1 of 1