Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Support issue - why does my system crash when in planetary battles?

Page: 1 of 1
 timt
09-09-2006, 5:48 AM
I have just recently purchased a new computer and for some reason SW:EAW crashes in planetary battles. I first noticed this when I was playing through the tutorials and when I got up to Tutorial 5, I started having problems.

It looks like the problem is graphics related as lines break up and down the screen until the game crashes my system. The specs I am running are:

Pentium D 3.4ghz
2gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS 256mb

Using autodetect, I am able to run at the highest resolution with detail turned up. I have tried running at lower res but still I get this problem. Additionally, I have installed and updated to the latest drivers.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
 StarWarsPhreak
09-09-2006, 7:06 AM
Thread moved to tech support forum.
 RebellYell
09-10-2006, 12:22 PM
That sounds pretty strange, sure ur video card isnt overheating?
 DarthMaulUK
09-10-2006, 3:33 PM
Post dxdiag. Im 100% certain that your drivers are out of date here. Thats and/or your direct x9c isnt the latest one

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155333)

DMUK
 timt
09-11-2006, 6:57 AM
how do i post the dxdiag? btw, i have the latest version of DirectX and to the poster who suggested my card is overheating - it isnt. Additionallly, as mentioned at the start of this thread, I have updated my drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer (NVidia).

The problems I am experiencing are very much similar to the issues raised in the following thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168585)
 franq
09-13-2006, 4:39 AM
timt, youґre having the same problem as i and many others have. Apparently thereґs nothing that can be done about it, apart from playing on hideously low graphical setting-detail... Check other posts on this topic... Its seems to be a problem with high detail and high end nvidia cards....
Page: 1 of 1