Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Toast to Summer

Page: 1 of 2
 Miss_Mayhem
09-04-2006, 1:38 PM
Summer came, and now, summer is going. Soon, we will all be taken once more by the evil, slimy, icky claws that is the educational system. Well, most of us. So, I propose a toast, a toast to another summer, and if anyone else has a few words to say about this marvelous season, go right ahead. No speaking stick is in order.

Did anything particularly wonderful happen this summer? For me, not really. I did learn that I cant handle being isolated from technology when camping, that Disneyland is no longer such a big thing for me anymore, and probably a few other things I cant remember. BUT ... I did fall in love with the magic of Project Runway, I found me internet crack in the form of the most excellent webcomics, Misfile, Drmcninja, and VGcats. Elusive Insanity, a fanfic of mine launched, and of course, I met all you guys here. And we're all friends here, right? Right? Neh, I ignored all my school friends, not surprising considering it's me and them we're talking about. Ignoring my friends over the summer is something I can be counted on to do, and indeed, I talked to you guys, people I will never meet, more than the friends I will reunite with tommorow when school (sadly) reopens.

So yes, I propose a toast, raise your glasses, be they styrofoam or glass, filled with flat soda, cheap beer, pricey bubbly or a Pina Colada with an umbrella lolling on the side, clink them with others' glasses and take a nice, long, deep sip. Anyone else with a few words?
 Psychochaos3
09-04-2006, 1:51 PM
Goodbye summer. I see you again soon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ri-39CtBQQ).
 Halo_92
09-04-2006, 2:18 PM
This was the best summer ever becusae i spent about half of it here at RD.
 Pho3nix
09-04-2006, 3:11 PM
This was probably my best summer ever, lots of alcohol and fun.

Cheer's ! np: Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
 DarthAve
09-04-2006, 3:36 PM
I'll miss you summer. From the beginning days of the Jr. T.I. Ceder Point trip, to the first high school football game, we had fun.

~tears~ Even though, during summer, I discovered some killer music(Thanks Mashi) and shot off a lot of fireworks. A toast to lazy summer days, spent with friends from around the world, here at the LFRD.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-04-2006, 8:43 PM
Summer kicked ass. I wrote a 13 page research paper on LSD and read up on the LWP and CGI Perl modules. Yay.
 St. Jimmy
09-04-2006, 9:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA Ha heh ermm *clears throat* ahem. I'm just coming in to summer now seeing as I live in Australia. So NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO LISTEN TO ME HAVE FUN WHILE YOU ALL FREEZE YOUR ASSES OFF! Seriously, you're all like 'oh, isn't summer great and fun and kittens' and stuff while I'm shivering. But NO LONGER! anyway I'm going to go stop ranting.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-04-2006, 10:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA Ha heh ermm *clears throat* ahem. I'm just coming in to summer now seeing as I live in Australia. So NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO LISTEN TO ME HAVE FUN WHILE YOU ALL FREEZE YOUR ASSES OFF! Seriously, you're all like 'oh, isn't summer great and fun and kittens' and stuff while I'm shivering. But NO LONGER! anyway I'm going to go stop ranting.
I like the winter better. I got my snowmobile license last year.
 DarthAve
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Winter roxors hard.

Mmmmm, fresh snow.
 Halo_92
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
What Grade are you in?

I'm A freshman! *dances*

@Jimmy we will freeze up here in WA.
 milo
09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
What Grade are you in?

I'm A freshman! *dances*

Haha, I'm a senior. I push freshman into lockers and give them swirlies and such.

Winter will be fun. Can't wait to go snowboarding.
 Pho3nix
09-05-2006, 4:03 AM
Yeah sure winter can be fun, but the ladies have more clothes on. :'<
 VampireNaomi
09-05-2006, 5:14 AM
Winter is only fun in the countryside where the snow is white and pure, and where you have room to do things like wander in the forest. This year will be my first winter in a city (Jyvдskylд) and I'm not really looking forward to it.
 Poopdogjr
09-05-2006, 3:31 PM
Yup. today is my last day of summer. Oh well, it wa fun while it lasted.

Also, I think that it's awesome that St. Jimmy said "Seriously, you're all like 'oh, isn't summer great and fun and kittens' and stuff."
 DarthAve
09-05-2006, 4:31 PM
Well, summer's officially over until the Theme Parks all close. Which means we got till Fright Fest!
 Halo_92
09-05-2006, 5:04 PM
*We are the Champions, My friends!*
 Poopdogjr
09-05-2006, 5:11 PM
I LOVE frightfest. So much fun.
 Halo_92
09-05-2006, 5:16 PM
whats fright fest?
 DarthAve
09-05-2006, 5:21 PM
Fright Fest is the whole halloween celebration at this theme park.
 Halo_92
09-05-2006, 5:25 PM
lucky
 Miss_Mayhem
09-05-2006, 6:33 PM
Hehehehehe, I dont think I've ever really frozen my ass off. Winters mean bearable weather here in Cali. It's winter, it looks like it will rain, but experience tells me it wont, and I go to school in a short-sleeved shirt and a snappy bomber jacket also with short sleeves, and if I'm lucky that it reaches 60+ degrees, I just toss a thin camisole on. I haven't even seen real snow, all we get during winter is light rain. Oh, and I'm a senior in JH now! Yay, we get all these cool perks if you ignore all the stress placed on you.
 Halo_92
09-05-2006, 6:49 PM
HaHa my friend was just talking to me about that.

He was gonna pull a good prank on some as he calls them "Stupid sevies"
 Klia
09-05-2006, 8:26 PM
Sorry.

Double Postige.
 Klia
09-05-2006, 8:38 PM
I learned my life is short.
 DarthAve
09-05-2006, 9:09 PM
My school is lucky. The freshman are at the Jr. high, and you start going to the official high school when your a sophmore.

FREEDOM FROM FRESHMAN FRIDAY!!! (tonguetwisterrr!!)
 Poopdogjr
09-06-2006, 12:03 AM
The whole world should have the right to experience Fright-fest.

I've always wondered if I would like to live in a place like Cali, where you don't really get much seasonal change. I like the fall, the changing of the leaves, and the cooling off weather. But I hate the winter cold, and snow. Hmmmm...
 DarthAve
09-06-2006, 3:12 PM
Don't you get fright fest things in cali? I mean, Disney's California Adventure must have SOMETHING!

Also you're lucky. California rocks. I went to Oakland for a week a few years ago to see relatives. IT WAS SO FUN! We stayed at this cool old hotel and this dude got busted for fireworks right outside the window. and we went ot Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. The Tornado there was my first rollar coaster.

Ah, memories of summer...
 Miss_Mayhem
09-06-2006, 8:57 PM
hellz yeah it does! Disneyland, Knott's Berry-Farm, Magic Mountain ALL have it. Not to mention all the college campuses. So you can get your adrenaline fix just about anywhere, from 5-50+ miles away. The bad things about Cali are that it can get really hot. It was 100 degrees yesterday. You get used to it, like 85 degrees is nuthin, but if it's humid it's simply horrible. During those days, you hafta stay somewhere air-conditioned. Like a mall. We dont have too much cold here, the only precipitation is rain. It never rains much, unless you count 2 years ago when we were 2 inches from breaking the record rainfall for our area. The morning are cold, you can see your breath, but even then, the most you can expect is foggy car windows. Oh, and the housing costs are insane. A 3 bedroom house is over half a million here, and it will only get worse *sobs*.

My first schoolday was meh. i reunited with friends, most of whom I've actually stopped hanging with for one reason or another. 2 of my classes aren't Honors, which they should be. Honors is harder, but we get less homework. I hafta take beg. art again (though the teacher has made me eligible for a TA), PE is during 4 period, and I got a papercut so bad that it bled; the blood running to my other fingers and a little clinging beneath my nail wich sucked alot cuz it stained them as well as a few droplets that fell on my pants. Theres a scab there now. Hmm, in retrospect it was kinda bad.
 DarthAve
09-06-2006, 9:22 PM
My first say was great. All my teachers are nice, and I don't have to seriously run to any of my classes. Plus, I pretty much have all my friends in my lunch mod. So I've made myself a place with Molly, Danielle, Becca, Matt, and Nicole. We're a fun group.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-06-2006, 9:40 PM
Lucky, hopefully things get better for me...
 Poopdogjr
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Damn, California must be nice. I have never been there. Someday maybe. I also want to go to Australia. That place just kicks copious amounts of anus.

Plus, School always gets better after the first day. No biggie.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, it is nice, just keep away from the Watts and Compton. If you are unlucky to land there, keep your hands stiff and DONT move them, you may never know what a seemingly harmless hand-gesture it is to the OG's. A flick of the pinky could be a gang sign. I'm supah serious bout that. And it's really just about how good you are about your money. You can find almost anything in LA as long as you have the cash. Hell, just flashing s few hundreds you dont intend to use at all to a club bouncer and they'll let you in. I wont lie that the majority of SoCal runs on money. We are greedy people here and charge for everything someone wants from us, whipping royaltee fees and NDA's out. Or at least i do, I have my cousins sign contracts *shifty-eyes*, and my mom made me and my sis sign a conract saying that we are to clean our room each day if we want our own rooms. Not to mention the contract I had my parents sign disclosing that at 15, if I am not to have my own room, the room I am currently occupying will be redone as I see fit as my Quincinera present if I have decided against a giant bash in favor of that and cash moneys.
 St. Jimmy
09-07-2006, 6:28 AM
What Grade are you in?

I'm A freshman! *dances*

What WA is that? the only one I can think of right now is Western Australia.
 Halo_92
09-07-2006, 1:08 PM
Washington state.
 DarthAve
09-07-2006, 4:20 PM
Washin' a ton state? Awesome.

I can't wait for contest. For some reason, since it's in April of next year. XP! I'm stealing Becca's song, and doing Danny Boy.
 St. Jimmy
09-08-2006, 3:51 AM
OOooohh... Yeh, you will.
 DarthAve
09-08-2006, 3:42 PM
I can bust some complete ass with that song. I did Homeward Bound last year. i kicked complete ass to the Nth degree. If I had someway to get audio on the computer, I'd put me singing.
 zelda 41
09-10-2006, 1:13 PM
Good bye summer. Here's a game to celebrate your departure.http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/dancingbush.htm)
 Miss_Mayhem
09-10-2006, 1:18 PM
Haha, I loved that! Bush is so graceful *coughyeahrightcough*
 zelda 41
09-10-2006, 1:23 PM
I'm with ya there
 Miss_Mayhem
09-10-2006, 1:28 PM
The best part is when he skips and giggles like a little schoolgirl

*watches hamtaro*
 Poopdogjr
09-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh, those hamsters and their adventures. So evil.
 Samnmax221
09-10-2006, 11:10 PM
What the vagina is going on here, you all had a summer discussion without me, and now I'm back in school.

*Throws acid jar
 Miss_Mayhem
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM
*dodges jar* Yeah, pretty much. You're supposed to talk about how effing AWESOME or CRAPPY your summer was as well as emo-whine about what a b**** school is.
 St. Jimmy
09-11-2006, 8:24 AM
"Summer has come and past, Twenty years has gone so fast..." FINISH IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!
 milo
09-11-2006, 8:43 AM
"Summer has come and past, Twenty years has gone so fast..." FINISH IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!
NO. I HATE THAT SONG. THE WHOLE ALBUM WAS TERRIBLE. DOOKIE>>>>>AMERICAN IDIOT.
 St. Jimmy
09-11-2006, 8:49 AM
It has to be my fave album of theirs but I did just get Dookie like, three days ago AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! actually, I don't like WMUWSE either but the quote was appropriate for this thread.
So far I have KERPLUNK!
Dookie
Insomniac
nimrod.
INTERNATIONAL SUPERHITS
American Idiot
And soon I'm getting Bullet In A Bible.
 Samnmax221
09-11-2006, 9:50 PM
NO. I HATE THAT SONG. THE WHOLE ALBUM WAS TERRIBLE. DOOKIE>>>>>AMERICAN IDIOT.
Greenday just plain sucks, I don't like EMO and I don't like punk.

But on another note, I was driving around looking for a job today. Some bitch coming out of the Starbucks parking lot cut me off. Needless to say, I had my head out the window yelling curses and such (While flipping her off) while she waited for the light to change, she couldn't even look at me.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-11-2006, 9:53 PM
You are twisted Sam. Yet that sounds oddly at home to the type of stuff I'd see here. Do you live in NY or Cali? Expect that from New-Yorkans, and I've seen it happen here too.
 Samnmax221
09-11-2006, 9:58 PM
You are twisted Sam. Yet that sounds oddly at home to the type of stuff I'd see here. Do you live in NY or Cali? Expect that from New-Yorkans, and I've seen it happen here too.
Up in the Norderen regions of Minnesota, according to my parents our type are supposed to be friendly.
Page: 1 of 2