Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Prime Minister's New Groove

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
09-03-2006, 7:42 PM
NOW ONLINE TO DOWNLOAD!!

The Prime Minister's New Groove is now available on 'The Howard Saga' page! This is a brand new release for Nightlight Productions, and is a new installment in the thrilling story of Howard!

Err... yeah.

A lot of blood (literally), sweat (literally), and tears (hoo yeah) went into the creation of this adventure. I'm listening through it now, so you'll get a bit of commentary in this thread. A bit of trivia for you...

- Prime Minister's New Groove has been recorded THREE times. First as a live production, then as a studio production, and a third time as a studio production. The final one used for Nightlight is mostly the third recording, with one section of the second one spliced in.
- At one point it began and ended with a Tom Jones 'The Perfect World'. Now it has Right Said Fred. I'm honestly not too sure what is worse. I really do apologise.
- John Howard is not too sexy for anything, really.
- The covers are pretty darn cool. I'll take a photo and put it in this thread.
- Hah. I used Shawn Mullins music. I don't remember putting that in there. I think the song is called 'Canyons and Caverns'
- Lawrence Aitchison wasn't around for the third recording. The scene with him doing the voice of Aiden Ridgeway is all spliced from the second recording.
- Costello made references to Howard, in previous times, pretending to be George of the Jungle and Howard, Great Sage, Equal to Heaven. I've got recordings from 1999 with Howard doing both of these. The second one in particular is pretty darn funny.
- I can pick up jokes 'borrowed' from Austin Powers, Family Guy, and Emperor's New Groove. Pretty loosely in all cases. Others can probably spot things that I've missed.
- The Probulator gets a mention in every Howard special since Howard's From Space. Even though that's the only one it was ever written in the script. Number Two must really like it.
- To replicate the sound of Howard yelling from the snake pit, I stuck my head in a metal garbage bin. They should wash those things more often. :(
 Sallim
09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I can wait for quality ! I know it will be great!

and BLOOPERS YES!!!!! :D :D :D :D
 The Adventurer
09-06-2006, 6:08 AM
YAR! BRING IT ON!

BRING ON THE PAIN!

RAR!!
 The Adventurer
09-07-2006, 3:46 AM
It's up! It's up! Ring the Bells! It's Up!
 MJ
09-07-2006, 6:26 PM
Yep. Let me know if there's any mistakes in it.

I'd update the news page, but I can't for some reason. It's probably something to do with the change over to nightlightradio.net
 The Adventurer
09-18-2006, 4:08 AM
I can't help but notice no one is talking about TPNG. Because it was rather boss. Also, sick and wicked.

However, I can't help but notice no mention of it on the Nightlight Homepage. I think you might want to update that MJ, so that people know it's out.
 MJ
09-18-2006, 7:47 PM
Yeah, I know. We had some trouble with the Nightlight news scripts, because the website is now on nightlightradio.net. It's all fixed now.

In fact, I can put something up right now.

So... Adventurer, what did you think of the choice of 'I'm Too Sexy'?
 Shadriss
09-20-2006, 2:38 AM
I'm curious - why are the other Howards stuff Offline? I'd d-load and listen to this, but since it's 3rd in the Saga (or so it says) I'd hate to miss out on ongoing jokes by not hearing the others first...
 The Adventurer
09-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Good news, there is no continuity. When I say each stands alone, they really do. Still, it'd sure be nice to have the entire Nightlight catalog online. But bandwidth and all that.
 MJ
09-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, these are stand alone things. That way I can get away with having one part online at a time. Parts 4 through 6 vaguely follow on from each other, but not so much that you need all of them to get what's going on.
 The Adventurer
09-24-2006, 6:58 AM
You should have explained away Death's voice change. That could have been a good gag.
 MJ
09-24-2006, 7:22 PM
The thing about Prime Minister's New Groove is that even though it's the third part, it was the fifth recorded. So Death's voice had long since changed. I did the voice of Death in parts 3 - 6, but it was done by Stuart in part 1, and Lawrence in part 2.
 Shadriss
09-26-2006, 2:06 AM
Oh no! Does that mean I have to start poking you for the rest of THESE as well? :)
 MJ
09-26-2006, 8:23 PM
There's only one more to make, at this stage. I'm thinking about doing a 7th called 'There's Something About Beazley', but that's just an idea in the back of my head.
 Shadriss
09-29-2006, 11:14 PM
You sure that thing in the back of your head is an idea? Remember last time when it turned out to be mayonaisse left over from the Dud Star... I'd hate to end up with a bunch of white stuff all over your hands.
Page: 1 of 1