Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[morbid] Post basic ways of dying that frighten you the most

Page: 1 of 2
 Thrik
09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I was having some thoughts while in bed last night about ways of dying for no real reason, and the two that rank pretty much at the top are the following:

1. Drowning

2. Being eaten alive by something like a tiger; you're laid down helpless while it tucks into your stomach, etc

I mean, God. Just visualing those two things happening makes me all ":(". What are you guys deadly frightened of perishing to? Obviously we're all frightened of dying in general, but I'd much rather take a bullet to the head or a bomb in the mail rather than the two above.

Like the topic says though, try to keep things basic. While I'm sure being strapped onto the back of a truck in the crucifix position and then the truck reversing into an oak tree fifty times would hurt, it's not exactly common stuff. I'm just talking about simple ways of dying that people are probably doing as we speak.
 milo
09-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Being pushed out of a plane with no parachute. I mean, I know I'd be killed instantly, but still...
 zelda 41
09-02-2006, 11:33 AM
getting eaten by a shark.
 Thrik
09-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Ouch. Yeah, I suppose a combination of being eaten by a vicious animal and drowning would be pretty horrific. :~
 Psychochaos3
09-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Drowning in guano.(bat poo) while being eaten by flesh eating beetles (which live in guano)I'm serious. It could happen. If you went into a heavily populated bat cave you would almost be swimming in guano. Due to the huge amounts of ammonia you could also pass out.
 DarthAve
09-02-2006, 4:02 PM
...being impaled.

Or guitiene, however that's spelled.

However, If I were eaten by a Hannibal, Somthing really good would have to happen before. Like, a fancy dinner or somthing. Than, you can eat me.
 Samnmax221
09-02-2006, 4:10 PM
Having your balls bit off by a laplander thats the way I wanna go!

I'm going to a have a stipulation in my will that upon my death I will be put into a meat locker for a few days, of course I will have wires in place to put a rather ****ed up smile on my face. Then after a few days, I'll have some friends take me out and chuck me through the front window of my Uncles house (If the fat bastard is still alive, if so probebly my other nemisis "Hugo Chavez"), hopefully this will either frighten them to death, or put them into a mental state that leaves them trying to eat their own fingers and throwing excrement everwhere.
 Paranoidish
09-02-2006, 4:10 PM
1. Dying in some sort of painful, horrible, fatal disease. I don't know, like the bubonic plauge or something.

2.Being buried alive and dying from that.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-02-2006, 4:48 PM
1. Fire.

2. Killer bees.

Both painful.
 Samnmax221
09-02-2006, 5:12 PM
Being "Whined to Death" by a gang of EMO kids.
 DarthAve
09-02-2006, 5:37 PM
Being "Whined to Death" by a gang of EMO kids.
That would suck so much.

Death via Listening to Panic! at the Disco.
 Poopdogjr
09-03-2006, 2:02 AM
OMG!!!!! During high school, my friends and I had a huge discussion on this once. Very deep and complex. It's kinda gruesome I know, but it's sort of interesting at the same time.

I think I kinda narrowed it down to drowning and being burnt alive as my two worst.

Drowning, because you know it's happening and it's sort of slow. And pretty much helpless.

Burning, because that has to be ridicilously painful.

I'd like to go peacefully, like in my sleep. Who doesn't, right? It's really freaky if you think hard about this stuff.
 DarthAve
09-03-2006, 2:34 AM
You know what would be a cool way to die. Exploding.

Dude 1-Dude! Avery's dead!
Dude2-OMG?? That sucks! How'd she die?
Dude1-She exploded.
Dude-That sucks but compleatly rocks at the same time.
 St. Jimmy
09-03-2006, 4:31 AM
1.KNOWING your being hunted down in a house and then killed.

2.Drowning.

3.Starving.

4.Heat Exhaustion.

*Shudder*
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-03-2006, 3:08 PM
I dunno about how I wouldn't want to die, but I always thought it'd be badass to go down in a hail of gunfire. But I suppose I wouldn't want to be pushed from a plane and drown on the way down. Or something.
 Samnmax221
09-03-2006, 3:15 PM
Getting pushed out of plane wouldn't be so bad, just aim for somebodies sky-light, certain to freak somebody out.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Oh God yes, burning and drowning are the polar opposites in terms of how you can die, and both are horrible. As soon as you watch a crime-drama of any sort, you then realize that being murdered would be an awful way to go too. Especially with a knife, that just has to be very painful. And starving would suxalot too.

In a hail of gunfire eh? Depends. If it's for your country and you were noble, I wouldn't mind that much. If it was a gang-war, then hell no. Unfortunately, no one ever seems to die in their sleep from senioriety anymore. I was watching Discovery channel and it said you are far more likely to die from cancer than old-age.
 KingCheez
09-04-2006, 1:19 AM
All these sound really fun, maybe because doing dangerous has suddenly excited me.

Jumping out of a plane, for example. It's the sheer terror and then it's all black. Crazy awesome!

Going out in a gunfight. I would gladly get in a gang fight and bust some caps if I knew it was the end.

Being eaten? Well, a bit painful I'll admit, but pain is fleeting.

Burning would be nice and toasty after you get used to it, like a really hot shower.

Drowning is so terrifying it's almost entertaining.

Bees. A bit worse but still great!

I'm afraid of just slowly slipping away painfully from a horrible disease and making everyone feel cold and depressed. Or being in intensive care and just staring out emotionlessly for years.
 DarthAve
09-04-2006, 1:52 AM
I just watched The Passion of Joan of Arc, and HOLY SH*T, burning at the stake looks hella painful.
 St. Jimmy
09-04-2006, 10:00 AM
I wonder how I'm actually going to die. Probably from a car accident or doing something stupid to get thrills. Then again there's allways fireworks. And if all that fails I'll probably die in cams.
 Poopdogjr
09-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, that statistic about being far more likely to die from cancer then old age is sort of depressing. What a bummer.

I still think burning would be horrible. Maybe you would get used to it like a hot shower, like someone was saying. But I'd rather not find that out for myself.

I think falling from a really high height or jumping out of a plane would be bad too. You have all that time to think and realize you're going to die and there's not a thing you could do to stop it. Plus, it would proabably hurt real bad when you hit the ground.

Being eaten? Yea, that would proabably suck too. I would imagine those teeth/claws would hurt ALOT.

Really there isn't that many good ways to go. I guess going down in a hail of gunfire might be neat, or maybe being hit by an atomic bomb or something. Maybe if you got to go back in time, and get eaten by a dinosaur? Being the first, and most likely only human being to be killed and eaten by a dino might be remembered highly. But no-one would know about it.
 Davinq
10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I hate to revive such an old thread, but...

Smallpox.
 Ray Jones
10-10-2006, 3:39 AM
Painful or not, it doesn't really matter. I think the worst part of the most frightening ways to die is when you know you're gonna die and there's nothing you can do about it, like you broke your back and cannot move and you got ants all over, eating you.
It gets even worse when, while you're dying sloooooowly, you know it's all just a damn stupid mistake you just made.
 Smon
10-10-2006, 3:44 AM
Freddy's Dead made me fear Q-tips as a way of death.

Plus the absolute worst way to die would be to jump in a pool and the second you got to the bottom, someone poured oil over the top and lit it on fire. And if you did get out, a big dude just punched you in the face and shoved you back in. (http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/302922)

"GET BACK IN THE FIREY WATER!"
 Davinq
10-12-2006, 12:15 AM
How grim.

I actually think the worst way to die would to have failed at something righteous, and to face inescapable death as a result. Failure would be the worst way to go.
 St. Jimmy
10-17-2006, 8:14 AM
Death by Chillie Peppers! *shudder*
 TSR
10-17-2006, 9:16 AM
Fire. Being burned is a horrible way to go. Great when you are already dead ( i would like to get burned on an open funeral pyre) But i don't want to be alive and feeling it. I also wouldnt want to die from a medium-small height. Because you wouldnt get the time to do all them cool stunts that you could were you falling from a plane ;)
 DylanMay
10-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Freezing.
 DarthAve
10-17-2006, 5:12 PM
Falling off a cliff like the criminal in The Hounds of Baskerville.

Holmes-"OMFG! IT'S MY NEIGHBOR D00D, THE CONVICT!!"
Watson-"GHASP! DAMN YOU STAPLETON!!!!!!"
 Davinq
10-17-2006, 6:19 PM
Ave is back!? YAY!
 Psychochaos3
10-17-2006, 7:16 PM
impalement. That few seconds of pain is just too much.

I prefer to die quickly and painlessly.
 St. Jimmy
10-19-2006, 12:57 AM
What about being chewed to death by a person? Eew. It's even worse than being eaten by an animal.
 DarthAve
11-08-2006, 5:49 PM
Since when do you care, Davinq.

Considering the amount of Six Feet Under Ive been watching, death is on my mind.

Way's I'd perfer not to die.
-SIDS (Though impossible for me to die of now.)
-AIDS
-hanged
-dropped from a building
-beaten to death
-being eaten by a giant hellhound
-falling into some kind of vat and being chopped into a stew of flesh, innards, and blood.
-Being hung by the PHANTOM!!
-getting hit by a train
-drowned in a toilet
-internal bleeding
-tooth decay
-cancer
 Samnmax221
11-08-2006, 7:09 PM
-AIDS

Stay out of the pool
 itchythesamurai
11-08-2006, 7:15 PM
Alone comes to mind foremost for terror.
 St. Jimmy
11-08-2006, 8:54 PM
Actually, I changed my mind. Death by Wasabi would be worse.
 BigBad
11-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a lot of nightmares like this so I have a lot.

Being burned in a fire while trying to say a family member.
Drowning.
Being blown up by a bomb.
Falling from a building.
Falling in an elevator.
Falling into a hole or something during an earthquake
Being boiled alive.
 DarthAve
11-09-2006, 6:00 PM
You know what would suck?

Dying from eating that puffer fish that if they cook it wrong, you'll be poisoned.
 St. Jimmy
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
That'd more of piss me off than anything.
 Miss_Mayhem
11-11-2006, 12:06 AM
*Feeds Jimmy poisonous pufferfish sushi* Are you feeling only pissed off?
 St. Jimmy
11-11-2006, 12:22 AM
*while seizuring on the floor* "Y-y-yyyy-yy-yyess,s,sss...."
 Miss_Mayhem
11-11-2006, 12:56 AM
*cures Jimmy* I saved your life, you owe me your soul.
 St. Jimmy
11-11-2006, 12:58 AM
You owe me advertising sapce.
 Miss_Mayhem
11-11-2006, 1:02 AM
... fine ... what do you want?
 St. Jimmy
11-11-2006, 1:03 AM
*rubbs hands* Jimmy waz 'ere
 Miss_Mayhem
11-11-2006, 1:07 AM
...gah! There, Happy now!?

Yay! 800th post!
 St. Jimmy
11-11-2006, 1:09 AM
Ha! Yes! You are t3h awesomest! And I am part of your sig!
 DarthAve
11-11-2006, 2:16 AM
I wanna be in your sig too!!
 St. Jimmy
11-11-2006, 3:56 AM
You didn't buy the advertising space at an auction...
 drunkymonkey
11-11-2006, 5:50 AM
Being pushed out of a plane with no parachute. I mean, I know I'd be killed instantly, but still...
Not until you hit the ground.

Personally, I'd rather die (har!) than getting my head cut off.
Page: 1 of 2