Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Selectable Malak's PC Head - Reskin of PMHA03

Page: 1 of 1
 Kainzorus Prime
09-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Author:
Don Kain

Mod Name:
Selectable Malak's PC head - Reskin of PMHA03.

Pcgamemods Link (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18881.html)
Filefront Link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Selectable_Malaks_PC_head_Reskin_of_PMHA03;68929)

Under NO circumstances is this, or any of my other,
mod(s) to be posted on ANY site other than by myself.

1. Info
=========
This mod adds Malak's head as selectable PC to your game.
However, as neither of Jedi Malak or Darth Malak's heads could be cut off from their bodies
without messing facial animations, this is aletered and skinned Bald Asian head (PMHA03). The head comes with dark side transitions, and on personal note - best useable with Inyri Forge's mod "Darth Malak's Jawpiece"

2. Installation
=========

its easy, in fact if you are reading this, then you are half way there already..
Now click the install button, and point it to your SwKotOR folder.
Installer will modify existing files, so you don't have to worry about compatibilty.

3. Un-Installing
=========

Delete the following files from your override directory (You can bring back previous states of files that were modified during instalation, they are in "backup" folder).

heads.2da
portraits.2da
appearance.2da
pmhm01.mdx
pmhm01.mdl
PMHM01.tga
PMHM01d.tga
PMHM01d1.tga
PMHM01d2.tga
PMHM01d3.tga
PO_PMHM1.tga
PO_PMHM1d.tga
PO_PMHM1d1.tga
PO_PMHM1d2.tga
PO_PMHM1d3.tga

4. Credits:
===========
Stoffe - For creation of TSL Patcher

Lord LaForge - His altered Bald Asian head was used as base of the mod.

Holowan Laboratories - For all the great resources.

5. DISCLAIMER:
===============

This Mod is not supported by LucasArts or Bioware.
Please do not contact them for support of this mod.

Copyright:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, characters, items, etc. are trademarks
and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Bioware and the Odyysey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp.

All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
 Ghost Down
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Yee-haw!

*downloads*

EDIT: There is a slight problem with the installer. It doesn't alter my
Appearance.2da :(

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I sorted it out..Its all working now :)

- Ghost Down
 Inyri
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Excellent job! Definitely going in my override folder.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Selectable_Malaks_PC_head_Reskin_of_PMHA03;68925) Here's your FileFront link as well. :)
 stoffe
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
its easy, in fact if you are reading this, then you are half way there already..
Now click the install button, and point it to your SwKotOR folder.
Installer will modify existing files, so you don't have to worry about compatibilty.

Actually, the way it has been configured for your mod it will not. :) It will copy heads.2da, portraits.2da and appearance.2da to the override folder unless they already exist there. If they already exist it will skip them entirely. It has not been set up to modify existing files. You've added the 2DAs to the 2DA files section, but you haven't set any instructions for what should be done with those files, so nothing is done. I've attached a version of the config file below that does update existing files instead. :)

(You can use the 2DA compare button in ChangeEdit to create instructions for your new lines automatically, then you'll only need to handle the portraits<-->appearance<-->heads.2da linking with tokens manually.)

Anyway, the head is looking very good. If I ever decide to play KotOR1 again I might have to find some use for it. :)
 Kainzorus Prime
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Actually, the way it has been configured for your mod it will not. :) It will copy heads.2da, portraits.2da and appearance.2da to the override folder unless they already exist there. If they already exist it will skip them entirely. It has not been set up to modify existing files. You've added the 2DAs to the 2DA files section, but you haven't set any instructions for what should be done with those files, so nothing is done. I've attached a version of the config file below that does update existing files instead. :)

(You can use the 2DA compare button in ChangeEdit to create instructions for your new lines automatically, then you'll only need to handle the portraits<-->appearance<-->heads.2da linking with tokens manually.)

Anyway, the head is looking very good. If I ever decide to play KotOR1 again I might have to find some use for it. :)

Heh, I knew i would make some mistake when configuring installer...

Nevertheless, ill update it in few moments.

And thanks for link Inyri, added it to original post.
 Inyri
09-01-2006, 2:35 PM
When you update it let me or Shem know and we'll update our version as well. :)
 Kainzorus Prime
09-01-2006, 2:38 PM
Ive already sent confirmation, entitled "Malak's PC Head Installer fix".
 Inyri
09-01-2006, 2:50 PM
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Selectable_Malaks_PC_head_Reskin_of_PMHA03;68929)

Okay! What I've done is rather than adding a new version I've deleted the original and replaced it with this one, so you can put this link in the first post instead.

I'll make sure I get the mask updated not to clip with that head for you, too.
 Kainzorus Prime
09-01-2006, 3:22 PM
All done.
 NickBEC
09-17-2006, 9:07 PM
I have always wanted to actually fufill Malak's question of what would happen were Revan's and Malak's appearance reversed.

This means that for my own personal use, all I have to do is mod the UTCs of Malak to resemble Revan and possibly change a few dialoge's between Revan and Malak and then their positions will truly be reversed. Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1