Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

/RCON STATUS Difficulties

Page: 1 of 1
 270F
08-30-2006, 1:01 PM
This has been bothering me for a while, and no matter what I do it all comes down to guessing. Up till now I have been using /serverstatus to collect my client numbers for kicking and what not. This works great for a while. Then after playing, people disconnect and reconnect, replacing client numbers. The problem is, serverstatus gets the numbers but holds them 0-11. No room for empty slots. I am finding it is innacurate because and empty slot my exist and will throw off the Numbers in /serverstatus. For instance lets say the server was full, to client 11 the /serverstatus will be accurate. As soon as client 4 (or any client excl. client 11) disconnects serverstatus will number the clients from 0-10 without leaving the client number space for client 4, leaving you guessing whos who. I can handle people without spaces in their name because of RCON UNLIMITED displaying EXACT names. But when a space occurs in a name, I am screwed because it thinks its 2 DIFFERENT variables. Example: Mr. T: /kick Mr. T the response would be: player Mr. is not on the server, it ignores the fact that I included T. So if anyone can help me with the /rcon status problem It would be greatly appreciated. The problem is: No clients show up when I rcon status. A textual example of what shows up is:
]\rcon status
rcon
rconAddress
rconPassword
]\rcon status
map: ffa_bespin
num score ping name lastmsg address qport rate
--- ----- ---- ------------------ ------- ----------------- ------ ----
0 30 150

And thats it. If I rcon status very repetitively I can get maybe one IP and the numbers will occasionally show up. This will never yield a full list, like some of my fellow admins can attain. This is preventing me from doing my job, and I would appriciate any help. I am a experienced user, and programmer, so any methods are valid.

Any further clarifications of this problem will be provided.

Thanks
 Kurgan
09-04-2006, 9:38 PM
Without any mods running (that might mess with rcon), you should get a full list. You can use pageup/pagedown to scan through the console buffer to see everything.

\rcon status will give you everthing, everyone that is there. I'm not sure I understand what's going on.

I never kick by name. It's a waste of time. I simply kick by client number with clientkick # (and via the client number in \rcon status, not /serverstatus).
 270F
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I've tried, and believe me I want the Client Numbers to work for me they, however, do not.

Like I said, /rcon status does not breed a full list contrary to what some admins can recieve. Me and about 2 more admins have this problem. This problem is not based on my incompetence or computer illiteracy, it is probably a network issue. I have a router, and a firewall which have both been removed as disabled, to yield no full list.
I just cannot manage to attain anyones name or client number. It is a nuisence.
 jedi-Guard
09-25-2006, 2:52 AM
Ill might can answer alittle, but cant promise anything.
I dont beleave its a network issue, but i do beleave its some short of a scripting error.
You need to investigate the server.cfg + maybe other *.cfg or files too, i cant answer on which one, since i use a none mode server.
Page: 1 of 1