Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

question regarding the new TIES

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Eradicator
08-30-2006, 5:40 AM
I looked at the description of the TIE interceptor and it says "replaces the aging TIE fighter. Does that mean the original TIE fighters will be removedfrom FOC and be replaced by the new onces? or are we going to be able to upgrade these TIES at a certain Tech level ? likein Tech3 there would be a "upgrade TIES" upgrade ?
 Darth Anarch
08-30-2006, 6:48 AM
I doubt that the regular TIEs will be removed from the game. It's more likely that the Interceptors will become unlocked at tech level 3 or 4, and from then on either your Star Destroyers will produce those instead of regular TIEs, or you'll be able to build them for credits like the Rebels do their starfighters.
 PoiuyWired
08-30-2006, 5:41 PM
Well, technically the normal Ties are never "replaced" by other models, Though there are a bit of upgrades done to them.

Well, sure the interceptors are more powerful, but regular ties give you the feel of the battle more.

Now I wish they would have secreat easteregg-ish ties showing up once in a while though, like the famous "Bow"s.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
08-30-2006, 5:44 PM
The regular TIE fighters will remain. The higher tech level Imperial ships (Victory, ISD, Executor, Arc Hammer) will gain Interceptors as replacements to their normal TIEs. "Older" ships like the Acclamator will keep the normal TIE fighters.
 Cosmos Jack
09-02-2006, 6:49 PM
The regular TIE fighters will remain. The higher tech level Imperial ships (Victory, ISD, Executor, Arc Hammer) will gain Interceptors as replacements to their normal TIEs. "Older" ships like the Acclamator will keep the normal TIE fighters.

Darth_Torpid-PG
Is there any possibility that it could be made so the player can command the fighters to launch instead of having them do so automatically.

I always thought it would have been nice to make the Imperial fighters like the rebellion, but be able to place them in Ships like a troop transports. So drag and drop fighter squadrons on a SSD until all its slots are full. This way if you wanted a ship to carry all bombers and one to carry all Fighters you could do so. Same with AT-ATs and Stormtroopers.

Being able to call units at the right time would be a plus. Having them auto-spawn into a fleet of Corellian Corvettes and getting mowed away then running out of them isn’t cool.

Just a thought
thanks
 Darth_Torpid-PG
09-05-2006, 2:05 PM
While it's a good idea, it's not something that will likely make it into the expansion (since we're literally only weeks away from release). I will keep it in mind for future games.
 Cosmos Jack
09-05-2006, 2:16 PM
It is something I have tried to mod in myself, but with little luck. Maybe for the next game or maybe with the expansion it will be easier to jerry rig. lol

thx
Page: 1 of 1