Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's the scariest thing that has ever happend to you?

Page: 1 of 2
 Poopdogjr
08-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, my friend and I were reminiscing about the good old days and we got to talking about the scariest things that had happend to us.

I've narrowed my list down and I'm tied between:
-The time I feel off a car, and my head would just not stop bleeding.
-When I got bit in the face by a dog and got 40 stitches.

Anyone else have scary, or even freaky, or funny stories to share?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-23-2006, 12:23 AM
When I took a right turn at like 40 MPH in the rain like 2 or 3 weeks after I got my license and hydroplaned out of control. Fortunately I regained control and nothing happened.
 Poopdogjr
08-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Geez, that must have sucked.
 milo
08-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I almost killed myself a few weeks ago on vacation. I was staying at my grandparents cabin on lake Coer d'Alene up in Idaho. One day there was this big yacht headed up the St. Joseph river, so of course I thought it'd be awesome to jump the wake on my jet ski. I was cruisin' back and forth, but on one pass I got a little too close, and almost landed on the prop. I swear, it missed my head by an inch. I **** myself and rode back to the dock after that.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-23-2006, 1:18 AM
New scariest thing evar: I was just watching House season 2 on DVD and FOREMAN is HOUSE'S BOSS now. WOTTHE****ISGOINGON?!?!?!?!?

OSHIOMIGAWD good it's only for 3 weeks.
 pyrohappygirl
08-23-2006, 2:07 AM
The scariest thing for me was when someone jumped on top of me whilst I was swimming and I nearly drowned. Also abseiling. Gotta remember abseiling.
 Smon
08-23-2006, 5:20 AM
The scariest thing for me was when someone jumped on top of me whilst I was swimming and I nearly drowned. Also abseiling. Gotta remember abseiling.
The exact thing happened to me once.

But the scariest thing ever for me, was this freaky-ass dream where I was getting out of bed (I was five, keep that in mind) walking towards the stairs and I saw this horrible squirrel sitting at the bottom of the stairs, just staring at me. I stared back for a few seconds before it started running up the stairs with a horrible aura of doom, I ran to bed and jumped under the covers, next thing I know I'm awake and screaming my little head off.
 St. Jimmy
08-23-2006, 6:14 AM
Yeah, I nearly drowned too. I was at the pool with these people I know and some of the more dip-****ty ones thought it would be fun to drown me. I swear I almost died. And on the dream note, Once, (I also, was little when I had this dream.) in this dream I was walking around the house which was also someone else's house (depending on how my brain felt like dreaming) and my family and friends just started freakin' out and goin' wierd and attacking things. They never actually attacked me but my dad did start to come at me with a crowbar...
 Paranoidish
08-23-2006, 7:20 AM
The scariest thing to happen to me was also the wierdest.

I was at the Six Flags Hurrican Harbour with my friends and decided to go on the waterslide. Of course, it had to be the biggest one there. So when I get up, I slipped on the water, fell over the slide and just managed to grab an overhanging bar. (This was an open-faced slide.) Obviously I was freaking out at this point because I could have easily fell one hundred feet down to my doom. Thankfully, though, one of the employees noticed and (even though he was only five pounds heavier than me - I barely make it over one hundred) pulled me back up.

After that I went down the slide - pretty boring and hurt a lot.
 Smon
08-23-2006, 7:27 AM
That does sound scary.

...though I figured one named "Paranoidish" would have bigger fears and examples, but to each their own.

And, duh it was boring, you just nearly fell to your doom, a lame water slide isn't gonna be a thrill.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 12:12 PM
i haven't had alot of "scary happenings"
 Poopdogjr
08-23-2006, 2:37 PM
The scariest thing to happen to me was also the wierdest.

I was at the Six Flags Hurrican Harbour with my friends and decided to go on the waterslide. Of course, it had to be the biggest one there. So when I get up, I slipped on the water, fell over the slide and just managed to grab an overhanging bar. (This was an open-faced slide.) Obviously I was freaking out at this point because I could have easily fell one hundred feet down to my doom. Thankfully, though, one of the employees noticed and (even though he was only five pounds heavier than me - I barely make it over one hundred) pulled me back up.

After that I went down the slide - pretty boring and hurt a lot.

That's like a big fear of mine. Amusement parks are great places, but they could be so dangerous. Falling off a ride like a roller coaster or something like that is always at the back of your mind when your one on. Freaky stuff.
 Pho3nix
08-23-2006, 3:29 PM
i haven't had alot of "scary happenings"

Then why bother to post?

My scariest was probably as a kid when I thought I saw gray E.T jumping up and down from a tree, that was some disturbing ****.
I've also had some close calls with cars when riding downhill with my bike really fast at an intersection.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 4:19 PM
Then why bother to post?

My scariest was probably as a kid when I thought I saw gray E.T jumping up and down from a tree, that was some disturbing ****.
I've also had some close calls with cars when riding downhill with my bike really fast at an intersection.
those r a few of the "scary" things that have happened

in fact i almost got ranover by a semi a few weeks ago
 KingCheez
08-23-2006, 4:42 PM
Usually it's paranoia. Yep. Boring. But one time, I kid you not, there was a spider the size of my hand crawling around on the wall of the bathroom. I went in to take a dump and all of a sudden HOLY ****ING **** JESUS ****ING CHRIST IT'S A ****ING SPIDER HOLY **** WHAT IS THAT WHY IS IT SO HUGE OH GOD CRY CRY

I ran out of there yelling my head off and made my mom go massacre it.

arachnophobia suxorz
 Miss_Mayhem
08-23-2006, 5:09 PM
True that. Spiders suxalot. The waterslide? That'd be enough to wean me from waterslides and waterparks forevurz. i cant really go on rides myself seeing as I'm so thin (No, being skinny is not fun at all). I once went on a rollercoaster ~not big mind you. but still~ and I had to hang onto the flippin bars that are supposed to hold you down real tight so I wouldn't slip through and fall out of the cart.

Also, there was the time when I was 5-6 and we lived in a different house. One night I was sleeping, then I heard a really loud crash in the kitchen, like a messload of pots and pans had fallen from the cupboards. I got up all scared, grabbed a little flaslight in my drawer and left my room to look. I went into the kitchen and it looked perfectly clean. I opened the cupbards where the metal pans and stuff where kept an everything was in it's place. That scared the s*** out of me. And just recently I learned the old house was haunted D:
 zelda 41
08-23-2006, 6:20 PM
I've seen ghosts before.

Story time!!!!

Once, when I spent the night at my friend Maddie's house, we thought it would be fun to have a sayonce. So we went to her giant bathroom and me, her and two other friends went to sit down. She lit a candle, said all the crazy stuff, and suddenly, my friend Alisa was pushed into the bathroom, and the water started to run on it's own!!
We were all in shock and scared, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man dressed in 1950's clothes but his eye's were completly black.

We went down to her basement to watch The Grudge and to go to bed, but we heard an earpiecing screech out of the boiler room in her basement. We went to see what it was, and it was the guy. There was another ghost that he was strangling. He didn't notice us so we ran upstairs, got her parents, but when we came back, no one was there.

I swear I'm so paranoid from that.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 6:42 PM
yeah when i was 6 or 7 was still scared of the dark a litte and looked up while in bed and saw a man in my closet. and then he wasen't there.
i'm serious it scared the living crap out of me
 DarthAve
08-23-2006, 7:21 PM
mine is a tie.

1. When I got lost from my friends at Ceder Point. They went ot ride Maxair and I wanted to ride on this little boat thing. They were tight next to eachother so it was cool. I was too tall so I looked for them in line and I couldn't find them. I started freakign out and when I went back to the boat thing, they were right there. I was all crying and sh*t.
2. This 4th of july, my mom was letting my light fireworks and crap like that. We had these crappy sparkelers that basically burned for 10 seconds and were really just a smoke bomb on a stick. 1 could do some damage for like a few seconds, so I decided to light 4 at a time. I almost sufficated and everything I ate the rest of the night tasted like pepper.
 Paranoidish
08-23-2006, 7:31 PM
That does sound scary.

...though I figured one named "Paranoidish" would have bigger fears and examples, but to each their own.

And, duh it was boring, you just nearly fell to your doom, a lame water slide isn't gonna be a thrill.

Interestingly enough, I've continued to go year after year to the same waterpark on the same slide. I guess I just don't learn...do I?

That's like a big fear of mine. Amusement parks are great places, but they could be so dangerous. Falling off a ride like a roller coaster or something like that is always at the back of your mind when your one on. Freaky stuff.

I've had another instance of a near-death experiance with a rollercoaster. Anyone ever hear of "The Runaway Train"? Well, it was the year that I was finally able to ride it due to a sudden growth spurt. But just barely. So I was riding it with my friend when all of the sudden the thing swerves over this dirty lake. Since we were both holding on to the bars just to stay on (the bar was nowhere near our knees) it was really difficult to not end up falling out of the ride and into the water. My friends grip was starting to loosen and she actually let go and started to lean way out over the water. Thankfully I grabbed her before anything really major happened.

Wow. I'm suprised I'm still such a rollercoaster afficionado with such scary experiances in my childhood.
 DarthAve
08-23-2006, 7:41 PM
I love rollar coasters. Again with the Ceder Point stories, My friend Matt's older brother was hanging out with us, and he was scared of SkyHawk, it's liek a penjalum but it swings back and fourth, because it didn't have shoulder restraints. And then afterword, he wanted to ride it again it was so cool.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 7:42 PM
where is ceder point?
 milo
08-23-2006, 7:49 PM
where is ceder point?
Ohio. It's a ****ing awesome park, too.
 DarthAve
08-23-2006, 7:51 PM
way up by Lake Erie in Ohio. It's well known for having some of the tallest rollar coasters in the world. Like Milennium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster.
 90SK
08-23-2006, 7:57 PM
I used to have the occasional night terror when I was a little kid. I don't remember enough details to accurately describe any of them, but I do recall lots of crying and screaming after the fact.

In regards to real events: one night last September I was really hankering for a Coca-Cola, and it was about 2:30 AM, and there's a machine two blocks from where I live, so I set off and got one. When I did, I decided to walk to the nearby park because it was very pretty out and I thought I might enjoy it. However, when I was there, I noticed a police officer patrolling the streets. Remember, at this point it was around 2:45 AM, and I'm getting pretty cold. He started to walk towards me. I was petrified: he asked me what I was doing out so late and I stammered something about getting a soda. After a brief and awkward conversation with lots of stuttering and shivering, he bid me goodnight and I ran home.
 zelda 41
08-23-2006, 9:26 PM
I'm like the only one here whos scared of roller coasters D:
 Miss_Mayhem
08-23-2006, 10:27 PM
No, I'm your sister in in roller-coaster fear as well. The restraints dont go down enough, so I can slip between the restraints and fall out. I've actually been banned from rides by the people who seat you, even though I'd waiting forevurz in a line and there was nothing in the rules saying I couldn't go on for that reason. But they had a good point there and I dont even try anymore.
 Halo_92
08-23-2006, 10:50 PM
oh i haven't been back eastt since i was like 5.
washington sux no theme parks
except from Six Flags Wild Waves /Enchanted Village
 Poopdogjr
08-27-2006, 2:10 PM
I feel that I must pose a question that has bothered scholars and scientists alike for nearly a millenium.

What is scarier.......?

-Bees
or
-Spiders

I vote spiders. Spiders are scary to me because you never know when or where they could pop up. In your bed, on your ceiling, in your car, in your shoe. Anywhere. And theyre freaky and nasty.

At least with bees you can hear them coming. But thatcan be sort of psychologically scary, becaue as soon as you hear that buzzing noise, you react. And usually they are only outside.

I could go on and on. Anyone else agree/disagree?
 Princess_Dark
08-27-2006, 2:19 PM
Spiders=AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 Smon
08-27-2006, 2:51 PM
Bees for me. Spiders do have the element of surprise, but you're more likely to survive it. Bees however attack in a swarm which is just horrible, that and removing the thorn is really creepy.
 DarthAve
08-27-2006, 2:55 PM
Spiders and Bee's can go die. The scariest bug is Praying Mantis's. They seriously scare the sheep outta me.
 Psychochaos3
08-27-2006, 8:29 PM
Spiders and Bee's can go die. The scariest bug is Praying Mantis's. They seriously scare the sheep outta me.
They can't harm a person at all. There jaws are to small and those arm things can't do anything to everything over 17 cm. I kept one as a pet once. I trained it to fight against other mantises. To bad it lost and got eaten. It was a good thing I bet one the other one. Most bees aren't voilent enough to kill someone, but Africanized killer bees are. I'm not that scared of spiders.

The scariest thing that has ever happened to me was puberty. but I found a way to counter act it. By playing violent video games and drinking massive amounts of kool-aid.
 Spookty
08-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Eh,I don't know about scary,but the CREEPIEST thing that ever happened to me was when I was at my cousin's house.It was pretty late,and dark and stuff,and we were makin' stuff with legos.Then we hear this sound like someone's trying to opent he window from outside and we both freaked out.
 Halo_92
08-28-2006, 1:12 PM
They both suck.

I mean my little sister got bit by a spider two weeks ago in her bed by TWO different spiders and a coupla years ago she got stung by three bees in the same place and on the same time!

Is she just unlucky?
 Poopdogjr
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Bees and Spiders have worked out some nasty treaty where one species picks a certain human being and that species focuses all its attention on making that that certain person's life crappy.

They have all sorts of lists and stuff worked out. I saw them coming out of Kinko's once. Maybe your sister was put on both lists accidentally?
 Halo_92
08-29-2006, 1:18 PM
suxs for her.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-29-2006, 1:39 PM
When I was little, like 6, I got stung by a spider on my arm. It got all red and swollen and suktalot. But bees...we got them africanized bees here in SoCal...
 Halo_92
08-29-2006, 2:12 PM
yep they suck bad

*flasback to cali*

Oh sorry.
 St. Jimmy
09-01-2006, 4:49 AM
Untill I moved here I had never been stung by a bee and then one day my friend and I are in my pool and I'm telling how I'd never been stung by a bee before and he sees this bee on the edge of the pool and FLICKS IT AT ME!!! Now here's the wierd part... It's like the bee had been training it's whole life for this one moment because, AS IT FLEW PAST MY ARM it stung me. It didn't land then sting. It stung on the way past.
And then this other time, I was walking (barefoot on the grass) to the letterbox (with the same friend) and SOMEHOW I managed to step on a bee WHILE IT WAS LAYING ASS-IN-AIR STINGER UP!!!!! the bastard stung my foot.
 Poopdogjr
09-03-2006, 1:29 AM
I like the part about the bee training his while life for that one moment. What a jerk.
 Poopdogjr
10-26-2006, 2:50 PM
I also thought it'd bee (deliciously pun based on old topic) neat to revive this thread and tell eachother about scary expierences. I can't think off the top of my head what the scariest thing to ever happen to me was. Hmmm. I did have this scary dream once about a tree that told me how I was going to die. It was so freaky it actually woke me up in the middle of the night. And that almost never happens to me. Any other scary happenings?
 St. Jimmy
10-27-2006, 9:45 PM
Once I watched a Tellietubbies episode. I swear to you, they're psychotic.
 Mace MacLeod
10-28-2006, 8:17 PM
Sitting in the passenger seat of a 5.0 Mustang watching my stoned friend tried to figure out how to operate a stick shift while the crazed 200lb drug dealer who owned the car was running down the street after us firing a handgun. Nothing was scarier than the little *pop* *pop* *pop* noises the bullets made as they went through rear window then the windshield. One of the highlights of a misspent youth. Stay away from drugs and gangs, kids...
 St. Jimmy
10-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Once, I was riding my push-bike back from the shop. Riding... riding...Booooring.. let's go faster! So I stand up and pedal to get more speed. I'm beginning to get pretty damn fast when, AHHHH!!! ALL AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT!!!! (no joke this all happened at the exact same time!) SAME MOMENT! THE HANLDE BARS WENT LOOSE! (flinging forward) A PEDAL SNAPPED OFF! (killing my foot-hold on the bike) AND THE SEAT WENT LOOSE AND JUST FACED STRAIGHT DOWN!!!!(making it impossible for me to sit on the bike) So I'm still flying along while all this happened. I'm trying to lean on one pedal while keeping the bike balanced and upright while I'm standing up. Also, I'm rapidly approaching a T-junction with a gutter. Alas, there was nothing I could do to stop myself. Straight into the gutter and over the handle-bars.
 Das Mole
10-29-2006, 4:57 PM
well..the scariest thing that's ever happened to me?

one day, i showed up at this place called "razputin's domain".

end of story.
 TSR
10-29-2006, 5:32 PM
ouch.
Knocked myself out once trying to get the biggest air of a dirt jump course in the woods in my village. It wa going well, until the pegs on my bmx caught the side of the jump. I woke up several minutes later with the end of a snapped brake lever lodged in my waste. It hurt. And i didnt even break the record :(
 Samnmax221
10-29-2006, 5:37 PM
Lets see there was front ending that delivery truck back in September. It's about a month and a half now, the ****ing insurance company finally got done screwing me over. Of course ot was bad enough that they wanted to give me $1500 less then my truck was worth, now the post office is taking ****ing forever to get the check here. Now I'm going to get screwed with some damn front wheel drive car, cause I can't have a Crown Vic "Cause they don't go well in the snow".
 Miss_Mayhem
10-29-2006, 6:39 PM
Huh, it seems that I haven't nearly died as much as any of you.
 TSR
11-03-2006, 9:30 AM
There was also that time when i got snagged on a rock whilst diving in tenerife once. oxygen tank got dangerously low, and in the end i just had to cut off and leave it. Thats was bloody scary, especially when visibility was about 6-ft. Any mofo sea monster could have had a bite at me, but you don't think about that really.
Page: 1 of 2