Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem loading game

Page: 1 of 1
 ee3052
08-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I just bought swbf2 this afternoon and i put disc 1 in my computer and it wasnt loading it...so finally after the 1000th time it read it and i installed it fine. so this evening i go to play the game and it says "instert disc 1" so i put disc one in and click retry and it still says "insert disc 1" its really annoying and no matter what i do it keeps saying that. I've been reading these threads for at least 1 and a half hours...im really getting annoyed, if some one had any idea on how to fix it, that would be awesome. thanks
 StarWarsPhreak
08-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds to me it's your CD-Drive, not the game. Are you sure your PC meets the minimum specs? Have you tried cleaning the optical lens with one of those cleaning CDs?

When I was having problems reading DVDs, I put the CD cleaning disc in, and after it ran, everything worked fine.
 ee3052
08-19-2006, 11:21 AM
thats a good idea, thanks. How much are one of those discs? i assume you could just buy it at best buy or something?
 StarWarsPhreak
08-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I bought mine at BestBuy for about 15-20 dollars. When I ran it, there was a good bit of dust on the disc, and when I ran it a second time, there was little dust. I was actually suprised at how much dust there was.
 ee3052
08-21-2006, 4:46 PM
ok...so i got this cd cleaner thing and its called "Memorex CD/DVD Laser Lens Cleaner" it has these little brushes on it, there are six of them. I ran it twice, and i put swbf2 in and when i clicked start game on the menu that pops up when you play, it still says "Please insert disc 1". I don't know it that was the right cd cleaner thing i got. I know that my computer meets all the requirments. The game works on my other computer, but it is newer.
Page: 1 of 1