Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Crashing

Page: 1 of 1
 bocochoco
08-18-2006, 9:10 PM
The game crashes and gives me a "Star Wars: Empire at War has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." things.

I read thru other posts on the forum, and have already tried everything.

DirectX is up to date, as well as my motherboard drivers and video drivers (just reinstalled winxp). Patched up to v1.5 as well.

Comp specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
1024MB Corsair XMS DDR400
2x Nvidia 7600GT in SLI (game still crashes with SLI disabled).
320GB Sata 3.0g non-raid
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Any ideas?
 DarthMaulUK
08-19-2006, 3:24 PM
If you have just re-installed Windows XP, did you also install Service pack 2? You will need to post your dxdiag.

Does the game do this during play, or just on start up?

DMUK
 bocochoco
08-19-2006, 9:10 PM
If you have just re-installed Windows XP, did you also install Service pack 2? You will need to post your dxdiag.

Does the game do this during play, or just on start up?

DMUK

Figured it out... I updated to service pack 2 and installed the AMD K8 drivers, the Dual Core optimizer, and some sort of AMD Dual Core fix for SP2. This started making windows crash every time it started up... that is until i disabled the SSPD service. A post in the kotor tech board helped me figure this out. It seems to have worked for eaw as well.

Link to post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167523)

edit: how unlikely that I would post on the same time as yesterday.. haha
Page: 1 of 1