Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 1 Racer

Page: 1 of 1
 Jamps
08-18-2006, 4:30 PM
Hey, any of you guys have Episode 1 Racer for the PC? I'd love to set up an online game some time. I was never really tried multiplayer before, but its pretty simple to set up. All you need to do is install IPX.

Pretty easy tutorial here - http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_install_additional_network_protocols_like) _ipx_or_netbeui.html

So anybody interested in playing?
 Diego Varen
08-18-2006, 5:46 PM
Hey, any of you guys have Episode 1 Racer for the PC? I'd love to set up an online game some time. I was never really tried multiplayer before, but its pretty simple to set up. All you need to do is install IPX.

Pretty easy tutorial here - http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_install_additional_network_protocols_like) _ipx_or_netbeui.html

So anybody interested in playing?

I do own Episode I Racer, but it doesn't work on my Computer. I've also never played Online. Sorry.
 darth_dub
09-07-2006, 3:59 AM
if i can get the game to work again (locked up one day and has not worked again) :blast5: i will gladly play. i'll try to reinstall it tomorrow.:)
 Cataflexia
04-12-2007, 6:07 PM
The Star Wars - Pod Racer have a problem with the new video cards. It shows a white screen when I enter a race to play.

I looking for some patch (Only exist for Mac) but Lucas Arts not have interest to give support to Pod Racer game and the Old Games less.

I love Pod Racer, but nobody help for the cause.

See ya! from Chile.
 Mil
08-06-2007, 12:49 PM
The Star Wars - Pod Racer have a problem with the new video cards. It shows a white screen when I enter a race to play.

I looking for some patch (Only exist for Mac) but Lucas Arts not have interest to give support to Pod Racer game and the Old Games less.

I love Pod Racer, but nobody help for the cause.

See ya! from Chile.

We had the same problem as you for many many years. But recently we found a patch for it that fixed it (for PC) :-D
You just go to lucasarts FTP ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/ download SWEP1RCR.EXE and replace it with the original... and voila... it works again :-D

I just need to get it to work online now... somehow... have really tried a lot now, and nothing so far works for me.

Best Regards from Denmark
 TripHammer
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I have Episode 1 racer. I never tried playing online. I'm willing to give it a shot. I love playing the game. When I try and go online it gives me the IPX error. I never tried beyond that. I figured the game was too old for there to be anyone who still wanted to go online and play anyway. I'll install the IPX... get a hold of me on xfire:

Edit:
I came across the white screen problem when I tried running the game again. The file referenced above at the Lucas files ftp site didn't work for me... I understood that XP had a problem running the "Episode 1: Racer" game. I've heard some solved the problem running the game in "98/ME compatibility mode". This didn't work for me either. It's prolly a combination of video and xp compatibility. I'll just have to enjoy the game on my OTHER machine.
 Jamps
11-15-2007, 2:27 PM
Sorry, I've been offline a while. Is anyone up for this? If you are, follow the tutorial in my first post and message me. I'm getting a game together soon. Hope to race you in the future.

Jamps
 Mil
11-15-2007, 6:13 PM
I came across the white screen problem when I tried running the game again. The file referenced above at the Lucas files ftp site didn't work for me... I understood that XP had a problem running the "Episode 1: Racer" game. I've heard some solved the problem running the game in "98/ME compatibility mode". This didn't work for me either. It's prolly a combination of video and xp compatibility. I'll just have to enjoy the game on my OTHER machine.

Did you try the "SWEP1RCR.EXE" file in the "International" folder as well? It is slightly larger in file size. Dont know what the difference is, but perhaps its worth a shot?
When I first used one of these patches from the ftp it made the white screen stop. Apparently I used the one in the ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/ directory, not the ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/International/

Anyway, let us know if one or the other makes a difference

~Mil
 Dr. Onuki
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd love to :D

We should make an arrangement... Time, date etc..
Page: 1 of 1