Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Issues with baseitems.2da

Page: 1 of 1
 Inyri
08-15-2006, 3:43 PM
I just got a laptop a couple weeks ago and I've noticed a strange error I'm getting when it comes to KotOR modding. It will not recognize basitems.2da at all, and mods that use it cause the game to crash. I know it's not a bad 2da file because I just tested the exact same file on my desktop and it works fine, which is what has me stumped.

When opening a uti in KotoR tool I get the following error:
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6659/1yh4.jpg)

The error sounds like there is no baseitems.2da at all, but it is indeed in my override folder.

After getting the uti open it colors the field and any additional items from baseitems are not available as a choice.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8418/2vh5.jpg)

I've gotten the entire mod working just fine on my desktop, but on the laptop it just outright refuses the acknowledge basitems.2da. Other 2da files are not a problem, as head mods and such work fine. I'm a bit at a loss, here. The laptop is a gateway, AMD Turion 64 x2 processor, and I believe it came with SP2 and .NET pre-installed. I would have to assume it has something to do with the laptop and not the game. Any ideas?
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2006, 3:53 PM
Have you checked the option in KotOR Tool to look up .2da's in your override? It's disabled initially (fresh install)...

If not, check the option, close KT, then re-open it :)
 Inyri
08-15-2006, 4:04 PM
Shem just asked me if you made me feel stupid yet. I got to wholeheartedly tell him YES! ;)

Edit: And yet the error persists...

Edit 2: Upon further inspection it did not correct the problem with the menu, but it did add the proper line in the drop down, so perhaps it did work.
 Shem
08-15-2006, 4:11 PM
Shem just asked me if you made me feel stupid yet. I got to wholeheartedly tell him YES! ;)In my defense, Inyri was worried about feeling stupid about what the answer would be and I just asked if she did when Chainz gave the answer. :p
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2006, 4:12 PM
Edit 2: Upon further inspection it did not correct the problem with the menu, but it did add the problem line in the drop down, so perhaps it did work.
Try this:

1) make sure the look in .2da option is checked.
2) Close out KT entirely
3) Re-Save both your .uti file & baseitem.2da (just to refresh the filedate)
4) Re-start KT..
 Inyri
08-15-2006, 4:15 PM
Well you know me, I'm good at complicating things :p.

In any case, oddly it seems KotOR Tool refused to fine the line in the first place, but after manually correcting it all seems to be well. That's kind of going to be a pain, though, if it keeps making me manually correct.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2006, 4:19 PM
Well you know me, I'm good at complicating things :p.

In any case, oddly it seems KotOR Tool refused to fine the line in the first place, but after manually correcting it all seems to be well. That's kind of going to be a pain, though, if it keeps making me manually correct.
It shouldn't.. but it kinda worries me that it's only showing new lines and not an entire list :confused:

Have you set your game directory paths within KT?

and don't worry about feeling silly, I came to answer because *I* did the exact same thing last week :headbump: hehehe...
 Inyri
08-15-2006, 4:50 PM
Oh well it is showing the entire list. It just wouldn't select the proper line in the UTI. I found it a bit strange, because on the desktop rather than getting all flustered it would just move to any ol' line it felt like if there was a 2DA conflict :p. Anyway, I'm sure I can figure out why this is doing this now, and if not I can live with this. I'm sure there's a reason, though.
Page: 1 of 1