Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ingame buddies list

Page: 1 of 1
 Relenzo2
08-14-2006, 2:13 PM
Sha-Kramm!

[this planet/message was destroyed at my request to the empire]

Hmmmm. first time I've had to undelete my message.

Does anyone know how you activate the in-game buddie lists?
 jackthorn
09-03-2007, 2:23 AM
This is something I've been wondering about, myself. The literature just says that you have to do it from the Player List while in the game, but when I go into the Player List while in-game, there are no options I can find to affect the Buddy List at all. If I hadn't gotten a couple of Buddy-List requests, then I'd think it was just a pretend feature... I'm not even entirely sure what it does in the first place.

Anyone know how to use the Buddy List?

J~TH
 jackthorn
09-21-2007, 1:56 PM
Anyone?

I recently came upon something that vaguely hinted that it might be something done within GameSpy only, and everyone involved has to have GameSpy...

J~TH
 jawathehutt
09-21-2007, 8:43 PM
Ive never bothered with it, I always just use xfire
 TripHammer
09-24-2007, 1:42 PM
While in game... click <TAB>. This will bring up the player list. Then click (might be right click) on the player's name that you wish to add to your buddy list. <Add to buddy list> button should now show. For a player to accept your invitation, they must go into their buddy list and they'll see the pending invite.

Personally, I just use XFIRE. I know many who say they've accepted and sent invitations that never registered.. or took. They repeatedly had to keep inviting. I think they incorporated the system with the realization, that players look for each other online. I don't think it works as well as they had planned.
Page: 1 of 1