Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making 2 apperances into one

Page: 1 of 1
 l2ash
08-13-2006, 9:50 PM
well the titles sayes it all, i have no experiances with making 2 .2da's into one i am woundering if ne one could either do this for meh, or tell me how to do it manually

(if u gonna help me i need the 2da of T7head01 an visa unvailed into one apperance.2da)
 Emperor Devon
08-14-2006, 2:20 AM
I think someone made a tool that combines 2da files, but I'm not sure where to get it. To combine the files manually, insert some new rows in one of the 2das, and paste the rows of the other file into it.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-14-2006, 11:37 AM
I think someone made a tool that combines 2da files, but I'm not sure where to get it. To combine the files manually, insert some new rows in one of the 2das, and paste the rows of the other file into it.
The one & only stoffe works magic again ;)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#gmt)

You'll want the 2DA Converter/Merger Tool

Discussion Thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153075)

**- Keep in mind if you're editing appearance.2da's.. check to make sure if the mod(s) also use portraits.2da & heads.2da... Some entries may still need manual editing...
 stoffe
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
**- Keep in mind if you're editing appearance.2da's.. check to make sure if the mod(s) also use portraits.2da & heads.2da... Some entries may still need manual editing...

Indeed, that utility will just merge modified values on standard lines, and add in any extra lines and columns present in the files to merge. It will not update values that reference other 2DAs or lines, this must still be done by hand.

It's just a tool to save some time avoiding manual detective work to find rows that are changed, and copy&paste work to move rows and columns. It's a not a "one click to make mods compatible" tool. :)
Page: 1 of 1