Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I fixed the dissapearing Rubat crystal!

Page: 1 of 1
 Karstedt
08-10-2006, 8:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! This was driving me nuts because the one thing I don't want bugged in a Jedi game is my lightsaber, and I spent hours trying to figure it out.

Basically, I built sabers with every crystal and saved/reloaded/took apart/put back together/saved/reloded...... and discoverd the only crystal that really seems to have a problem is the Rubat.

So after much mucking around with everything Rubat related; I inserted a blank entry above the very first line of upgrade.2da and numbered it 999 (just to make is useless and not get in the way of anything), And viola! no more dissaperaing/stacking Rubat crystal.

I'm not sure why this works, but I can confirm that any crystal (don't know if this will happen with other upgrade types as well) in the very first line of upgrade.2da will dissapear after transitioning to a new area or saving and reloading.

Anyhow, you can test this but using an umodified upgrade.2da; upgrade a saber with a rubat crystal; save and reload, it's gone (but effects stil there until you change color crystal). Then use the fix I've described to do the same thing, and the crystal will be there.

Hope this makes sense... I'm a little screwy after all the time I spent on this. Maybe I'll figure out how to use the patcher tool to make a fix.
 Darth InSidious
08-11-2006, 8:18 PM
Hey, nice work, Kasterdt! :)
 Lit Ridl
08-12-2006, 2:58 AM
Was there some problems with it?
I played with it, and all was Ok, for both KI and KII.
 stoffe
08-12-2006, 8:55 AM
Was there some problems with it?
I played with it, and all was Ok, for both KI and KII.

The problem was that the Rubat crystal disappeared from the upgrade slot on the Workbench upgrade screen for the saber it was installed in whenever you reloaded or transitioned to a new area. However, its effects remained, so if you had several Rubat crystals you could install one, move to another area, install another, move to another area etc for as many as you have, getting +1 Damage and +1 Attack every time while still ending up with an empty upgrade slot. :)
 Karstedt
08-12-2006, 4:03 PM
But.... if you changed the color crystal, the stacking bonus would go away and you wouldn't get your Rubats back.

Only an issue in K2.

And I decided it's best to change line 0 to be nothing instead of inserting a new line because it will cause crashing in any saved game where you have stuff in your upgrade slots (because it knocks all the upgrade properties out of whack). However, if starting a new game, or you dissassemble all upgrades before inserting the line, it works fine.
 Darth InSidious
07-27-2011, 2:05 PM
Page: 1 of 1