Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kill Tracker beta-testers needed.

Page: 1 of 1
 Vouksh
08-10-2006, 5:09 PM
I am currently working on a kill tracker. I need a few dedicated beta testers that can tell if a bug appears. I've been keeping the kill tracker within my clan as it's gone through it's early stages, but it's gotten to the point that I need more people to test it on different servers and computer configurations.

Feature list:
Auto name discovery at game join*
Can use built-in music player or basic control of WinAmp**
Built-in player can import m3u playlists, so you can still use your old playlists, even if you choose to use the built-in player
Built-in player supports drag-&-drop of songs to add them to the playlist.
Can save stats either locally, or store them on a remote server so you can show off to your friends =)***
Very simple back-2-the-basics design of the tracker itself. No useless splashscreens, no fancy icons. Just buttons and text boxes.*Still slightly buggy. It works only about 60% of the time =/
**When I say basic, I mean basic. Just play, stop, pause, next, and previous.
***I also need a dedicated server for this. I'm not about to try and host this on my own home server, or even my paid web-host.

Please go to http://www.vjakilltracker.uni.cc/) and sign-up. PM me there or post on there requesting beta tester status. If you are simply interested, you can still sign-up and wait for the official release :)

(I also posted this on FileFront, incase anyone notices)
 ensiform
08-10-2006, 5:59 PM
Ugh... No more kill trackers please. Even if you are going through with it chose a better language like C or C++ because VB or C# are just god awful and require ppl to dl .NET and the VB apps tend to be quite a bit larger than C apps.

CapTracker is written in C and uncompressed its about 140 KB, and compressed with UPX its about 85 KB. Whereas most killtrackers now adays are over 1MB and have bloatware in them, and require the .NET framework. CapTracker also has support for Winamp and Windows Media Player (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Prev, Shuffle, Repeat, Current)
 Vouksh
08-10-2006, 9:23 PM
CapTracker is written in C and uncompressed its about 140 KB, and compressed with UPX its about 85 KB.

My kill tracker is 132kb, and it has alot more features than yours. It's made in VB, but it's not "bloatware". If you want, I can even send you the source. Zipped up, the source is just 1.7MB (that's with the compiled files). Most people that used to like JAM's that tried mine prefer mine since it's not as bloated.

And about the CapTracker: Not many people will use it, as there is a small CTF userbase.

And about .NET: Most people that are going to use a Kill Tracker already use JAM's and already have .NET, since JAM's is written in VB. And this started out as a personal project that turned out really good.

And I do know a little bit of C++ & Java (infact, the linux stat-server is written in java), but I can't stand writing my own GUI code (yes, I'm lazy), so please don't go on with the elitist-coder crap, and focus on usability and userbase.
Page: 1 of 1