Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What does this mean?

Page: 1 of 1
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 9:40 AM
Okay, I have a jedi for my custom map. I munged the files, and this came up in the error log:

ERROR[configmunge odf\jdi_aminius.combo]:This file has an extra closing bracket somewhere!
ERROR[configmunge odf\jdi_aminius.combo]:[INTERNAL: Chunk nesting underflow]ERROR[configmunge odf\jdi_aminius.combo]:[INTERNAL: Chunk nesting underflow] [continuing]
3 Errors 0 Warnings

I fixed the first part (I think) but I don't know what the second part means.
And now, when I test my jedi out, everything works fine except HE HAS NO LIGHTSABER!!!
That's right. It makes the lightsaber noiess, I can do saber throw and force push. But when I try to swing it normally, it makes the noises but nothing else happens.
anyone know whats wrong?
 HK6
08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
u forgot to add the hilt and texture file?
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 10:17 AM
where would I add those? in the msh folder? because I do have those and it doesn't work
 HK6
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
yes in the msh folder
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 12:11 PM
okay I put the handle and texture in
handle: com_weap_inf_lightsaber.odf
and com_weap_inf_lightsaber.tga

texture: goldlightsabre.tga
and goldlightsabre.tga.option

they are in the msh folder, but still it doesn't work. could the problem be with my combo file, lightsaber ODF or the Jedi ODF?

(Note: my Jedi's name is Aminius)

EDIT: Lightsaber File:
http://www.freewebs.com/rcduggan/saber.doc)

Actual Jedi File:
http://www.freewebs.com/rcduggan/actual%20jedi%20file.doc)

Combo File:
http://www.freewebs.com/rcduggan/combo%20file.doc)
 AceMastermind
08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Compare it to another Jedi weapon odf and see if something is missing or not named correctly.
If your lightsaber works but you just can't see it, then i would suspect there to be a problem with the textures/mesh's.
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 12:43 PM
okay, but the tutorial said to spell it sabre, but I might be wrong
 AceMastermind
08-08-2006, 1:33 PM
In your "saber" doc i see "jdi_weap_aminius_saber", do you have such a weapon in your side?
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 5:57 PM
yes i do, and where would I find another jedi file?
 AceMastermind
08-08-2006, 6:56 PM
This morning i installed the Demo Jedi(Tatooine Luke) that came in the zipped folder of the BF2 Modtools, into my side and works real well, perhaps you should just install this demo Jedi and then make small changes to it and test it in-game before making a ton of changes so you can be sure of what exactly has to be done.
 rcduggan
08-08-2006, 7:15 PM
yeah, I tried that, but it didn't work. I'm trying something else now thouhg, so that might work
Page: 1 of 1