Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire Campaign bug?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bobby Fetto
08-07-2006, 5:40 PM
When I try to capture Princess Leia with the Destructor's ray, the mission doesnґt finish and the game become very slow. And if I stop all the Interdictor ships (their special skill which avoid hyperspacial jumps) the mission is fail becaus Leia escapes. Anyone knows a solution?
 DarthMaulUK
08-07-2006, 6:39 PM
Firstly - welcome to the forums - Secondly, because you can't complete a mission doesn't make it a bug. You just need to rethink your strategy. If you get REALLY stuck, you can check out the walkthrough http://www.empireatwar.net/empire/walkthrough/mission10.htm) - but it will give you hints on how to complete the mission.

DMUK
 Darth Raptornus
08-08-2006, 10:36 AM
DMUK, he's talking about a bug where everything slows down, not the fact that he lacks skill or something.
Are you sure your pc is good enough? You should try to only activate 1 interdictor instead of all of them, maybe that'll make the slowdown less bad.
 DarthMaulUK
08-08-2006, 11:02 AM
The slowdown is due to a number of factors which can be read about in the Tech support forum, and im moving this thread there.

DMUK
 Bobby Fetto
08-10-2006, 6:45 AM
Thank u for your answers, but I still think that is a bug, because I capture Leia's ship, but the mission doesn't end.
 DarthMaulUK
08-10-2006, 8:14 AM
if you could take a screenshot that will help and post your system specs (dx diag) - and tell us the version of EaW you currently have? 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc... If you havent installed the new 1.5 patch - do so as this *SHOULD* sort out this problem, if you are using a save from an old patched version

thanks

DMUK
 Bobby Fetto
08-10-2006, 10:00 AM
My PC is a laptop Intel Centrino with 1.5 GHz, 512 DDR RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 64MB.
I'm using the 1.5 patch, and I began the saved game with a 1.2.
Page: 1 of 1