Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't see the emperor (other thread does not solve my problem)

Page: 1 of 1
 Gorgon
08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi all!

I noticed that this problem has been mentioned, but there's really no solution in the other thread (author says that drivers were updated and "solved" the problem).

My prob is similar
http://fotos.vivito.net/fotosend115547012.jpg)

Problem occurs on skirmish as well as GC and campaign.

My config is:
P4 3.0, 1GB RAM, GIGABYTE6600GT128MB, X-Fi

My nvidia forceware is 91.31. System is windows xp pro build 2600 sp2.
I have reinstalled the game and DX9.0c (even from the game DVD). Also I tried forceware 84.56 (which works better in Oblivion for me for example).
I've also ran all the dxdiag tests with succesful results.

Thanks in advance for the help and efforts!
 franq
08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
For what problem IS a solution with this game?... I get the feeling it's just a buggy game. Not much can be done about it. I've had this problem as well, but not for a specific unit...in my case it was more a matter of random unit disappearance. But hey, be lucky to be able to play the game at all. There's a lot of guys who cant even get the game started....and some others like me with pc crashing issues whenever graphical detail is selected on land battles.
 DarthMaulUK
08-06-2006, 2:41 PM
The game is not that 'buggy'. Almost 95% of the problems are PC /hardware/software related and has nothing to do with the developers. People play with settings that are too high, they don't update their drivers, - lots of reasons.

For this bug to happen twice (and I have noticed that they are both international versions) means there could be an issue.

But please post your dxdiag - when you have done this, I will merge the other thread related to this and pass it on to Petroglyph

DMUK
 franq
08-08-2006, 9:20 AM
The game is not that 'buggy'. Almost 95% of the problems are PC /hardware/software related and has nothing to do with the developers. People play with settings that are too high, they don't update their drivers, - lots of reasons....

I dont mean to offend you or anyone else who is somehow 'related' to the developers of this game but i do honestly think this game is buggy and i'm certainly not the only one. There's just to many users with (the same kind of) problems. To say its due to their drivers or settings is just to easy... With my pc specs i should easily be able to run about any game with detail and high resolution, including this one. That i'm actually not able to run this game with any graphical detail has, IMHO, nothing to do with graphics card drivers, directx or my PSU, 'cause every other game that I run works just fine. It's this game that has problems with my graphics card and/or driver (in general system configuration) not the other way around. So.... i'm not blaming you, hell, im not blaming anyone. I'm glad you're here to help as many as you can with their problems. But I would appreciate it though, considering the huge numbers of complaints (all around the internet, not just this forum), if the problems at hand would be addressed a bit more seriously by whoever is supposed to address them instead of just pointing fingers at the gamers themselves or their expensive new hardware...

For instance, there somebody called Sebastiaan (if im not mistaken) on this forum, who has EXACTLY the same problem as i have, with the same graphics card, we both have all the new drivers and directx, and no problems with other games....

One last thing: As an example, I copy-pasted a fragment of a post on gamespot from a fellow gamer with similar thoughts....

....there are serious bugs in the game even after about 4 patches. Some of the patches create glitches in the campaign, which prevent you from completing them. On LucasArts support forum, there is a thread with about 600 posts from people who's game crashes with the same exception error. LucasArts doesn't return emails or respond to the thread. Their patches don't fix this issue. The forum does not provide advice, only asks more questions.
Summary: This game is fun if it works on your machine, otherwise, you might feel like a beta tester who's out $50.....
 ElizLestrad
10-26-2006, 3:55 PM
I happen to agree. The only way it could be a hardware problem (besides incorrect installation which is pretty hard to do these days) was if the Devs didnt make that graphics card or that sound card compatible in the first place so even then it would be a "glitch" with the game. Granted there are so many cards out there it would be hard for the Devs to include every single one...

My rule of thumb is if you can run a game like...say...Doom III or some other VERY high end game with no problem, then chances are the game your trying to play (in this case EoW/FoC) is either having incompatability issues, or its buggy.

An example of this would be the fact that I can run regular EaW with AA at 1600x1200 with full detail, but I cant run FoC on anything but the default settings without the ingame cutscenes lagging like no other, which is kinda disappointing but I'll live till the patch comes out ^_^

But, I also agree that it is not the Devs fault. After all, no game (except those later disowned) has ever been released perfect and free of bugs, never in need of a patch.
 Desann01
12-25-2006, 1:32 PM
I have to say, I've never had a single problem with EaW (if you don't count registration problems, with online play) But I did get it quite a while after realise, and installed the patch before I'd even played a game on it.

FoC on the other hand is so full of bugs it's practically unplayable if you ask me - I've just discovered another one today, where if you use a hero to remove corruption a few times, all your forces from the planet you are de-corrupting, move to the next friendly planet, and your space station gets deleted :wstupid: it's just crazy stuff. I've decided to put it aside until Petroglyph make the patch available on their website (I've read the notes, it says it will fix the hero bug, but makes no mention of this new one I've found today).
Page: 1 of 1