Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

imperial guard mod

Page: 1 of 1
 bacara nate
08-06-2006, 4:27 AM
can someone make the imperial guard as a pc in single player
 Zhaboka
08-08-2006, 4:41 PM
you mean the red guard?
 bacara nate
08-09-2006, 8:50 AM
yes thats the one
(my avatar)
 Forceboat
08-09-2006, 9:33 AM
I'm trying to understand your question. Are you wanting to make the Royal Guard his own NPC for the game, or to replace a character in the game? If you want to replace, say, a Stormtrooper, all you would have to do is replace "stormtrooper" with whatever the name of the Royal Guard is on the 'playermodel' line, and then edit from there, making it either a Jedi or Reborn class, depending on which side you want it to be on (or, even Desann, Tavion with the 'sex- male' in the npc, or Shadowtrooper class). Same applies in making it its own npc. I say use these classes because I assume you want it to have the Force Pike weapon. Anway, that's what to do. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them.
 bacara nate
08-10-2006, 9:35 AM
no i mean when your at the species selection when you click new game you can choose the royal guard as a pc(player character) so jaden IS a royal guard and i dont mind what his weapon is but it could be their double vibroblade
 bacara nate
08-10-2006, 3:52 PM
you know like have the guard so you can chose to be him at the species selection in single player?
 Forceboat
08-10-2006, 9:15 PM
nt
 bacara nate
08-11-2006, 4:21 PM
wat?
 Forceboat
08-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry, about that, bacara, I started to make a post in response when I thought I had figured out what to do, but then had to edit the post to say nt for no text. I am sorry. I did try to make my own Royal Guard species and loaded it up to test it. It didn't work. I tried and tried to get it to work. I don't know if this particular model can be turned into a species or not; if someone has figured out how, please, give us a hand here!
 DarthMuffin
08-12-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm walking in the fog saying this, but you could perhaps use the console to give you a royal guard skin, provided you have one in the /base folder. That's not a long term solution, but it could work.

There are also a few skinning tutorials here (http://jediknight2.filefront.com/files/search/?keyword=tutorial&game=38&search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&sort=name&order_in=asc&limit=25&outdated_in=0&descriptions_in=0&summary_in=0&show_screenshot_in=0#results). I don't have time to check them, but I'm pretty sure that one of them explains how to add skins to SP (I think it's Bael's). I remember trying to add a Dooku skin to Jaden, but never succeeded. I could probably have done it eventually, but I simply lacked the time to really try it.

Best of lucks to you, and tell us if you succeed!
Page: 1 of 1