Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mega Error

Page: 1 of 1
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 8:14 PM
So I finally download the tools and find out how they work... and it screws up big time. After munging my map it says "All done, go run SBFII!" so that's what I do. Here I am excited about these tools waiting for the startup screen, and after all the bars on "loading" are filled out so I can skip throught the ads and onto the game... it backfires. It quits. I try over and over and over and the same thing happens. I can't even play SBFII at all much less mod anything on it! Somebody please help.
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 8:17 PM
I suppose this could also be put in the Bugs section..
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 8:19 PM
Did you install the version 1.1 patch from LucasArts?
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 8:33 PM
If it was that patch that contained "XL" mode yes.
 aadd111
08-04-2006, 8:33 PM
delete the folder u creat in aadon, if u creat a map named ABC, then go in to aadon and delete ABC folder, your battlefront should run again.
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 8:36 PM
What location are your BF2 modtools installed to?
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 9:04 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SBFII Mods\SWBF Modding Tools\data\_BUILD is the location of my stuff.
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 9:22 PM
I deleted the addon and SBFII can run again, and I found out that I don't have version 1.1. Is it required to run the modding tools?
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 9:44 PM
I found out that I don't have version 1.1. Is it required to run the modding tools?

Yes, i believe so.
You should download and install it, then maybe reinstall the modtools into the root c: drive.

This is how mine is configured and everything runs fine.
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I converted to version 1.1 and it still doesn't work. The thing that's making it function improperly is called addme.script located in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\POD
When I delete it everything works fine, when I restore it from the recycle bin SBF messes up on the startup screen. Any ideas?
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 10:54 PM
So the problem is in the munged files created by the modtools then.
Try reinstalling the modtools and create a basic map to test, do not modify anything, just see if the basic map works in-game.

Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Woah, I got it working.
One quick question: where do I load my map from in the zero editor? I've browsed everywhere and it doesn't show up as a compatible file.
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 11:22 PM
When you open ZeroEditor there is a "Load" button in the upper left corner, click on it and find your .wld file then click on it, by default your .wld file should be visible in the list when you click on "Load".
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
OK is there a way that I can zoom in to edit stuff? I'm seeing my map from space.
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Ok all I see is white. How do I get stuff to show up?
 Fate's Decision
08-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Is there a tutorial on the zero editor that I can read?
 AceMastermind
08-05-2006, 10:24 AM
ZeroEditor controls:

This is in the Zeroedit documentation.
Keyboard shortcuts.
You should read and reread the documentation that came with the modtools, especially the "Getting Started" doc.

A,W,S, and D keys: These keys can make you go straight forward, straight backward, and side to side, kind of like in the game.

8,4,2, and 6 keys on the numeric keypad: These keys make you slide forward, backward, and side to side over your map, remaining at the same height.

F and V keys: These scroll your screen up and down.

Arrow keys: These turn the camera right, left, up, and down.

"<" and ">" keys: These keys respectivly speed up and slow down the rate at which you move and rotate (very useful).
 Pho3nix
08-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Fate's Decision Please don't double/triple post, If you have something new to report just edit your post.
 Fate's Decision
08-05-2006, 4:49 PM
I'm trying to paint new terrain but everything is blue and white and nothing I try to paint shows up.
Question:
I uploaded the map into the editor from C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\BF2_ModTools\data_POD\Worlds\POD\ world1\POD.wld, but you said it was supposed to show up immediately. Did I load the right thing? This doesn't look like the map I played in instant action.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/Eptima/zeroeditor-1.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/Eptima/zeroeditor2.jpg)
This is what it looks like. The only thing I get about he documentation is the controls, is there a certain button I have to push in order to paint terrain?
 AceMastermind
08-05-2006, 6:46 PM
After you load your .wld file, by default you are at eye level with the terrain, just press the "F" key so you can actually see your map, it will be flat.
That green square at the bottom righthand corner is a minimap of your terrain.
 Fate's Decision
08-05-2006, 8:57 PM
It works great! Thanks for the help.
Page: 1 of 1