Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music Replacement Mod for KOTOR II

Page: 1 of 1
 Torthane
08-03-2006, 8:09 PM
I have just finished working on a mod that replaces the original KOTOR II music with some excellent music by the composer Justin R. Durban. Check out his website first if you want a preview of what the music in this mod will sound like. Justin's website is located at www.edgen.com) . The file is available for download at
http://files.filefront.com/KOTOR_II_Music_Modzip/;5349341;;/fileinfo.html)
and it should be uploaded to www.lucasfiles.com) soon as well. If you have any comments or questions you can post on this thread or use the email in the readme file for the mod.
 Torthane
08-04-2006, 3:35 PM
The files should be uploaded to http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com) soon. More updates on the way.
 Shem
08-04-2006, 7:04 PM
This mod is now up at FileFront.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Music_Replacement_Mod;67264)

It took a little while to do because of the size of it. ;)
 Torthane
08-05-2006, 12:37 AM
"This mod is now up at FileFront.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.file...ement_Mod;67264)

It took a little while to do because of the size of it."

Thank you my friend. I really appreiciate it. And I'm sorry it's so large.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-05-2006, 8:03 AM
hehehe.. don't be sorry, the music is fantastic :D

I haven't "played it" since I still don't have TSL installed.. but it didn't stop me from listening to it via other means ;)

This will definitley give the game a different feel to it, and often times, it's things like this that can give the players a much different gaming experience :thumbsup:
 Torthane
08-05-2006, 12:46 PM
hehehe.. don't be sorry, the music is fantastic :D

I haven't "played it" since I still don't have TSL installed.. but it didn't stop me from listening to it via other means ;)

This will definitley give the game a different feel to it, and often times, it's things like this that can give the players a much different gaming experience :thumbsup:

Well, that was the reason I made it. I loved Edgen's music and I thought "Man this would go great with KOTOR II." So now we have this mod.
 Shem
08-05-2006, 6:40 PM
Thank you my friend. I really appreiciate it. And I'm sorry it's so large.No appology needed. I was trying to say that I would have gotten it up a lot faster if it wasn't so large. See at FileFront, if you upload any file over 8 megabytes to the server for public download, you have to use the SmartFTP Client, and it will only upload at around 20-25 KB's/sec.
 Jabba da Butt
08-05-2006, 8:34 PM
Looks like a great mod. I downloaded it, but I'm not good enough with technology to figure out how to make it work.

Not to be a bother, but could someone help me?
 Emperor Devon
08-05-2006, 8:57 PM
^^^

For music mods, you need to put them into your StreamMusic folder.
 Jabba da Butt
08-05-2006, 9:54 PM
Okay.

Works great now, music is great, nice mod.
 Shem
08-07-2006, 6:35 AM
The only thing I don't like about this mod is the amps aren't high enough. The people who have played this in the game probably have noticed that the music isn't as loud as the original TSL music.

So, on my personal use, I have upped them on each piece of music and now can hear the music clearly.

I also cut some of the tracks to only have them play the really intense music parts.

I also added shorts with it. You still hear the music from the original game when you get out of combat and go back to area music. I made little shorts from this music so you don't hear the orginal anymore in any way just about.
 Vader's Fist
08-07-2006, 1:49 PM
The only thing I don't like about this mod is the amps aren't high enough. The people who have played this in the game probably have noticed that the music isn't as loud as the original TSL music.

So, on my personal use, I have upped them on each piece of music and now can hear the music clearly.

Yeah I noticed that the volume was lower too, at first I just thought maybe I was going deaf or something. How did you increase the volume of the songs? This might be something simple to most of the people here, but I have no knowledge on modding what-so-ever.
 Torthane
08-07-2006, 2:30 PM
I also added shorts with it. You still hear the music from the original game when you get out of combat and go back to area music. I made little shorts from this music so you don't hear the orginal anymore in any way just about.

As yes I was worried that I didn't make it clear enough in the readme. In section one of the installation instructions I listed some files that needed to be backed up. A little later I sort of said that they needed to be deleted, but I was not clear enough in my wording. Those files play when you finish combat and the mod sounds much better with them removed. Anyway, after you have backed them up just delete the originals in the 'streamsounds' folder and you should be good to go. As for the music volume, I don't have a professional sound editing program and the tracks would pop and crackle if I amplified them much. The way I solved the problem was I just turned the fx and speech volume down in the menu and turned my speaker volume up when I played. It's an easy non technical fix if you want to hear that music a little more clearly. Anyhow, sorry for all of the trouble. This was my first real modding project and I'm a little bit green. I am working on an update right now and any input or suggestions from you guys would be great. I really appreciate all of the feedback you've sent in.

Victory go with you,

PS: I have started work on my next mod. It will up the intensity of the combat in KOTOR II.
 Vader's Fist
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
As yes I was worried that I didn't make it clear enough in the readme. In section one of the installation instructions I listed some files that needed to be backed up. A little later I sort of said that they needed to be deleted, but I was not clear enough in my wording. Those files play when you finish combat and the mod sounds much better with them removed. Anyway, after you have backed them up just delete the originals in the 'streamsounds' folder and you should be good to go. As for the music volume, I don't have a professional sound editing program and the tracks would pop and crackle if I amplified them much. The way I solved the problem was I just turned the fx and speech volume down in the menu and turned my speaker volume up when I played. It's an easy non technical fix if you want to hear that music a little more clearly. Anyhow, sorry for all of the trouble. This was my first real modding project and I'm a little bit green. I am working on an update right now and any input or suggestions from you guys would be great. I really appreciate all of the feedback you've sent in.

Victory go with you,

PS: I have started work on my next mod. It will up the intensity of the combat in KOTOR II.

Cool, yeah thanks I'll do that. Such a simple solution, I feel like a moron now. :wstupid:

As for your new mod, sounds good, thanks to all the mods in my override folder most of my characters are pretty uber so I could use a challenge.
Page: 1 of 1