Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Increased Attributes and Skills

Page: 1 of 1
 Shem
08-01-2006, 6:06 PM
Title : Increased Attributes and Skills for both KOTOR & TSL
Author : Shem
Date Released : 8/1/06

LINKS
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Increased_Attributes_and_Skills_for_both_KOTOR_TSL) ;67082

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18620.html)

Description : What this does is help your attributes to start off higher, and make all of your skill increases cost only one point in each area in both KOTOR games.

Your attributes will now start at 18 in each area (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisa). That will give each area starting out with a +4 modifier in each stat area of your PC and make them more powerful than any of your party members (as it should be). This applies to any class you choose.

IMPORTANT - To make this part of the mod work, you need to hit "Recommended" when choosing your attributes when starting a new game.

Your skills no matter which one, or which class your PC is, now cost only 1 point. This will make it easier for get skill increases and make your PC more valuable like he/she should be. The feats that make certain skills cost only one point in TSL are still there, you just don't need to use them anymore. Also, this mod applies to all of your party members and that includes droids.

Comments : Comments, and feedback are always good and strongly encouraged. I really want to know what you think and get feedback.

VERY IMPORTANT : Make sure you put the correct .2da files in the correct KOTOR game override folders of each or you'll screw your games up. Also, start a new game for the full effect. This especially applies to the Attributes section.
 lord ignarn
08-02-2006, 9:36 AM
A sweet mod man! Itґs great to have a proficent party without having to quit the game and using the KSE at every moment. I find it a good thing for the game.

Keep on it!
 Arбtoeldar
08-04-2006, 1:48 AM
Another great mod Shem.
 Shem
08-13-2006, 3:15 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate hearing it.
 MetalMark
08-14-2006, 7:53 AM
If your Charisma is +4 you just need to talk to Bao-dur 3 times and he is a jedi you don't even need to gain inf.
 Dirtnose
08-14-2006, 5:08 PM
Another top mod Shem!
 Shem
08-16-2006, 2:08 AM
If your Charisma is +4 you just need to talk to Bao-dur 3 times and he is a jedi you don't even need to gain inf.So wouldn't that make this mod a must? ;)
 Slayer93
09-04-2007, 4:27 AM
yeah ha!

now all I need is a money one ;)

thanks VERY much for this insightful mod! :D
 Wedge Suron
09-04-2007, 5:34 AM
Well i hate to put a downer from me but.

I can't get the attributes to work on TSL
 Shem
09-06-2007, 6:00 PM
Well i hate to put a downer from me but.

I can't get the attributes to work on TSLAnd someone else mentioned at FileFront that they can get the TSL one to work, but not the K1. I'm just wondering if there is some sort of mod conflict that would be causing it or something because the bug is not from my end.
 RoyalBlue
09-07-2007, 3:14 PM
I love it, but I think my characters are over-powered enough as it is. Idk, maybe this will give me a reason to get that boosted malak mod, idk.
 Slayer93
09-09-2007, 1:10 AM
welp... I've started two new games in each one with everything going as per expected...

I'd dearly like a file I cd insert to each override directory of both games to give me a few million credits from the word go too...

anyone up to it? :D

thanks again!
 Wedge Suron
09-16-2007, 4:56 AM
I still can't get TSL one to work.
 Shem
09-16-2007, 9:23 AM
I still can't get TSL one to work.Yes, you've mentioned this before. Not to sound rude or anything, but what do you want me to do about it? The problem isn't from my end.
 Wedge Suron
09-16-2007, 9:41 AM
I just reinstalled it. It didn't work.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-16-2007, 1:47 PM
If you want help Paul, you should describe your situation better.

What other mods are in your hard drive? There must be at least one other mod modifying the same .2da, and perhaps therein lies the problem. Just a guess, but it's the best I can do considering the limited information you have given me.

The reason for incredulity on our parts here is that Shem's mod has worked fine... for almost two years!!! So, we need a lot more info to help you troubleshoot it.
 Wedge Suron
09-16-2007, 3:46 PM
Uninstalled it. Cleared the whole folder. Reinstalled.

Mods. Saria, this one, Exile Item pack (RH), Darth Traya Conversion.

It hasn't worked completely. 1 guy as Shem said has had trouble on K1. I used to have trouble with it on K1.

Then I tried another mod on K1 and it worked since. The solution wasn't the mod but it made me try it.

Ok in game. I press Reccommend on it and it doesn't work.

Edit: It's working now.

Sorry for the double post i did it for the attention to the point.

Sorry Paul, but we do not allow 'bumps' here, I have combined your posts this time, only exceptions are modders posting updates/bug fixes, etc. Thanks. -RH
 Shem
09-19-2007, 2:40 PM
Edit: It's working now.Would you mine telling me what you did to make it work so I can use that advice for possible problems people may have in the future?
 Wedge Suron
09-21-2007, 1:41 PM
Umm have patience.

It sorts itself out.

On both games.
Page: 1 of 1