Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RotE #1: New Era Begins (Version 1.0) Released!!

Page: 1 of 1
 PR-0927
07-27-2006, 11:18 PM
It's released. Get it here:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Rise_of_the_Empire_1_New_Era_Begins;66854)

Heh, READ THE README FILE.

Enjoy.

- Majin Revan
 Davinq
08-01-2006, 1:48 PM
Astounding. Definitely downloading this!
 HK6
08-01-2006, 6:40 PM
Unbelieveable

I love the powerful det packs.
First time i tryed to use one i threw it at a clone and blew it up, expecting to demolish the clone. Instead, about 25 clones and i were blown into outer space by the force of the blast
 Davinq
08-02-2006, 1:58 PM
Yeah, the detpaks kicked ass.
 AceMastermind
08-03-2006, 5:28 AM
Yeah this is a really cool map, but for some reason it keeps crashing on me when i get about 5 minutes of play, it also won't let me pilot the gunship for some reason, but overall it is awesome.
 PR-0927
08-03-2006, 2:17 PM
You can only use the turrets on the LAAT/is. Try removing all other custom maps and see if it stops your crashing. Otherwise, lower graphics settings.

- Majin Revan
 Relenzo2
08-04-2006, 5:19 PM
First of all, overall this rocks. Absolutely.
Graphics were fine, I liked the light effects, nice work, But you should add icons to all the weapons, even if you reuse somthing or such. It would make it look better in my opinion, more finished even. I thought the special untits were the high point of the game. They both had lots of equipment, but they were still VERY nicely done and balanced, too. The commando was neat with his sheild. You expect to die so much less you feel you are dying alot until you figure it out. . I couldn't get my anti-armor attactchement going in time to stop tanks, but it wasn't a problem when I had a blaster attatchement and a sheild to kill all the infantry :twogun: . And noone has exaggerated. The only word to describe the explosive power of those heavily modified detpacks is rediculous. I set one, moved till I couldn't even see it, except it blinked so brightly (good reason for that) I must have been at least 30 meters away. I imploded it and I still fell right to the ground. At least at didn't blast into a spire like I did the first time, killing half my teammates and having to get 10 points to get it back ROFL. That thing is probably best used as a suicide attack deep in enemy grounds. :edeaths:

EDIT: That was a big map (with 900 reicnforcements) how many AI were there (I couldn't count them:)) . It did, actually, crash once, the first time I played it, when I was playing the Empire. But otherwise, it's been fine. It seemed a bit baised toward Rebels, I think, not that you predict this, but I can't even be sure because I haven't played it enough.
 darthxarga
09-02-2006, 7:45 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i cant do the copything to the lucas watever folder, cus i cant find it, unless it is the one the says nothin, and i cant copyanything, i go on game nuttin happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! help me, i downloaded and all but can'tdo anything
 darthxarga
09-02-2006, 8:22 PM
nevermind i got it :)
 Davinq
09-02-2006, 8:24 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i cant do the copything to the lucas watever folder, cus i cant find it, unless it is the one the says nothin, and i cant copyanything, i go on game nuttin happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! help me, i downloaded and all but can'tdo anything
There are plenty of places in this forum providing very thorough instructions on installing mods...
 darthxarga
09-02-2006, 9:21 PM
did you not read the oh ok nevermind i got it :) thing...
 darthxarga
09-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I can't play it... i did all th stuff Davin Qe-Kora said but that doesn't work
Page: 1 of 1