Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

is it possible to add disciple backstory to male game?

Page: 1 of 1
 jonathan7
07-23-2006, 9:01 PM
heya guys, while im brewing over exactly what im going to do for my first mod, I was wondering would it be possible to add the disciple dialog a female charachter hears... all into conversations on dantoine? i always play a male charachter (well he looks like me and it is an rpg ;) ) and the 1 time ive played a female PC i was DS so didnt get much out of him... so i was thinking would it be even possible for me to edit the dialog so that, you have your first discusion with him in the academy and then, have a second conversation with him in khoonda and get the back story that way. failing that, is it possible to remove the annoyingly pointless fat one (goto) and put the disciple in instead? (im on holidays atm) so have alot of time on my hands, am slowly working my way through learning all the different modding techniques, but wasnt sure if this one was possible!

ps; sorry about my constantly poor english, but i am dyslexic so although i attempt to double check my posts i do generally miss stuff
 Princess Artemis
07-23-2006, 10:03 PM
It would be tricky, but I think (think, mind, since I've never tried replacing a regular NPC with another regular NPC), that it would be a similar process as adding a totally new NPC. You'd have to do some scripting, changing dialogues, changing the checks for Disciple so he doesn't start acting like G0-T0 when he shouldn't (and changing G0-T0's checks so it doesn't start getting Disciplish).

I'm not sure about how you would go about changing the dialogue just so that a male Exile can hear Disciple's backstory although I have an idea about how that could be done...you could combine the male Exile Khoonda dialogue with the relevant parts of Disciple's regular dialogue--with some checks and scripts removed or changed--and change the Khoonda on enter script so that your new dialogue would play instead. Edit: This part of the script k_enter_601.ncs
AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("disciple", 0), ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(), "disc_enc", 0, 0, 0, "", "", "", "", "", "", 0, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0));
Change disc_enc to your new dialogue name. I think that would do it. If it just made things really weird, you could try adding a male Exile branch to Disciple's regular dialogue...(sorry for being confusing, the heat is melting my brain!)

If you're seriously into modding K2's scripts, http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html) has a link to all of the decompiled K2 scripts. It's on PC Game Mods, so it might be hard to get now, but I can send you the whole k_enter_601 if you need it.

Short answer, yes, I believe it's quite possible to replace G0-T0 with Disciple, but it would be involved. You would definitely need to track down G0-T0's recruit dialoge and change it, and change Disciple's as well, add another exclusively male branch to his initial dialoge and write a script that would put him in G0-T0's place...also, find and do something about the scene on Malachor V between G0-T0 and Remote...

Check the tutorial on recruiting a new NPC to start you out (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944), if replacing G0-T0 is more enticing than getting Disciple to talk more to a male Exile. I'd offer my own K2 Dustil recruit mod to dissect, but I'm not quite finished with it yet.
 jonathan7
07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Cheers, too be honest im kid of torn, originally for my mod, i was going to reskin the fat one (so he no longer looks like a torture droid some 4,000 years later in ANH) so at this point im unsure if i want to add disciple to the party or just have his dialog avalible on dantooine and script for him to make a few cameo appearances elsewhere... i would be interested to know peoples feedback!
 Princess Artemis
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Cameos would be cool. To do that you could make a 'fake' Disciple (a new Disciple .utc with your own unique dialogue for him) and spawn him in different places. Add a new numeric global, like, "Disciple_Convo", and every time you talk to him in a new spot, the global would go up so a new set of dialogue would be in place.

I'd use a mod like that :)
Page: 1 of 1